*****VT POLL*****

HSKRNOKC

What will the outcome of the VT game be???  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Close game. Several Henery field goals, maybe two TDs? 23-21 Huskers over Hokies.

Sucks that Mizzou gets a bye week before coming to Lincoln. Hopefully some rust plays into it for them. They're scoring a ton but did give up 42 to Illinois. And last year was so embarassing in Columbia. I dont think the Pelini's or players will attack MU with a "high school" look on defense. ;) QB pressure and forcing turnovers could be the key. While the Huskers should be able to move the ball.

I reserve my pick on that until that October.

With an extra week to practice, Nebraska will play a good game and beat VaTech by 7-10 points.

As for MU, I can't help but think that Pelini has spent a lot of time during the off-season scheming a defense for MU's offense. The question may be whether Nebraska has enough speed and discipline on defense at that time to implement it. Nebraska may very well lose that game, but it may be closer than people would expect.

I think we handle VT ok, say 31-17.

We will give Tigs a battle and if the ball bounces our way maybe shock 'em.

But I think it's Tigs 38-27.

Again....247 total yards of offense against GT...and you think they will score 17? They will be doing good to score 10 against us.

Nebraska 42 Virginia Tech 6

That is my prediction....written in stone from on high.

Again....247 total yards of offense against GT...and you think they will score 17? They will be doing good to score 10 against us.

Nebraska 42 Virginia Tech 6

That is my prediction....written in stone from on high.

:koolaid2:

we put up 38 against NMSU...... Va Tech's D is ya know, the STRENGTH of their team? 42???

:clap As long as our offense is "on"...I think 42 is very achievable. We put up a lot of points last year against some good defenses...unfortunately our defense allowed them to put up more points. Therefore, in good faith, I will stand by my prediction...so it is written:

Nebraska 42

Virginia Tech 6

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

probable loss--

first decent opponent, players more tested, more staff continuity, not their first road game,

vaTech will have more games under their belt. a week off this early may actually hurt NU. both teams ranked nearly the same (right now).

+

MU the next week.

= trap game.

GO BO!!

i love how everyone thinks VT has no offense... yes it may be the weakest part of their team but with good coaching ,more experience, and more continuity they'll be much improved for the Nebraska game

Tyrod Taylor is no joke ... that offense will be able to control the clock on NU .... I do think it'll be a low-scoring game that comes down to whoever makes the big plays in the 4th quarter and whoever plays better on special teams

By the time VaTech gets here they will have played 3 division 1 teams. We will have played 3 glamorized high school teams.

They will be better prepared for a tough game than us. They have a better defense than we do. Our offense will most likey fizzle quickly against them.

It will be a battle of ineptitude as far as I can see, but my guess their depth is better than ours and we will lose in the final minutes of the game. 16-3

The other scenario is they come in and shut down our offense and specail teams kills us and makes short fields for them to play on. We have not faced a mobile QB like TyRod. They have always been a problem for Pelini coached teams. 21-7