man I wish we could play MU again

melscott62

Are you guys serious?

A mediocre (at best) KU team gave your guys all they wanted in your own back yard. You slapped around a terrible Iowa State team and beat up on a K-State team that's effectively headless and now you're dreaming of a re-match with Mizzou and Oklahoma?

Put down the crack pipe.

While Mizzou is by no means an elite power, with obvious weaknesses to boot, there's no way Nebraska has covered enough ground this year to significantly change the outcome of a hypothetical re-match with the Tigers. That would require over five touchdown's worth of progress in six weeks in order to win a second game. A margin of victory that was earned in Lincoln no less. And don't forget that Pinkel took his foot off the gas too. We could have easily hung 70 on you.

I believe that Mizzou would still beat Nebraska's best game by at least 2-3 TDs. Not a rout by any means, but decisive nevertheless.

OU would smoke you guys just 'cause, well, they're OU and you're Nebraska. Why on earth would you want to put your team on the field with them again? Did you not see the same game that I saw?

If it makes you feel any better, all bets are off for next year's MU-NU matchup. Bo seems to have your team headed in the right direction and I don't know how dramatic the dropoff's going to be once this class of seniors graduates. I think it could go either way, with neither team getting a blowout.

Are you guys serious?

A mediocre (at best) KU team gave your guys all they wanted in your own back yard. You slapped around a terrible Iowa State team and beat up on a K-State team that's effectively headless and now you're dreaming of a re-match with Mizzou and Oklahoma?

Put down the crack pipe.

While Mizzou is by no means an elite power, with obvious weaknesses to boot, there's no way Nebraska has covered enough ground this year to significantly change the outcome of a hypothetical re-match with the Tigers. That would require over five touchdown's worth of progress in six weeks in order to win a second game. A margin of victory that was earned in Lincoln no less. And don't forget that Pinkel took his foot off the gas too. We could have easily hung 70 on you.

I believe that Mizzou would still beat Nebraska's best game by at least 2-3 TDs. Not a route by any means, but decisive nevertheless.

OU would smoke you guys just 'cause, well, they're OU and you're Nebraska. Why on earth would you want to put your team on the field with them again? Did you not see the same game that I saw?

If it makes you feel any better, all bets are off for next year's MU-NU matchup. Bo seems to have your team headed in the right direction and I don't know how dramatic the dropoff's going to be once this class of seniors graduates. I think it could go either way, with neither team getting a blowout.

actually we beat the crap out of KU. if you actually watched the game you would have seen that the only thing that kept it from not getting really ugly was 2 fumbles by 2 guys that NEVER fumble. our lines on both sides of the ball dominated them. I would also ask if you saw the T-tech game?? I guess you forgot that one. If we could almost beat them on the road I'm pretty sure we could play you guys close.... T-tech is clearly better than you. like it or not we are improving every week......

Are you guys serious?

Put down the crack pipe.

I believe that Mizzou would still beat Nebraska's best game by at least 2-3 TDs. Not a route by any means, but decisive nevertheless.

I don't know, MU seems to be having it's own share of issues. KSU played them ok and Baylor really pushed them. NU played much better against those two teams, that and took TT to the wire. The OU game was abosolutely a buzz saw. If you could dream of the perfect scenario for OU, that was it. I don't think that happens a second time, I don't think NU wins but it isn't nearly that bad. There are two big differences between the NU team that MU saw the first time and the one that is playing now. NU has changed it's offensive schemes and now is really clicking, that and NU has found a tremendous D-Line pass rush. I will be interested to see how well KU plays MU in a few weeks.