How does Barry Turner Perform next season?

bbhusker

Coming off his injury, some guys just don't perform the same as they did before they got hurt. Do we see the same player he was his stellar freshman season? Or do we see they player that is solid but not awsome? I believe Carl will have Barry at the top of his game. Barry had to sit and watch his teammates make strides without him, I believe this will motivate him to earn the Blackshirt he missed out on this past season. What do you think?

I think he does tremendous things this year. Even when everyone else was giving up on D '06-'07, he and Octavian seemed to be the only ones putting full effort. Plus, he never redshirted, so now he's had a chance to get mentally and physically ready for a great senior year.

The injury Turner had is one that most of the time guys come back from perfectly fine. Sometimes even stronger than before.

There's no reason to assume he won't come back 100% and ready to tear it up off the edge.

A problem is that he plays the second most athletically demanding position on the football field while battling 300 lbers on every play. Can't be good on his leg.

I'm not putting to many expectations on him next year. Hopefully others can pick up the slack at that other end spot.

I say he either plays well or he won't start. We have others. I'm glad if he's back, but if he didn't get the medical, I don't think we would suffer too much. I think he lost his job to P. Allen regardless of his health next year. He would be second team, if Potter were back. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else get the nod.

I say he either plays well or he won't start. We have others. I'm glad if he's back, but if he didn't get the medical, I don't think we would suffer too much. I think he lost his job to P. Allen regardless of his health next year. He would be second team, if Potter were back. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else get the nod.

I don't get how you can even claim this. At the beginning of the season Bo was singing this guy praises. Barry was asked to do a whole bunch of different things in the 2 games he played in, not just rush the passer and play run D. Bo mentioned several times that Barry was a special player that they could have do a variety of things. Assuming he heals correctly and he isn't gun shy, he will be a very good player again.

He showed flashes of greatness his freshman season and if anything this injury might have been a blessing in disguise for him. He gets another season under these coaches to get better and fully understand the defense. Hopefully he isn't too protective of that leg and plays up to his full potential, if he does that he will have a big year and help relieve some of the pressure off of Suh which will be huge. Turner very well could be a big surprise for opposing teams next year after not doing much the last couple of seasons, and I hope he is.

The question is if he can come back mentally. With this coaching staff, I think he has a better chance at it. If he can get over the gun shy issues that come along with an injury, he will be a real problem for oposing offenses.

On a side note:

I was listening to the radio yesterday and there was a very interresting comercial on. It seemed a little strange to hear when you think about this situation with Turner. The comercial had nothing to do with selling a product. It was Majic Johnson. He told the story of his first year as a basketball player in the pro's, I believe. The jest of it was that he said he had a knee injury and was very frustrated but the team picked up his spirits and helped him through rehab as a support spiritually and mentally He also said the team stepped up and played well. They made it to the playoffs and he then said: "It was then that I realized I didn't have to do it all myself". It was almost like an interview with only him telling the story.

Turner may have had the same situation, if you think about it. The D progressed and developed each week without him. He may just come back with a fresh feeling and a little more confidence about his play and the rest of the D. Then again, it could be just me being optomistic. :)

GBR!

I think he does tremendous things this year. Even when everyone else was giving up on D '06-'07, he and Octavian seemed to be the only ones putting full effort. Plus, he never redshirted, so now he's had a chance to get mentally and physically ready for a great senior year.

I agree with this. I think Turner comes back fine and with full force. I know he wanted to play badly this year, and now he has an entire off season to prepare and get himself ready.