Honestly....since we are all experts here <tongue in cheek>

mwj98

I used to hear this from a CU buddy of mine, Devanney and Osborne had literal practice fields upon practice fields of O-lineman that they could choose from. Just like it sounds, as if they were harvesting corn each year. We need to get back to that-lol.

It's not to difficult, NU needs C. Pelini and B. Cotton to field dominating lines, the rest is all fluff. If Carl Pelini can recruit the studs needed on the D-line, I can see him upholding his bargain. The jury is still out on Cotton.

NCAA to drop scholarship limits.

NCAA to lower accademic standards.

Reschedule to only face one rated team a year. 8-9 20 point wins.

Stop advancement of all programs not known as Nebraska.

Limit all funds by boosters of other programs.

Limit viewing of ESPN, Rivals and Scout by prospective recruits

Systematically eliminate all other weight programs at all conference shools, then moving on to all conferences.

Of course all of this would take time.

Maybe we could just be realistic in our thoughts about our program and have patience.

Makes as much sense.

NCAA to drop scholarship limits.

NCAA to lower accademic standards.

Reschedule to only face one rated team a year. 8-9 20 point wins.

Stop advancement of all programs not known as Nebraska.

Limit all funds by boosters of other programs.

Limit viewing of ESPN, Rivals and Scout by prospective recruits

Systematically eliminate all other weight programs at all conference shools, then moving on to all conferences.

Of course all of this would take time.

Maybe we could just be realistic in our thoughts about our program and have patience.

Makes as much sense.

While I do agree that Nebraska is a long way from dominating anyone, I think the poster has valid question for an internet message board. A better way to word it would be, what does it take for any given program to make it to the top.

What would it take for us to get back to dominance?

I am curious as to what you have to say.

The Huskers clearly have insufficient recruiting to improve relative to their competition. Our recruiting now is further behind (or just as far behind) the top 7 or so in the conference than it was a year ago. The only way to improve in any meaningful and sustained manner is to improve recruiting. How do you do that? How does a team that did not make a bowl game last year and may not make one this year improve recruiting? How does a team that is being mocked at the national level improve their image so that recruits even consider us?

It seems to me that there is only one way. NU must truly over-achieve and play with sensational heart and with insane intensity and hang with people that should kill them and beat a few people that they should lose to. They have to have fans who never give up on them, who don't leave in the 3rd quarter and who don't boo. When a recruit sees such devoted fans and a team that is playing their hearts out (under-talanted but over achieving) then some real recruits may take the plunge. Unless this happens, NU is done. They simply will not come back at all.

So, for our part, we as fans have to remain faithful. The current squad needs to play over their heads and take some teams out that we should not beat. Both must happen. If only one --- or neither happens..... well then... we will continue to get recruits that are second/third tier and be further buried into the bottom of the Big 12 pile.

Right now it looks bleak. But we have to hang in there. And the team must not belly up.