MU & KU Fans....

ray233

And crap, we lost 2 running backs in the last 2 weeks!! They're transfering because they know they won't see the field.

Tell them to not stand behind the coach.

I honestly didn't know that KU had 3 wins over teams with winning records last year. No wonder MU was upset about not getting a BCS bowl.

While I can definitely appreciate the idea behind this post, and it was a good way to spend a few minutes of the day, about the best I can do is wish you luck in convincing the Blue Kool-aiders to wake up and smell the thunderstorm. As far as I can see Kansas fans just don't seem to understand how easy they had it last year. Of the two worthwhile teams they played (Missouri and Virginia Tech), they lost one (Mizzou 36-28) by just about two touchdowns and beat the other (VT 24-21) by a field goal.

Well whoopie ding. I might actually splash some Husker Kool-aide out of the cup when I slam it down in astonishment. What an incredible season! This truly is the emergence of a dominant force that we have been waiting for in the sport of college football. This age of parity crap is flying right out the window now that the Mangino dynasty has begun. Blessed be the Jayhawks, who the scribes and the prophets foretold would come unto us.

But more to the point I'm trying to make: I'd just quit trying to explain little things like "facts" to the Jayhawk/Tiger crowd. They're not interested. The Kool-aide is sweet, don't forget. Huskers drank enough of it the last four years to remember. We overlooked a whole ton of little details which emerged from camps and so forth in favor of recruiting, rationalizing losses, and all that nonsense. What matters is what happens on the field this season.

I have not one inkling, shred, jot, iota, or tittle of a doubt that Kansas is about to come crashing back to earth like a blue-flamed meteorite dropping against the blackened night sky. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when. I'd mark my calendar for South Florida personally. If they don't get it done, I'm sure Oklahoma would be willing to oblige.

KU Head coach performance bonus criteria:

2007: 11-1

2006: 6-6

2005: 7-5

2004: 4-7

2003: 6-7

2002: 2-10

KU elite opponent criteria:

Central Michigan (8-5)

Southeastern Louisiana (3-8)

Toledo (5-7)

Florida International (1-11)

Kansas State (5-7)

Baylor (3-9)

Colorado (6-6)

Texas A&M (7-5)

Nebraska (5-7)

Okahoma State (6-6)

Iowa State (3-9)

Missouri (11-2)

I just read your other post JGS. I rather enjoyed your extreme sarcasm. As you can see above, I too am taking the high road.

:koolaid2:

Wow, that schedule was soft as charmin. It looks a little different this year for KU. They get OU, TT and Texas from the south and play at South Florida and at Nebraska. Not putting down your program/team JSG30, but 8-4 would be a pretty respectable season with the schedule the Jayhawks have. All the stars kind of aligned last year.

What a great post. That was well written. I'm so impressed I don't know what to do with myself. Geeez. Thanks for clearing that up. I better just sit back and hope for a 6-6 campaign. Let me get this Orange bowl Champions shirt out of my closet because it was a fluke that we beat Virginia Tech, I mean, we played nobody all year and we're still not a good program.

I'm now Hoping for a trip to the Fort Worth Bowl, cause we're just not a good program. My gosh, I just hope we can field a team at this point. And crap, we lost 2 running backs in the last 2 weeks!! They're transfering because they know they won't see the field. Well gosh, we need all the help we can get though, cause we're not a good program. I mean, gosh, we're not a good program and last year was just a flash in the pan. I feel so stupid buying season tickets this year. I might as well trade them in and get Husker tickets because they're a "good program" and are destined to finish at least 2nd in the north and restore the order.

Nevermind our 11-1 regular season. How ridiculous. I have to learn that we played nobody. Oh wait a second, did we play Nebraska? Oh, well, last year doesn't count. I keep forgetting that. Bo is in Lincoln now and everything is fixed. OK, pass the Husker Kool-Aid cause I'm thirsty to start sipping.

Hey Guys, I even heard the other day that Bo runs a 4.3 40 yd dash and is competing for a linebacker job!! Sweet!! Expect the worst and hope for the best as a jayhawk fan. Thanks ray for getting me on track. Thanks for helping me know my roll.

Here's to lowering my expectations this year and pulling for a 6-6 Jayhawk Season. Fort Worth Bowl here we come!!! :sarcasm:rollin

:clap

Wow!

You just took sarcasm to a WHOLE NUFFFFFFA LEVVVVVVVVOWL! :lol:

While I can definitely appreciate the idea behind this post, and it was a good way to spend a few minutes of the day, about the best I can do is wish you luck in convincing the Blue Kool-aiders to wake up and smell the thunderstorm. As far as I can see Kansas fans just don't seem to understand how easy they had it last year. Of the two worthwhile teams they played (Missouri and Virginia Tech), they lost one (Mizzou 36-28) by just about two touchdowns and beat the other (VT 24-21) by a field goal.

Well whoopie ding. I might actually splash some Husker Kool-aide out of the cup when I slam it down in astonishment. What an incredible season! This truly is the emergence of a dominant force that we have been waiting for in the sport of college football. This age of parity crap is flying right out the window now that the Mangino dynasty has begun. Blessed be the Jayhawks, who the scribes and the prophets foretold would come unto us.

But more to the point I'm trying to make: I'd just quit trying to explain little things like "facts" to the Jayhawk/Tiger crowd. They're not interested. The Kool-aide is sweet, don't forget. Huskers drank enough of it the last four years to remember. We overlooked a whole ton of little details which emerged from camps and so forth in favor of recruiting, rationalizing losses, and all that nonsense. What matters is what happens on the field this season.

I have not one inkling, shred, jot, iota, or tittle of a doubt that Kansas is about to come crashing back to earth like a blue-flamed meteorite dropping against the blackened night sky. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when. I'd mark my calendar for South Florida personally. If they don't get it done, I'm sure Oklahoma would be willing to oblige.

I just have to say KU had the ball at the Virginia Tech 2 yard line when the final whistled blew, but the Big Guy took the high road and made the Hawks down the ball for the 24-21 victory. But I see your point. I will say the OU game will be next to impossible for KU to win. Not too many teams go into Norman and win, especially this year. I really don't se anyone beating OU in Norman this year.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that V-Tech was very DISAPPOINTED to play Kansas in the Orange Bowl.. Seriously, which team had more motivation?? Football is a mental sport, and V-Tech wasn't there mentally.. Kansas was.. It was an upset, kind of like how Colorado beat Oklahoma..

This season, KU will go 6-6 or worse.. mark it down

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that V-Tech was very DISAPPOINTED to play Kansas in the Orange Bowl.. Seriously, which team had more motivation?? Football is a mental sport, and V-Tech wasn't there mentally.. Kansas was.. It was an upset, kind of like how Colorado beat Oklahoma..

This season, KU will go 6-6 or worse.. mark it down

...so it has been done.

:rant

Arrogant KU and MU fans have been bugging me as of late. The delusion I see on these boards in some cases is almost saddening.

The biggest issue I see in some of these posts, is that fans of these schools with recent success just don't get it. They don't understand the difference between a good TEAM and a good PROGRAM. I'm going to attempt to explain it to them:

Characteristics of a good team include:

• Good Players
  • Good Coaching
  • Good Team Chemistry
  • Happy Fans

Characteristics of a good program include:

• Winning Tradition
  • Consistently High Expectations
  • Consistent Recruiting
  • Proven Philosophies
  • Loyal Fans

No one should argue that Kansas and Missouri had good teams last year. But let's be realistic. We need to remove the phrase "turned the corner" from their vocabularies. Kansas didn't become a winning program after beating Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

Basketball? Sure. Kansas has all of the characteristics of a good program. Kansas football? Not quite. If Kansas goes 4-8 this year, the fans are going to be disappointed, but they'll simply temper their lofty expectations for the next year. Instead of high expectations, they will go back to high hopes. Mark Mangino will not lose his job after a collection of 7-5 seasons.

The 2007 KU team had good players, good coaching, good chemistry and a friendly schedule. They had success as a team, not as a program. For an unproven program, it's a dice roll from year to year. Maybe Kansas will be good this year, maybe they won't be. Until a school like KU is a top team year in and year out, the status of the program will remain the same.

Missouri? Same boat. They've been putting a good team on the field for the last couple of seasons, but nothing with the program has changed. Same coaching, same philosophies, same expectations. If Missouri goes 6-6 this season, fans will throw their hands up and blame it on the "Pinkel Factor". After a season or two, expectations will conform to the on-field results. Maybe they'll still be high, maybe they'll be back to wishful thinking. That's how unproven programs function.

Nebraska on the other hand, is not in this realm of unproven programs. Nebraska has the winning tradition, high expectations, proven philosophies and loyal fans. In a good program the expectations never drop. Year in and year out, people surrounding the program will expect a highly competitive team. Not hope, expect.

Successful programs will set the bar high. If they don't reach that bar, people start getting fired. A good program will not guarantee a good team every year, but it will demand progress and success. I'll sum it up for you here KU and MU fans:

Having a good team does not mean you have a good program.

Having a good program means you continually have good teams.

Got it?

Nebraska has been down for a clear reason. The things that made the program great were deviated from. The program and it's tradition was churning out good to great teams every year. Not a losing season in 40 years before Callahan. Nebraska hadn't lost to Missouri or Kansas at home since before the kids in the student sections were born. We know what went wrong in the program. It's being rectified on a program level, which means the good to great teams will start hitting the field again very soon. The program dictates the winning culture and will now settle for nothing less.

I just want these guys to understand that a good couple of seasons for them and a bad season for Nebraska, does not reverse the rotation of the earth.

Nebraska is still the better program and will reload. These unproven groups should really get some continual success before they start thinking they have "it". You're not a good program, until you're a good program.

The true measure? When a poor season is an unacceptable anomaly....and there's a piece of serious hardware in the case (or maybe four or five pieces). The biggest ingredient in the "kool-aid" is success.

You see kiddies, enjoying your success is one thing...but acting like all of the sudden you're one of the elite programs is another. Your program isn't there and as of right now...it's not even a discussion. Your teams are trying hard and that's respectable, but it takes a whole lot of winning to truly "turn the corner".

Until then, your recent winning is as systematically temporary as our losing. That carriage that you're riding in is just a pumpkin called 'hype'. Show some humility. Midnight could strike at any time princess...

Wow, Ray!

I'm a little disappointed.

I guess, after your last thread, it would be near impossible to knock another one out of the park.

This condescending "elitist attitude" is what makes it so hard to convince outsiders what great fans we are.

It's pretty easy to support a program that won 78% of the time during my lifetime, but for these CU, KU or MU fans to continue support their teams is pretty amazing (Unless of course, they just happened to jump on the bandwagon).

And it's not like these teams/programs have only just had recent success.

You're just comparing them to one of the most successful programs in all sports.

I remember a year when Kansas and Colorado had one of their best teams..Both finishing 10-2 and #11 and #5 in the final polls..But we just happened to have what most people consider the best team of all time that same year...Even though Florida finished 2nd, is there anyone here that thinks they gave us as tough of a game as ISU or Missouri did that year?..Heck..Even KSU finnished 10-2 and #12.

Show some humility..And if you happen to feel some of them biting your ankles a little bit, just roll up a newspaper and smack them on the nose. :clap

(Now you got me condescending/elitist/attitudinizing them).

Arrogant KU and MU fans have been bugging me as of late. The delusion I see on these boards in some cases is almost saddening.

The biggest issue I see in some of these posts, is that fans of these schools with recent success just don't get it. They don't understand the difference between a good TEAM and a good PROGRAM. I'm going to attempt to explain it to them:

Characteristics of a good team include:

• Good Players
  • Good Coaching
  • Good Team Chemistry
  • Happy Fans

Characteristics of a good program include:

• Winning Tradition
  • Consistently High Expectations
  • Consistent Recruiting
  • Proven Philosophies
  • Loyal Fans

No one should argue that Kansas and Missouri had good teams last year. But let's be realistic. We need to remove the phrase "turned the corner" from their vocabularies. Kansas didn't become a winning program after beating Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

Basketball? Sure. Kansas has all of the characteristics of a good program. Kansas football? Not quite. If Kansas goes 4-8 this year, the fans are going to be disappointed, but they'll simply temper their lofty expectations for the next year. Instead of high expectations, they will go back to high hopes. Mark Mangino will not lose his job after a collection of 7-5 seasons.

The 2007 KU team had good players, good coaching, good chemistry and a friendly schedule. They had success as a team, not as a program. For an unproven program, it's a dice roll from year to year. Maybe Kansas will be good this year, maybe they won't be. Until a school like KU is a top team year in and year out, the status of the program will remain the same.

Missouri? Same boat. They've been putting a good team on the field for the last couple of seasons, but nothing with the program has changed. Same coaching, same philosophies, same expectations. If Missouri goes 6-6 this season, fans will throw their hands up and blame it on the "Pinkel Factor". After a season or two, expectations will conform to the on-field results. Maybe they'll still be high, maybe they'll be back to wishful thinking. That's how unproven programs function.

Nebraska on the other hand, is not in this realm of unproven programs. Nebraska has the winning tradition, high expectations, proven philosophies and loyal fans. In a good program the expectations never drop. Year in and year out, people surrounding the program will expect a highly competitive team. Not hope, expect.

Successful programs will set the bar high. If they don't reach that bar, people start getting fired. A good program will not guarantee a good team every year, but it will demand progress and success. I'll sum it up for you here KU and MU fans:

Having a good team does not mean you have a good program.

Having a good program means you continually have good teams.

Got it?

Nebraska has been down for a clear reason. The things that made the program great were deviated from. The program and it's tradition was churning out good to great teams every year. Not a losing season in 40 years before Callahan. Nebraska hadn't lost to Missouri or Kansas at home since before the kids in the student sections were born. We know what went wrong in the program. It's being rectified on a program level, which means the good to great teams will start hitting the field again very soon. The program dictates the winning culture and will now settle for nothing less.

I just want these guys to understand that a good couple of seasons for them and a bad season for Nebraska, does not reverse the rotation of the earth.

Nebraska is still the better program and will reload. These unproven groups should really get some continual success before they start thinking they have "it". You're not a good program, until you're a good program.

The true measure? When a poor season is an unacceptable anomaly....and there's a piece of serious hardware in the case (or maybe four or five pieces). The biggest ingredient in the "kool-aid" is success.

You see kiddies, enjoying your success is one thing...but acting like all of the sudden you're one of the elite programs is another. Your program isn't there and as of right now...it's not even a discussion. Your teams are trying hard and that's respectable, but it takes a whole lot of winning to truly "turn the corner".

Until then, your recent winning is as systematically temporary as our losing. That carriage that you're riding in is just a pumpkin called 'hype'. Show some humility. Midnight could strike at any time princess...

Wow, Ray!

I'm a little disappointed.

I guess, after your last thread, it would be near impossible to knock another one out of the park.

This condescending "elitist attitude" is what makes it so hard to convince outsiders what great fans we are.

It's pretty easy to support a program that won 78% of the time during my lifetime, but for these CU, KU or MU fans to continue support their teams is pretty amazing (Unless of course, they just happened to jump on the bandwagon).

And it's not like these teams/programs have only just had recent success.

You're just comparing them to one of the most successful programs in all sports.

I remember a year when Kansas and Colorado had one of their best teams..Both finishing 10-2 and #11 and #5 in the final polls..But we just happened to have what most people consider the best team of all time that same year...Even though Florida finished 2nd, is there anyone here that thinks they gave us as tough of a game as ISU or Missouri did that year?

Show some humility..And if you happen to feel some of them biting your ankles a little bit, just roll up a newspaper and smack them on the nose. :clap

(Now you got me condescending/elitist/attitudinizing them).

We do show humility. How many times have our fans applauded other teams performances?

Ya know, if we're showing an elitist/condescending attitude, that's too bad. Myself, like many others on the board I would imagine, are "products of our envrionment".

And that environment is winning.

Through the 70's, the 80's, and the 90's, we were an Elite football program. We were winning conference titles, figuring into the national title picture, and even bringing the hardware home a few times ourselves.

All this while having one of the highest percentage of walk on players of any D-I school, running an offense that was continually called, "outdated", and having a coach that could "never win the big one".

So am I a bit condescending, am I an elitist? Guilty as charged...

We do show humility. How many times have our fans applauded other teams performances?

Ya know, if we're showing an elitist/condescending attitude, that's too bad. Myself, like many others on the board I would imagine, are "products of our envrionment".

And that environment is winning.

Through the 70's, the 80's, and the 90's, we were an Elite football program. We were winning conference titles, figuring into the national title picture, and even bringing the hardware home a few times ourselves.

All this while having one of the highest percentage of walk on players of any D-I school, running an offense that was continually called, "outdated", and having a coach that could "never win the big one".

So am I a bit condescending, am I an elitist? Guilty as charged...

I'm just sayin' we could all be better "Wally's" to "the Beave".

Imagine Beaver Cleaver running home to show everyone his 1st "B" on a Math test.

Would Wally:

1) Show the Beave his report card full of "A's"?

2) Make fun of him for taking so long to get a "B"?

3) Let Eddy Haskel call him a goof?

4) Congratulate him and offer to help him get an "A" next time?

5) Ask him for help with Calculus?

this might be you being a poor loser right now. you can't handle that teams that were our punching bags for YEARS finally getting their chance in the sun. college football is cyclical. it's really hard for a team to have 9+ wins a season for 30+ years. we'll be back don't worry. just let it roll off your back.