DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I have lived in the LA area for most of my life and I don't know of a Nigerian community. I have heard mentioned by people on this board that UCLA is a lean for Owa due to this community. I was just trying to point out that I don't buy into the Nigerian connection as getting Owa. The post from 12/12 is the only Nigerian connection I have found about Owa, so I thought it was relevent.

WIKI says otherwise :) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_American

7th largest community in the US. I can bet you Lincoln, Nebraska and Portland, Oregon are at the bottom of this list.

7. California: Los Angeles (city and county),Fresno, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Sacramento and Solano counties; and the San Francisco Bay Area: Alameda and Contra Costa counties.

As someone who lived in LA for a number of years, I agree with schuhbdoo's post about never having heard of LA's Nigerian community. But I'm also not surprised to see that LA ranks as the 7th largest Nigerian community in the country just because there's a lot of every nationality in LA. In fact, I'm surprised LA isn't higher on that list considering it's the second largest city in the country. But as a UCLA guy (second to being a Husker of course), I'm glad UCLA has that kind of pull of Owa's mom if Nebraska doesn't land him.

No need to thank me for the change on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_American

1. Lincoln, Nebraska: Though the Nigerian community was only established by King Ndamukong in 2005, it has since flourished into the largest, tightest knit Nigerian-American Community in the world.

Nor on this, under metropolitan area

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln,_Nebraska

[edit] Metropolitan area

The Lincoln metropolitan area consists of Lancaster County and Seward County, which was added to the metropolitan area in 2003. Lincoln has very little development outside its city limits and has no contiguous suburbs (the largest town that can be considered a suburb of Lincoln is Waverly, Nebraska.) This is due primarily to the fact that most land that would otherwise be developed as a suburban town has already been annexed by the city of Lincoln itself. Lincoln also sports an extravagant Nigerian-American community established in 2005, by King Ndamukong

For a minute I thought that they were talking about our Ndamukong Suh :lol:

No need to thank me for the change on this http://en.wikipedia....gerian_American

1. Lincoln, Nebraska: Though the Nigerian community was only established by King Ndamukong in 2005, it has since flourished into the largest, tightest knit Nigerian-American Community in the world.

Nor on this, under metropolitan area

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln,_Nebraska

[edit] Metropolitan area

The Lincoln metropolitan area consists of Lancaster County and Seward County, which was added to the metropolitan area in 2003. Lincoln has very little development outside its city limits and has no contiguous suburbs (the largest town that can be considered a suburb of Lincoln is Waverly, Nebraska.) This is due primarily to the fact that most land that would otherwise be developed as a suburban town has already been annexed by the city of Lincoln itself. Lincoln also sports an extravagant Nigerian-American community established in 2005, by King Ndamukong

For a minute I thought that they were talking about our Ndamukong Suh :lol:

He was. But Ndamukong isn't Nigerian. :facepalm:

What he did was edited the entry himself. In other words, it's fake.

Suh talking to him might be our best shot to getting him.

Except that would be a recruiting violation. I'd prefer to steer clear of any of those.

I dont think it is, because Suh has talked to him from what has been said on here. I think it can be when coaches talk to him, not really sure.

Suh talked to him when he came here on an official visit and was part of the Nebraska football program. Now hes an alumni and cannot talk to potential recruits. As a former player Suh is considered a "representative of athletic interests" and is prohibited from promoting the University to recruits.

Suh talking to him might be our best shot to getting him.

Except that would be a recruiting violation. I'd prefer to steer clear of any of those.

I dont think it is, because Suh has talked to him from what has been said on here. I think it can be when coaches talk to him, not really sure.

Suh talked to him when he came here on an official visit and was part of the Nebraska football program. Now hes an alumni and cannot talk to potential recruits. As a former player Suh is considered a "representative of athletic interests" and is prohibited from promoting the University to recruits.

prior relationship