Shawn Sullivan

I would normally say that I don't get it either, but I have a hard time making it to classes too. It's not that I don't care or anything, I just really have a difficult time convincing myself that it's important, don't know why. So I can somewhat sympathize with the kid.

I agree with you. I remember days where you know exactly what is going on in class, maybe a review for an open book test or something stupid like that. You know you don't need to go.

However, If Pelini has a rule that you don't miss class without a valid reason, then that is reason enough to go.

I went to UNK on Honors Scholarship. My grades mattered If I had a class, no matter how mind numbingly boring and simple it was, if attendance was involved in grading I was there.

He knew the rules and simply blew it!

I'll still admit, Friday morning classes were rough!!!

If you think going to class is tough....try a full time job!!! The real world is going to hurt!!! I know I am an old fart......

I would normally say that I don't get it either, but I have a hard time making it to classes too. It's not that I don't care or anything, I just really have a difficult time convincing myself that it's important, don't know why. So I can somewhat sympathize with the kid.

I agree with you. I remember days where you know exactly what is going on in class, maybe a review for an open book test or something stupid like that. You know you don't need to go.

However, If Pelini has a rule that you don't miss class without a valid reason, then that is reason enough to go.

I went to UNK on Honors Scholarship. My grades mattered If I had a class, no matter how mind numbingly boring and simple it was, if attendance was involved in grading I was there.

If you think going to class is tough....try a full time job!!! The real world is going to hurt!!! I know I am an old fart......

My college days were 5 years ago. I do have a full time job, actually own my own business. I work 11 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week. The real world does hurt, but also feels good if you put in the work. The point of my post was to say that no matter how pointless or boring something seems, if it is required for your position in life, do it! No matter how rough it may feel.

Don't mean to throw out the "speculated rumors post" but a very legit poster on HI stated this is only 1 of possibly 4 more to go. And I'll leave it at that as I don't what to speculate on who they may be. Sorry in advance if this is against board rules.

Water fights in practice were apparently a hit with some of the players- :angry:

Actually, I don't think this is just Pelini's rule. As far as I know, this has always been the rule and guideline for UNL athletes. When I was going to college 15 years ago, you always saw the football players at each and every class while the season was going on. After Christmas break, not so much.

The only class I ever remember where attendance was involved was a class called foundations. It was easy to skip though if you had a friend that would sign a card for you.

I remember how tough it was to make it to certain classes at times, but I think people are jumping the gun here. Some people are talking like he missed 1 single class session and was kicked out of class. Did i miss that? If he was kicked off the team for missing classes (plural) then he probably deserved it. I have friends who went to class with several athletes who missed a few sessions and nothing happened. Its all in the number of times he missed class.

I have a feeling if he wasn't going to class that Bo didn't have much say in the matter, he just made himself ineligible scholastically. I am in total agreement with others on this matter, if the kid don't want to come in and do what is expected of him not only on the field, but in the classroom, give the scholarship to someone that actually wants to be there and is putting out the effort on the field and in the classroom.

A lot of these kids don't know where to draw the line between partying and their responsibilities when they show up at college with no mommy to get their a$$es out of bed and to class. My daughter went to a private college with two of her friends from the same high school, she barely slid by - going to class her freshman year, her two friends were "asked" not to return for their sophmore year since they never bothered showing up for class. I think that was a wake up for my daughter.

As far as him going into the military, they don't put up with people not showing up either...and there is a no tolerance order when it comes to drugs. You test positive once, you get counseled, do it a second time you get busted, third time your butt is on the street with all your crack head friends.

I wouldn't be so sure that it's because he skipped class. I have History of American Jazz with Niles Paul and Terrence Moore (among a few other football players) and I constantly see them not in class. On occasion, I have also seen one of them show up and see none of the others there and then turn around and leave.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe college just wasnt for him? Maybe he's thinking of joining the Military? Or smoking weed?

I dunt know :dunno

To be fair, you can smoke weed and go to college at the same time. It's possible. That's all.

Yeah, but it's illegal...that's kinda the reason that it FREAKIN IDIOTIC to do it if you are on Scholarship for a team like Nebraksa....

Just to be clear, athletes party just like anybody else. Its their decision like it is anybody's, so they can be judged for doing it. I just don't understand when people are surprised.

Weed is a good reason to not go to class, but it can also make class interesting. I would never have went to Astronomy lab @ 8:30 pm on Thursday if I wasn't high! It was awesome baked.

Then you grow up and you get married and have kids and you spend your time on an internet message board........

Wow I'm old.

Maybe college just wasnt for him? Maybe he's thinking of joining the Military? Or smoking weed?

I dunt know :dunno

To be fair, you can smoke weed and go to college at the same time. It's possible. That's all.

Yeah, but it's illegal...that's kinda the reason that it FREAKIN IDIOTIC to do it if you are on Scholarship for a team like Nebraksa....

Just to be clear, athletes party just like anybody else. Its their decision like it is anybody's, so they can be judged for doing it. I just don't understand when people are surprised.

Weed is a good reason to not go to class, but it can also make class interesting. I would never have went to Astronomy lab @ 8:30 pm on Thursday if I wasn't high! It was awesome baked.

Then you grow up and you get married and have kids and you spend your time on an internet message board........

Wow I'm old.

Fact.. people will always smoke weed. Fact ...it is illegal.. Fact.. some people dont give a sh#t. Fact... I did NOT inhale... :wacko:

I wouldn't be so sure that it's because he skipped class. I have History of American Jazz with Niles Paul and Terrence Moore (among a few other football players) and I constantly see them not in class. On occasion, I have also seen one of them show up and see none of the others there and then turn around and leave.

Just my 2 cents.

History of American Jazz. I wonder if the same guy teaches it still. There's three easy credits.

As for the weed, there wouldn't be much NU football history if every pot smoker were kicked off the team. The 80's and 90's teams would have been far outside the top 25 except for the fact that all the other teams would have had guys missing also.

Henery deserves a scholarship for sure. I don't know many college kids that haven't at least tried pot. It is like a part of the growing up process. However, when you can't control you life and it takes it over, it is no longer a "acceptable" thing. Legally it is illegal...but then so is drinking and driving, but who hasn't done that?