Enough is enough

bbhusker

judging by their offensive linemen that they return, i think our lines will be better on both sides of the ball.

by the time this game comes around i think it will be a 50-50 chance we win.

games are won in the trenches.........

Really? I heard they lose 3-4 starters from the O-Line. Either way, they don't rebuild, they reload. But I still think we will get pressure on Bradford.

as in the offensive linemen that will be returning......as in they were 2nd-3rd string last season and now they start. they are returning offensive linemen.

i guess i am confused by what you are saying?

Oops, I read your post wrong. I thought you said they would be better, because of who they have back. Sorry, my bad.

i guess i can kind of see where you are coming from, i mean all through the 90s we respected them, always considered them a quality opponent even though they mostly were down. I mean i doubt we had any fans holding up a "what rivalry?" sign during one of the games where we blew them out.

i guess i can kind of see where you are coming from, i mean all through the 90s we respected them, always considered them a quality opponent even though they mostly were down. I mean i doubt we had any fans holding up a "what rivalry?" sign during one of the games where we blew them out.

Exactly what I was getting at, thank you. I still think that the game in Norman this season was closer than the score indicated. Take away the first 5-10 minutes of the game and we hung with them. I know I know, they let up blah, blah, blah. The play calling may have changed a little but you don't tell your players to let up or not give 100% no matter what the score is. With the way our confindence was still a little shaky during that part of the season compared to what it was at the end of the season, I think that when we play them again we will not be intimidated in the least (unlike last years game). We have a legitimate shot at being undefeated going into the OU game next season and expect us to perform much better, especially on D.

It is interesting to me as a VT fan that you all would get upset over what an OU fan says. You are a program on the rise and why would you not expect to have a chance to beat any team in your conference? Maybe being in the ACC where everyone can beat everyone has made me overly optimistic, but I see no reason why NU couldn't take home the conference title next year. OU and UT will probably both be strong in 2009, but if you make it to the Big 12 championship why would you not have a chance to beat either of them? With the traditions you have and the types of recruits Bo is bringing in I would expect to see NU to be in contention really soon for both the Big 12 and even bigger titles! If there is anything to learn from big blow-outs (like the OU-NU 2008 game) it is that one should be careful getting too confident. The key for most Big 12 teams will be to shut down OU's offense, and I am sure boosting the defense is a priority for Bo and staff this offseason. Having the opponent score 50/60+ each game makes it very hard to win, so if you can keep OU from scoring like that the games should be a lot closer. Can't wait for our game in Blacksburg in September.

Welcome, Hokieluv. Give us a report on the developments in Hokieland. Just as well get a conversation going into next season. :)

Think about this..almost half a decade of football in Nebraska has landed us embarrassing losses and teams that could never amount to anything. Sure..we had some good seasons since 2001..but all we did was consistently prove to everybody that we couldn't play with the big dogs. Pelini and future teams have a chance to prove that we've changed, but until we prove something on the FIELD we are fair game for anybody who wants to say we are "going to get dominated".

We need to put up or shut up.

I went into a local hardware store yesterday and always end up talking football with a guy that works there, an OU fan. He started off by saying that he just confirmed his tickets to the NU-OU game next season. He said, "Probably won't be a good game but o well." I said, "What?" Then he went on to say that our D sucked but was getting better but OU has "this" many starters returning on O and that we lost basically all our playmakers on O so it probably won't be a good game. I mentioned our running backs returning and he said they shut us down last year except for one long run.

I said it takes more than one long run for Helu to rush for 150+ and told him not to guarentee anything until we see the teams at least play next season. He went off on some rant about how we don't have any WRs and are breaking in a new QB. I just said that OU had better strap it up when they came to Lincoln and then I left.

I'm so sick and tired of all the disrepect. Not that other fans don't have a reason not to believe in our team but next season can't get here soon enough. Along with other Husker fans, I can see what's happening in Lincoln and personally can't wait to start landing some haymakers of our own and get back into the mix of college football's heavyweights.

This just bothered me and I needed to vent a little. What do you all think?

If you look it up,NU's defence, that"sucked",finished 2nd in the Big 12.Oh yeah,that same defence finished ahead of OU. :box

I went into a local hardware store yesterday and always end up talking football with a guy that works there, an OU fan. He started off by saying that he just confirmed his tickets to the NU-OU game next season. He said, "Probably won't be a good game but o well."

Next time tell the guy, “Yeah, we haven’t done too well against the sooners lately. Too bad we don’t play them in a bowl game. Anyone can beat the sooners in a bowl game.”