Helu should start against Mizzou

jjamuss

I'd say use Lucky as what he'll be in the NFL, a third-down back. He is the best at receiving, picking-up blitzes and playing out on the perimeter. But he just isn't an every-down back, he doesn't break tackles and he lacks vision. Helu needs more touches if we are to ever get the ground-game going on a consistent basis.

I'd say use Lucky as what he'll be in the NFL, a third-down back. He is the best at receiving, picking-up blitzes and playing out on the perimeter. But he just isn't an every-down back, he doesn't break tackles and he lacks vision. Helu needs more touches if we are to ever get the ground-game going on a consistent basis.

But that is the thing, Marlon is not a good blocker. If it was not for that, he would be the absolute prototypical 3rd down RB in the NFL.

Lucky looks more and more like a CFL guy to me. <_<

RB Marlon Lucky wasn’t a factor, period. He ran for all of 17 yards on eight carries and caught three passes.

There is more to being a good RB than just running the ball. Marlon is on the field because he is our best all around back. He did a great job last night of picking up blitzes. He gets a lot of undeserved critisism do to the O-line getting pushed around. I agree that Helu should get a lot more touches but Marlon is still our best all around back.

You can put him on the field as much as you want. Have him pick up blitzes, run screens, line him up at receiver, but Helu is still a better runner and should be getting at least half of the carries.

I agree that Helu should get as many or more carries than Lucky. Most of our problems on O come down to our O-line. Everything starts up front, except for 1 or 2 carries last night Helu didn't have anywhere to run either. His TD run was F'n awsome though.

Agreed. 6 of one, half dozen of the other basically.

Helu is much better than Lucky. Name me one game in Lucky's career against a good team that he's had a good performance. I really hope someone can find me one for the sake of five stars.

Helu hits the whole hard. He stays on his feet as long as he possibly can. He'll lower the shoulder when Marlon would try and run around a defender. He's faster than Lucky. He plays with visible fire and passion

Get Helu 75% of the carries and see what happens. That's my take

And from what I have heard in practice from those who can actually see it, Helu has shown himself to be superior. Now why has that not translated to more snaps for him? I don't know. It would be the same as asking why does Wortman, Swift, Peterson, Asante, O'Hanlon see so many snaps but yet Paul, Curenski, Culbert, Thenarse and Fisher do not. Just some crazy stuff going on that I don't understand really.

I agree for the most part, but I think that Swift doesn't to deserve to be on the list. He has played very well for us this season, and really stepped up against VT.

IMO, Lucky's running style very closely resembles that of last highly-touted running back to wear number 5 at Nebraska....does the name David Horne ring any bells? Inability to hit the hole. All the "experts" spoke about their speed, but rarely did either back show it. Too much lateral movement and juking, not enough running down hill....Trying to force the home run every play instead of letting it develop.

Well as stated many times, he does not even belong on the field. He does not try when the going gets tough. He falls down after running in the to back of one of his limemen.

I still have little respect for his running abilities no matter what he does. He is at best a reciever.

I seriously doubt he will be drafted, and end up a FA at best.

No heart, no desire, unless he knows he is bigger stronger and tougher than who he is playing against. He learned that in the league he played in. Biggest waste of time this program has ever had as far as I am concerned. Give it to the kids period.

Save him for Baylor, he will do good there, well maybe.

The thing that pisses me off with him this season is he said in the off-season that he knew he had alot to prove and he was holding back last year. I thought for sure he would come out and start running over people and boy was I wrong. Put Helu in there because that kid has way more talent and wants it more, oh that's right if we do that Lucky is too damn emotional and will go off the deep end. Helu gives us a better shot to win SO PUT HIM IN THERE! :madash

i will preface this with " i truly dont care which one plays"

but

why the hell should Helu start? because he had one good run? I am all for getting the best guy in there but maybe we could give one of them 25 carries a game and see if they can get it down. hell the way they are doing things you cant judge who is better anyway.

honestly i want lucky in there for 20-25 carries as long as they are making him a part of the passing game as well. if they would do that then he is by far the best choice.

I still think it needs to be Lucky. if you watch the game again, you can add for yourselves how many times he saved joes butt by picking up the right blitzer or making the block that was necessary.

oh yeah, it generally is a bad decision to get a guy completely involved in the offense (running and passing) when he is your best runner in space, your best receiver period, and your best blocker.

I like Helu, but the grass is always greener.

Whatever they do, whoever they play, stick with it. give someone the damn ball 20-25 times, throw them some and see what happens. RB by committee is BS always has been always will be