what WR will emerge in 09

I don't see any of our wr's having a "great" year. I think Brooks and Paul aren't the hardest workers and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Gilleylen can consistently hold on to the ball. I think Holt will be our best target but I'd be surprised if he had a "breakout" season.

I'd rather have lower expectations and be surprised than vice versa

wow i hate that train of thought! :bang

basically you are saying that you EXPECT our wrs to be bad....

I don't see any of our wr's having a "great" year. I think Brooks and Paul aren't the hardest workers and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Gilleylen can consistently hold on to the ball. I think Holt will be our best target but I'd be surprised if he had a "breakout" season.

Hey, you can read!

Seriously though, from what we've seen I don't expect any wr to have a "breakou" season. I guess it depends on your definition of "breakout"

Oh but I forgot, just saying that you think they're going to be good on the internet automatically makes them play better

Hey, you can read!

Seriously though, from what we've seen I don't expect any wr to have a "breakou" season. I guess it depends on your definition of "breakout"

Oh but I forgot, just saying that you think they're going to be good on the internet automatically makes them play better

Heh. i just think that writing people off before you have actually seen a lot of them play is a little unfair. <_<

I was hoping cooper, but he is going to miss a lot of spring ball and summer conditioning.

I am going to come out and say it... Antonio Bell. he is in for spring ball.

I like Bell and think he has real potential. But we have Cooper, Osborne, and Marlowe joining the mix. Plus the only wr in this class is a JUCO-transfer in Kinnie, I believe he still has a RS available but could play this year. I think we need to shirt Bell.

Hard to say who could really step-up. Holt should definitely have a solid year but I don't know if he blows-up.

I don't know what to think of Paul, wish BC hadn't screwed the guy out of a redshirt. I don't think he's the uberstud his 4* status led us to think but he could be another Swift-type, which is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm hoping Coopper can break-out and it pushes him to focus on football. He'll be hard-pressed to be his best at either sport when trying to do both.

Holt. He was very consistent last year for us, and that is the type of receiver our offense tailors to. Nate Swift and Todd Peterson were great last year, but rarely flashy. Holt will step into Swift's position well and not miss a beat.

My question is: When will start taking more shots down the field? Is that due to strategic playcalling, or a reflection of personel?

I sure hope it's Khiry Cooper.

It sure isn't C.Brooks.He's had his chances and it just hasn't workrd out.

Btw,NU really needs to start recruiting big-time WR's now.

The WR's we have don't seem to be impact players.

Look at OU as the kind of wideouts we need to be dangerous on O.

Need to wait and see what Marlow, Osborne, and Bell can do. I think McKinnie will be a good one also. I agree that WR will be a priority next year for the staff to recruit though, that and DL.

I wish i had the answer. However i am more on par with lilred. I dont know that we will see a breakout year for any of our WR's main reason being the man getting them the ball. We are breaking in a new QB, even if our WR's run perfect routes it doesnt mean our QB will be making the proper reads to get them the ball. I hope I am wrong, but i think we are going to have to lean on the hogmolies up front and a stable of RB's.

I wish i had the answer. However i am more on par with lilred. I dont know that we will see a breakout year for any of our WR's main reason being the man getting them the ball. We are breaking in a new QB, even if our WR's run perfect routes it doesnt mean our QB will be making the proper reads to get them the ball. I hope I am wrong, but i think we are going to have to lean on the hogmolies up front and a stable of RB's.

I agree with above :yeah We don't even know how effective our QB will be.

But the QB, no matter who it is, should be able to throw the short and intermediate (I hope). If the QB can do that, I think our TE's will have be big. McNeill would break out. If someone can step up and throw downfield like Ganz did, then I'm looking at Paul for his downfield, big play potential. I'm thinking Holt will step up as a possession receiver and be big in the red zone.

it all depends on QB play. Or like above...we won't have to pass because the big red ground machine chews up everything in it's path!! :woo