Mathew May

Kudos to the unheralded walkon redshirt freshman who sacked Freeman for an 8 yard loss in the second quarter. He forced a fumble on the play which Kansas State was able to recover.

It is amazing how Coach Pelini is cobbling together an improving defense with so many guys like this. Whether players like May continue to shine or get overtaken by this years redshirts and future recruiting classes remains to be seen but this shows that Coach Pelini truly is giving everyone a shot. In that regard he is more like Pete Carroll than Callahan could ever dream of being.

May is a redshirt freshman Saftey. He played for the Chase County Longhorns of Imperial, Nebraska and earned Class C1 all-state honors from both the Lincoln Journal Star and Omaha World-Herald before being a Husker walkon. - He was also a standout athlete in track as well.

Today they played him at Linebacker. He got told of the position switch this past Wednesday, one heck of a job he did to get ready. He played in Nickel personnel packages only, about 15 snaps this game.

sounds like there's a few guy on the team like him..bo seems to pluck theses guys outta nowhere...i think they had him playing LB today..he's listed as a safety just like lance thorell....if i was bo i would keep some of them at LB full time...we need these sort of smaller LB type to ultilize their speed and quickness....osborne used to do this alot back in the day...

There is an article on him in the OWH today. Looks like he'll be staying at LB.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10489177

awesome...i like the fact that eckler said that he's one of the faster guy on the team....more speed at LB....the fact that he's only a freshmen( i think) will give him more time to grow into the position..the one thing you can't teach is speed and that's where he becomes an asset...that's one thing about these walkons , they're probably more willing to switch position or do whatever it takes to get on the field

sounds like there's a few guy on the team like him..bo seems to pluck theses guys outta nowhere...i think they had him playing LB today..he's listed as a safety just like lance thorell....if i was bo i would keep some of them at LB full time...we need these sort of smaller LB type to ultilize their speed and quickness....osborneMcBride used to do this alot back in the day...

There fixed it for ya!!