ESPN Bowl Projections (as of 11/23)

Bowl Predictions

CBSSports predicts Nebraska to go to the Gator bowl against Florida St. It's possible, although the ACC will have to be sorted out more. I only looked at a few others, but these bowl predictions seem plausible.

Talk about redemption. Last year arguably one of the worst in NU history and this year we are talking about a NYD bowl agianst FSU. Its like a dream come true. We just need our boys to lay the wood to CU and leave no doubt in the minds of the Gator bowl that is where we belong.

Bowl Predictions

CBSSports predicts Nebraska to go to the Gator bowl against Florida St. It's possible, although the ACC will have to be sorted out more. I only looked at a few others, but these bowl predictions seem plausible.

SI has Nebraska in the Gator Bowl vs Georgia Tech.

I have to assume the ESPN guy is predicting a Colorado upset as that looks like the only way for Nebraska to end up in the Insight.

If the Gator takes a Big 12 team does that mean the Sun has to take a Big Least/Notre Dame team?

I enjoy searching all the sites for projections........ To go along with this thread, NBCsports (which is advertised all over on game days) likes to think that they are the most popular site, has Nebraska in the Inight Bowl vs Wisconsin..... WTF

Here are their projections:

Gator: Pittsburgh vs GT (they think the Gator will opt for a Big East team infron of NU or any Big 12)

Alamo: Mizzou vs Northwestern

Sun: Notre Dame vs Pac 10 (Cal ?).....If Gator doesn't take ND, then Sun must....apparently ???

Insight: Here is where they have NU...

Not that I agree with any of this crap, 'cause NO ONE knows anything yet, just opinions, but the Insight is a little "low" for an 8-4 team. If we lose, then we can't complain....but, I probably would enjoy Tempe/Pheonix more than El Paso.....so if not the Gator/Alamo, then I hope we do go to Insight.

After a long and exciting season of college football, people finally get to watch some great BCS matchups.

Like these three turds (of the five BCS games) projected as of 11/23 (from BCS home page).

#21 Boston College (8-3) vs #16 Cincinnati (9-2) (Orange)

Penn State vs #17 Oregon State (Rose)

Alabama vs Utah (Sugar)

It's so stupid. Where is the vomit emoticon when you need it.. damn.

As for the Huskers, where ever, when ever. GBR!!!

Bowl Predictions

SI has Nebraska in the Gator Bowl vs Georgia Tech.

I have to assume the ESPN guy is predicting a Colorado upset as that looks like the only way for Nebraska to end up in the Insight.

If the Gator takes a Big 12 team does that mean the Sun has to take a Big Least/Notre Dame team?

You would think so, but then Colorado would be going to a bowl, so I'd expect him to have them going somewhere. Who knows? It's hard to tell what idiots are thinking sometimes.

NBCsports

Gator: Pittsburgh vs GT (they think the Gator will opt for a Big East team infron of NU or any Big 12)

Alamo: Mizzou vs Northwestern

Sun: Notre Dame vs Pac 10 (Cal ?).....If Gator doesn't take ND, then Sun must....apparently ???

Insight: Here is where they have NU...

Of course if they actually asked the bowls their rules they'd know Gator and Sun can't both pick from Big East (ND is part of Big East for bowl purposes which is why they suck). Or they could just read the F'ing web site:

The Brut Sun Bowl will match up the Pac-10 Conference versus either the Big 12 Conference, the Big East Conference or the University of Notre Dame.

The Brut Sun Bowl selects the third place team from the Pac-10, who will be the visiting team in 2008.

The Brut Sun Bowl is in an agreement with the Konika Minolta Gator Bowl (www.gatorbowl.com) to alternate picks between the Big 12 and Big East Conferences with each bowl game having a one-time option to select Notre Dame.

If the Gator Bowl selects a Big East Conference school, then the Brut Sun Bowl will have the fifth pick from the Big 12 Conference. If the Gator Bowl selects a Big 12 Conference school, the Brut Sun Bowl has the second pick from the Big East Conference. If Notre Dame is not selected to participate in the Bowl Championship Series, then they would replace a Big East selection by either bowl game if bowl eligible.

In 2006, the Brut Sun Bowl selected Missouri, while the Konika Minolta Gator Bowl selected West Virginia. In 2007, the Brut Sun Bowl selected USF, while the Konika Minolta Gator Bowl selected Texas Tech.

I guess research is too hard for NBCsports:

moran.jpg

A real scenario which puts Nebraska in the Insight is for

1. Gator to pick Missouri (or another Big 12) and then

2. the Alamo to pass over Nebraska to select another Big 12 that remains like Kansas.

3. The Sun has to pick from the Big Least (or ND).

Thus Insight bowl it is but it relies on 1 and 2 happening.

Almost as likely is Missouri winning the Big 12 champ game and going to the BCS, whoever did not play in the Big 12 champ game (Texas or OU) going to the national title game and then loser or Texas Tech also going to the BCS (yes there is a scenario for 3 teams from one conf to make it) and everyone moves up one spot.

If Notre Dame loses to USC (expected) and Nebraska wins against Colorado (expected), I have no idea how Nebraska does not go to the Gator Bowl.

:yeah

There is actually no way any of these bowls could pick the (probably) 6-6 Irish team:

The Sun Bowl will covet the Irish even at 6-6, but cannot take them over a Big East team if the Big East produces six seven-win teams. I'm projecting Rutgers to become that sixth team, in which case Notre Dame falls to any bowl with an open spot. On a purely speculative whim, I'm placing them in the Texas Bowl, for now.

Almost as likely is Missouri winning the Big 12 champ game and going to the BCS, whoever did not play in the Big 12 champ game (Texas or OU) going to the national title game and then loser or Texas Tech also going to the BCS (yes there is a scenario for 3 teams from one conf to make it) and everyone moves up one spot.

Really? What is that scenario? According to Jerry Palm's collegebcs.com site, "Under no circumstance may a conference place more than two teams in the BCS games." He is pretty widely acknowledged as the #1 expert on the BCS.