cody glenn

shagg

i can live with some of the penalties that they called on him (some were kinda iffy)...love the closing speed and the intensity...in the past years what was really frustrating was seeing our SLOW LBs in position to make plays but they couldn't because they looked like they were running on sand...

The dude's great at LB. No doubt about it.

I don't know if I would say great. He definitely shows flashes of greatness, but he's very inconsistent. Its a shame we only have him at LB for one year because I think if he spent a few more years in the system he could be up there with the Sean wetherspoons and other top LB's.

After watching guys like Corey McKeon for a few years, I'll take a few Glenns.

He's got a great motor, just brings it all day. BU's TD run in the first qtr was on him, and then O'Hanlon. Needs to stop with grabbing the face mask. Rule changed this year. It's 15 yards no matter if you hang on or it's accidental. But like Dave said, I'll take several guys like him over the group we've had the previous few years.

The dude's great at LB. No doubt about it.

I don't know if I would say great. He definitely shows flashes of greatness, but he's very inconsistent. Its a shame we only have him at LB for one year because I think if he spent a few more years in the system he could be up there with the Sean wetherspoons and other top LB's.

After watching guys like Corey McKeon for a few years, I'll take a few Glenns.

Corey was too full of himself and too busy telling you how much better he was than Huskers from the past (When he wasn't modeling women's volleyball uniforms). If he would have put half the effort into football as he did running his mouth or partying, he might have done alright. As it was he was a huge disappointment, on and off the field.

...And yes, I would say exactly that to his face... :nutz Corey, in my book, was "The Biggest Loser" of the 2007 season. His attitude was typical of what was wrong with the whole program the last four years.

Fast that he is, and hes doing a really great job this year. But just think how good he could be if he had made the switch earlier in his career. I had thought for sure that baylors qb was gone on his reverse scramble...but then here comes glenn to chase him down NICE!!!

No doubt he's got speed, but what I think he does best is understand the angles. He's not as fast as Griffin - I don't think there are a handful of guys in the world as fast as him - but he made plays because he took a better angle. Some of that is just natural talent, the rest is coaching.

I watched the game on tv and focused on Cody because one of the tools we'd have was to have Glenn 'gun' him. One of the long runs by Griffin was because Cody had a bad angle and they got the corner. Another long Griffin run was because Cody got screened by one of the other backers.

And when Cody flew across the field to take Griffin OB I felt that set the tone for the entire D the rest of the game.

I watched the game on tv and focused on Cody because one of the tools we'd have was to have Glenn 'gun' him. One of the long runs by Griffin was because Cody had a bad angle and they got the corner. Another long Griffin run was because Cody got screened by one of the other backers.

And when Cody flew across the field to take Griffin OB I felt that set the tone for the entire D the rest of the game.

of course hind sight is great, but imagine how good Glenn might have been at LB, had he been playing the position for the past 3 years?

Besides the penalties he looks like he is a great player. But I just look at it that he has never played defense untill this year so he dosnt know all the rules but he is learning and hopefully we wont see any more. He is a great LB and glad they made the swich, we defintley need the speed. Its hard to believe I was reading threw his quotes and besides never playing defense untill this year he has never tackled anyone which was a concern of his but as you can tell he has no problem getting someone down.

I love his closing speed, but he makes too many mistakes. He completely wiffed on the long touchdown run in the first half. But he made up for it in the second half with some great plays.

the mistakes come from playing the position for such a short period. think if he had played LB longer. and this leads into my castille conversation........