2009 Virgina Tech Game

Is optimism dead under Husker fans? You guys make it seem like it's a shoe in for a loss.

Given our coaching history over the last several years, you can't expect Nebraska to remain weak against quality opponents. I mean who expected Texas Tech to go down the way it did? Plus, most ESPN analysts had us slotted to lose the Clemson game. Thanks to Callahan and Co., ESPN analysts were always 100% correct when picking Husker games, they finally got one wrong.

I think this game may look a lot like the Gator Bowl, with 2 tough defenses slugging it out. I really believe we'll be able to keep Tech's O from scoring many points. If we can avoid the stupid mistakes and turnovers we should be in the game with a chance to win in the fourth quarter.

Is optimism dead under Husker fans? You guys make it seem like it's a shoe in for a loss.

Given our coaching history over the last several years, you can't expect Nebraska to remain weak against quality opponents. I mean who expected Texas Tech to go down the way it did? Plus, most ESPN analysts had us slotted to lose the Clemson game. Thanks to Callahan and Co., ESPN analysts were always 100% correct when picking Husker games, they finally got one wrong.

fixed it for you

Who knows who is gonna win...Thats why they play the game, weird sh*t happens in games...Plenty will happen before the season even starts like players getting hurt, kicked off the team, etc ...Just because you think V-Tech has more talent doesn't mean they're going to win...Maybe one team will improve a bunch and the other just a little...But to say you dont see Nebraska winning means nothing when you havent even seen who the QB is...Why play the game if you've already chalked up a Loss...Should be a fun game but way to early to predict a winner

Will be a tough game to win in their house. New q/b new starting w/r's, and as some have pointed out, Paul seems to have just straight ahead speed, with no moves before or after he makes a catch. D- Line will be stacked to stop the our run game. Fumbles could hurt early if that problem continues with Castille and Witt if he is the starting q/b. Good thing about this game is it doesn't count in the Big-12 season. Win the north division, the big-12 championship game, and we have our bcs game. To early to tell who will step up and lead the team next year, but should still be a very good season if the q/b situation gets worked out early enough.

GBR!!!

Given our coaching history over the last several years, you can't expect Nebraska to remain weak against quality opponents.

I can until they show me otherwise.

When was the last victory over a ranked opponent?

BTW- Every game is winnable, but there are LIKELY outcomes.

It's LIKELY that VaTech is a loss. Nothing is guaranteed (except maybe.. NU victories over the scheduled cupcakes). You can etch them in stone!

GO BO!!

Almost every Husker fan was saying these types of statements when talking about the 2008 Texas Tech at Lubbock. Most people thought we had no shot whatsoever, and the Big Red came out and, technically, should have won that football game. Don't count out the Big Red in any game next season, as this Husker football team will be much improved.

Maybe nu shoulda won, maybe, but TT did technically win that game.

every game is winnable. Can nu beat Vatech at home?

sure. But it isn't likely.

I actually agree with you on this one clone. For once. :lol:

Nebraska surely can beat VTech but I think they will be stout next year, more so than this year. We will see though.

If you guys make it to the game, make sure you make it in the stadium for the 'Enter Sandman' entrance. It's worth it. Also, have a turkey leg, very tasty.

Pray that it's not a Thursday night game, that place gets brutal.

And watch the lightning bolts to your rental car aka Corso