IS IT ME OR WHAT?

OLDMAN

I know all this spread offense is the new wave but gawd its boring to watch.

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

Hard to switch over from pass block to the run..................OKAY?

And maybe Shawn Watson is NOT the man to be offensive cordinator.

Since the start of the big 12 we have been slowly sliding back into the pack.

Reminds me of when Penn State joined the big 10.

At one time they were a very strong national power.

Now they once in awhile will get a peak at the top of the conference.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

Kind of like my opinion of Nebraska.

We are the Penn State of the Big 12.

How is the forward pass boring to watch? Three yards and a cloud of dust will not help when it's third and long. What throwing QB plus good WRs want to go to schools that just like to pound the rock for a one yard gain? None. If you cant throw the ball your chances of beating good run defenses are slim. I like the offense. I like the balance. The running game will get there. Come on big daddy, you should know better.

I was just thinking the other day that the spread IS stupid and boring: TT, HI, MO, Cinci, etc.--PHOOEY! It's all about AVOIDING contact. The best display of rushing I've seen in a long time was by TN vs GA last year, but that was just 1 game.

I think ya gotta be good at both,but I prefer a dominant rushing attk. We're NEBRASKA, it's about the LAND, the GROUND! I'd like 2 see more option too, just 4 kicks. :thumbs

I'm finding myself loving to watch West Virginia and becoming a fan of their team and option .

And since Solich and his Millard North offense (Give the ball to the QB to run 90% of the time) and the down years of Clownahan I think I am losing some of my passion for NU.

I realize we can't go back to the 90's and a power running attack but this spread WC crap just speaks of being a pu&&y type NON-PHYSICAL mamby pampy flag football game.

Now the reason we can't run the ball is the O line isn't trained to run the ball.

But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time.

WHEN was Penn state a national power? Won't contend for a nat. title in your lifetime? Well, works for me, pull the plug allready.

We ran and passed in the 70s and 80s. Why is a balanced offense considered a new concept? I don't give a sh#t what we do as long as we do it well.

I suppose the game could stand to get more physical in the traditional sense. If the college game is going to get more physical in the near future, NU might as well be the team that changes the game and makes others play catch-up. I don't think Watson or Bo are buying into the spread. They're just as sick of answering dumbass questions about spread offenses as anybody. I'm optimistic.

well, let's face it, besides the kick return by Paul, there have not been any real exciting plays......just a fact and a correct observation...end of story.

C'mon dawg. Winning IS exciting. And there have been several exciting plays. That's just the short term memory coming from you. ;)

...I think I am losing some of my passion for NU....

...But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time....

Wow...I hear Missouri and Kansas are accepting fair-weather fans on their band wagon. Do let the door hit ya'...where the good Lord split ya'!!!

...I think I am losing some of my passion for NU....

...But they will never contend for another national title at least in my life time....

Wow...I hear Missouri and Kansas are accepting fair-weather fans on their band wagon. Do let the door hit ya'...where the good Lord split ya'!!!

No kidding, I heard ECU is winning. Go be a part of butt-Pirate Nation if you're so sick of the Huskers.

Of course, this is a guy who is ranting about an offense he is bored to watch (the spread) and yet enjoys watching West Virginia one of the most classic spread offenses around. TTU and other pass happy offenses are a variation of the spread.

I do see some parallels between us and PSU. that i can see, but this is still college ball. Teams can turn around in a season or two like ECU or UCF. Or over time like MIZZOU or WVU. What many teams don't have is the kind of tradition that can make the transition easier, like USC or Alabama have done recently. We have that!

As for the spread, well it can be a little stale, or it can be pretty exciting to watch if ran well. Many probably said the same about the triple option. But we really don't run a true spread anymore than we run a WC offense. If we see our O-line start to line up two yards apart then I will be truly worried.

I'm fine with a multiple offense(the spreadcoast maybe?) because we don't have to be pigeonholed, and it lends itself to adaptation to players of varying skill sets. Where else could you imagine a future with Witt gun slinging for a couple years, followed by seasons of Cody (Green or Spano) running loose on the Big 12! The future looks bright indeed!

I do feel too many teams are running the same option draw play we've all seen a thousand times, but if it works someone will run it. Whats worse is our first drive of the WMU game featured none other than the option draw.

Do I wish they would pound it like 95 ? Sure. But right now I'd settle for the production we saw in o6!!!

:nanalama

:nanalama

Some of you just made my dead pool list.