Media really hates us....

holvy83

Stewart Mandel for SI.com had written in his weekly mailbag how unfair it is that NU gets the Gator while Mizzou who if loses the Big 12 title game will be lucky to get the Alamo!! Again another shot at a good season for the Huskers <_< Blah, Blah, Blah if Mizzou gets the Alamo, so what?! That is what the bowls wanted, what do they think the bowls are about?? The schools, the fans? Money talks which is really sad :angry: Mizzou probably should have drawn a better bowl bid, but what bowl wouldn't want a South team that beat Mizzou in the first place!

Stewart Mandel for SI.com had written in his weekly mailbag how unfair it is that NU gets the Gator while Mizzou who if loses the Big 12 title game will be lucky to get the Alamo!! Again another shot at a good season for the Huskers <_< Blah, Blah, Blah if Mizzou gets the Alamo, so what?! That is what the bowls wanted, what do they think the bowls are about?? The schools, the fans? Money talks which is really sad :angry: Mizzou probably should have drawn a better bowl bid, but what bowl wouldn't want a South team that beat Mizzou in the first place!

That is in no way a "shot" at the season Nebraksa had, unless you consider it cheap for a college football analyst to offer one of MANY observations that teams who won in regular season head-to-head contests (in this case an utter dismantling by Mizzou at home) find themselves in a lesser position at the end of the year. Had the teams been reversed, Stewart Mandel would have made the exact same observation on behalf of Nebraska.

Again, nothing makes Husker fans look more cornball than crying media bias.

Simple fact of the matter is that Mizzou couldn't beat who they needed to beat in order to get to a good bowl this year. That is their fault. It is in no way Nebraska's fault if Mizzou gets the Alamo Bowl, it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Besides, we'd all live better lives if we just ignored espn analysts. :LOLtartar

Umm, he was explaining why Ohio State will likely go to the BCS over Boise State. Bowls are a business. Fairness has nothing to do with it. If fairness did, Missouri would got to a better bowl than Nebraska. It doesn't. Most viewers and tickets sold does. Here is what he actually wrote after explaining Econ 101 to his idiot readers:

Take the Gator Bowl, which this week will officially invite 8-4 Nebraska. As a result, 9-3 Missouri, which won the Huskers' division and beat them 51-17, will likely go to a lesser bowl (the Alamo) if it loses to Oklahoma on Saturday.

Is that "fair?" Of course not. But it's bound to draw huge business for the Gator Bowl, which has never previously hosted the Huskers and their caravan of traveling red-clad fans.

I dont see what the big deal is anyway, IMO theres 4 types of bowl games- the national championship game, the other BCS bowl games, the middle of the pack bowl games and then the really meaningless early to mid december bowl games. so to me, Alamo,Gator,Cotton,Peach bowls etc. are all basically the same, I know theres a difference in rankings and bla bla bla but really it all boils down to the 4 types like I said.

I know what you're saying because I have thought the same thing from time to time...but I think everyone thinks their team gets NO LOVE....my friend, a gator fan, thinks that florida gets no love, my other friend, a USC fool, thinks the same, even my NOTRE DAME friend thinks NOTRE DAME gets no love...it's a vicious circle of which we are are victims........

maybe I'm missing something again.

I detect no hatred in the article for any team, maybe the process, but not the teams involved.

as others have pointed put in many of these "media bias" threads

... bias is in the eye of the beholder

... and he's usually wearing blinders.

but opinions vary.

meh, it is what it is. MU gets a chance - albeit a slim one - to win an outright confernce championship, we don't get the chance because we don't deserve it this year. I would gladly trade the Gator bowl for a chance at a conference title. In fact, MU needs to worry more about how they are going to handle OU and less about which bowl we are playing in. (not that I honestly think alot of MU fans/players/coaches care about where we play in Jan.)

What is wrong with the Alamo Bowl? Like was stated before it is basically equal to the Gator besides the fact that it isn’t on January 1 but that day doesn’t have the same meaning it once did. Also the Alamo Bowl should be the only game on TV when it is played so more TV exposure for Mizzou.

So how does it work if Mizzou wins? Mizzou & Texas BCS bound. That would put OU & Tech to Cotton & Holiday but which goes where. Does that mean OSU gets shipped to San Antonio and NU stays with the Gator? Nobody is thinking about that happening though now are they?

For the record the media doesn’t hate us. Sometimes the truth hurts.