Patrick Witt

I imagine it was for personal reasons (but that is the nice guy in me, thinking that everyone has a good reason for what they do).

But all of this crap of him not being mobile is not all true, he has good enough speed, sure he probably is the slowest of the four but I bet he was as fast as Ganz (from wheat I have seen and heard from "experts")

And I have a hard time believing he didnt get the offense. From what I remember he had like a 4.2 GPA in high school, now I know that doesnt mean he will automatically get the offense but it sure help, but a lot of you think it is true so I will not dismiss it

the offense isn't what he wants and since he isn't a mobile QB he is kind of the odd man out with the likes of Lee and Green in the mix. Coach Watson has made it clear that he wants a mobile QB to run this offense and has made it a point to those who bring him recruiting film that he will never recruit a pocket passer (without running ability) ever again.

'cept they still are offering pro-style QBs. I think they want to keep their options open. :dunno

Well now they have the scholly you guys kept wanting to give to Henery. :sarcasm

One mentality I go by, is if a guy doesn't want to be with NU, then he wouldn't have been good for our program anyways, so it's no big loss in my eyes. Let him go somewhere/do something else that he wants to because we need guys who want to be a Husker through and through.

Coming in, Witt was highly touted for his exceptional intelligence. He was a mid-year transfer-in like Cody Green. Supposedly picked up the playbook faster than most. Held the #2 spot behind Ganz supposedly for the same reason.

The guy is/was a Husker, so he's alright by me until proven a bad guy. But one funny thing I have to bring up is about a year ago when he was caught by the police after running from a girl's dorm. Remember when we questioned his speed and evasiveness abilities based on that performance?

Well, it's very unfortunate that this happened and I wish Patrick the best in the near future. It definately makes you wonder what happened, but I had a hard time believing he was going to be the starter next season anyways. I just don't think him or Lee have showed us much, but that's also due to their lack of seeing the field. :dunno

I hope the reasons for this have more to do with something as simple as changing the offensive system and less to do with personal things. These stories about giving out wrong signals are disheartening, and I hope they're BS.

We'll never know. But I applaud Patrick and his family for being adult about it, something that doesn't always happen with transfers.

I disagree. Witt by all accounts was a very good fit for this system. Not only that, I don't think it's bad that it was due to personal reasons because everyone has them and they don't indict the staff or program at all, whereas "I am no longer a fit because I am a pro-style QB" does.

I think there may be a chance too that something bad went down. If Witt is staying to the end of the semester, something must have forced the issue.

Interesting about the hand signals thing.....

It is very sad to see him go. This leaves us definitely in a much less stable spot at quarterback. Let's hope Lee is made of steel.