DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

this is the point in the recruitment process that mom needs to just tell him "follow your heart, i'll support you"... this is a tough enough decision even without trying to make your family happy. i know he wants to make her happy/stay close to her, but at some point you have to do whats right for you, esp. when it revolves around your future.

I totally agree

you dont want to knock mom too hard... she has her reasons but i agree that she should let her son follow his heart... it sounds selfish in a way to say that because it might favor coming to us... but if it his desire to come here i think his mom should support him

i think since she is from africa or what not communtiy is very important to her... but is having as super tight nigerian community that important to Owa???

i guess what i am thinking is mom might be coming from one place while owa is coming from another where a lot of these things are important but not as important to him as there are to his mom.... after all he was born in the US...... sooooooo

FWIW an Admin over on RSS said that Owa's mom has changed her tune recently and that she wants Owa to go where his is comfortable. I really hope that statement is true.

:yeah

I heard the exact same.

maybe she is reading huskerboard now.....

while being a single mom is tough i think as a parent you have to let your kids spread their wings regardless of if they are a football stud or not.... as for me my mom really really wanted me to stay in hawaii to go to school..... but i really wanted to go away to college on the mainland and see what was out there... .eventually she realized it wasnt really her choice and she wanted to do what was best for me.......

if Owa wants to go wherever..... then i'm glad she is opening up to supporting owa more... i know she has her reaons but i'm glad she is realizing that her guy is growing up and seeking to better himself and thus in turn int he long run their family (with fat NFL pay check)

As a point of emphasis, Bo should share Suh's story with Owa's mother. Tell her where he was at in his development as a player 2 years ago under the Callahan system versus where he is at today with 2 years under the Pelini system.

In the end, Suh accomplished 2 goals. A degree and a projected $40 million dollar payday via the NFL.

Case closed.

Owa's mother will say "Where do I sign?"