WR Josh Gordon

Oversigning isn't really all that risky. You figure in kids transfering out (Sullivan, Hetzler so far) and kids not making it, academically or otherwise, and we should have enuff schollies. That being said, I love Gordon for the same reasons I loved Omigie... he's a big guy, and if he can catch, he could be a reliable guy to dump the ball to and let him try to break tackles. Like a Mo Purify. I think Meno will be like that for us next year; down the road, maybe Steven Osborne could be too... and hopefully Gordon.

I dont have a link or anything I just remember Bo saying a couple months ago that they will probably oversign for this class. That was when we still had Norman on board and it was rumored that Byrd and Washington werent going to make it so he might have just been covering himself. Don't get me wrong I would love this commit, one bc he looks to be a really good player and two bc he wouldnt go to missouri. But I really wish we would get guys who were built more like Mendoza with his same speed. I mean we have one guy that has shown he can go deep and that was in a spring game (Gillyean). Every one of our receivers are either 6'2 or above and run a 4.5. I'm hoping to see Marlowe do some good things in the future.

I dont have a link or anything I just remember Bo saying a couple months ago that they will probably oversign for this class. That was when we still had Norman on board and it was rumored that Byrd and Washington werent going to make it so he might have just been covering himself. Don't get me wrong I would love this commit, one bc he looks to be a really good player and two bc he wouldnt go to missouri. But I really wish we would get guys who were built more like Mendoza with his same speed. I mean we have one guy that has shown he can go deep and that was in a spring game (Gillyean). Every one of our receivers are either 6'2 or above and run a 4.5. I'm hoping to see Marlowe do some good things in the future.

Are you kidding? While everyone would love to have Steve Smith at WR, he is truly the exception. I'd much rather have guys who are over 6'2" playing WR. Those guys are the difference makers. Sure, you need to have guys with great speed too, but Purify didn't exactly have blazing speed and he was probably the best WR we've had here in recent times (with the possible exception of Swift). WR's with size are the way to go.

Are you kidding? While everyone would love to have Steve Smith at WR, he is truly the exception. I'd much rather have guys who are over 6'2" playing WR. Those guys are the difference makers. Sure, you need to have guys with great speed too, but Purify didn't exactly have blazing speed and he was probably the best WR we've had here in recent times (with the possible exception of Swift). WR's with size are the way to go.

Purify IS(was) a much better receiver than Swift, he just doesn't get credit for it because,

A. He is not white

B. He played whole career under Cally

C. He only played two years

D. He had off the field issues

II'm not sure what the reason is most fans won't give Mo the credit you deserve but, I can gaurentee you, that if you hand Mo and Nates game fields to a pro scout and they will tell you Mo is the better receiver. Don't get me wrong, I like Nate, he's a good player, but he doesn't have half the athletic ability Mo had.

I hope B is the correct answer, and as time goes by most people quit punishing the players that played for cally.

Purify IS(was) a much better receiver than Swift, he just doesn't get credit for it because,

A. He is not white

B. He played whole career under Cally

C. He only played two years

D. He had off the field issues

II'm not sure what the reason is most fans won't give Mo the credit you deserve but, I can gaurentee you, that if you hand Mo and Nates game fields to a pro scout and they will tell you Mo is the better receiver. Don't get me wrong, I like Nate, he's a good player, but he doesn't have half the athletic ability Mo had.

I hope B is the correct answer, and as time goes by most people quit punishing the players that played for cally.

I agree about the assessment on Purify. He would've wholeheartedly helped his career if he worked substantially harder on his route running. That was the knock on him. Swift, like J. Ganz and T. Petterson worked very, very hard and they all but maxed out their ceiling level.

WOW, didn't expect that! Anyway, Mo may have been better physically but that doesn't mean crap. It boils down to production. Look at Johnny Mitchell for instance. Maybe one of the more physically gifted TE's I have ever seen. Did it translate into a great NFL career? No. Physical ability is only part of the equation. Don't forget that. Also, I wasn't trying to start a Mo versus Nate debate. My bad.