DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Owa officially eliminated USC...so its down to 4...also had this to say ......"Nebraska got back in it with me and a lot Nebraska got back in it with me and a lot," Odighizuwa said. "I like Nebraska's defensive coaches and I feel like they can make me and coach me to be a great football player.

Will also announce on NSD

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

Owa officially eliminated USC...so its down to 4...also had this to say ......"Nebraska got back in it with me and a lot," Odighizuwa said. "I like Nebraska's defensive coaches and I feel like they can make me and coach me to be a great football player.

Yeah just heard this on USC today, great great news! Between him and Cooper though, they are giving me heartburn.

Owa officially eliminated USC...so its down to 4...also had this to say ......"Nebraska got back in it with me and a lot," Odighizuwa said. "I like Nebraska's defensive coaches and I feel like they can make me and coach me to be a great football player.

Wonder why he added what he said about Nebraska. Did the interviewer ask specifically about Nebraska and the other schools? Just trying to figure out why we stood out enough for him to say something about us and nothing about the other schools.

Probably just quoted the Neb stuff and left out the rest.

I guess USC is out of the picture.

I wouldn't count SC out at all. Lane Kiffin is bringing Monte Kiffin and Ed Orgeron with him. Ed Orgeron is probably the best recruiter in the country and Monte's defensive reputation speaks for itself. You can bet that they're going to go after him pretty hard.

I would count USC out. He said that Carroll promised him he'd be there for the duration of his time in college, and that if he wasn't, he'd be considered a liar. And that the school would be dropped from his list.

Great call, USC is out!!!

Wonder why he added what he said about Nebraska. Did the interviewer ask specifically about Nebraska and the other schools? Just trying to figure out why we stood out enough for him to say something about us and nothing about the other schools.

I just didn't add the stuff about the other schools

I just didn't add the stuff about the other schools

Word. That's what I figured...got really excited though :)

OMG THIS GUY IS A 5 STAR RECRUIT. HE WILL BE AS GOOD AS SUH. MARLON LUCKY WAS A 5 STAR RECRUIT AND HE DOMINATED. OUR DEFENSE IS SO BAD, BUT IF HE COMES TO NEBRASKA IT WILL MAKE US THE NUMBER 1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE NATION. OUR OFFENSE IS SO GOOD THAT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD EVEN RECRUIT A QUARTERBACK FOR THIS RECRUITING CLASS. OH WAIT... LETS RECRUIT GABBERTS D BAG LITTLE BROTHER THAT HAS HALF THE TALENT BLAINE HAS.

What i'm saying is our defense is fine, but what we really need are quarterbacks and receivers. And until we find some quality offensive players it makes no difference if we get this hyped up d end that we have about a 1 in 10 chance of getting.

^ This is the typical newcomer. You dont recruit to fix immediate needs. Why dont you look at the roster and tell us why we are recruiting the guys that we are. Everybody on this board knows what is going on and wont make uneducated posts like these.

OMG THIS GUY IS A 5 STAR RECRUIT. HE WILL BE AS GOOD AS SUH. MARLON LUCKY WAS A 5 STAR RECRUIT AND HE DOMINATED. OUR DEFENSE IS SO BAD, BUT IF HE COMES TO NEBRASKA IT WILL MAKE US THE NUMBER 1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE NATION. OUR OFFENSE IS SO GOOD THAT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD EVEN RECRUIT A QUARTERBACK FOR THIS RECRUITING CLASS. OH WAIT... LETS RECRUIT GABBERTS D BAG LITTLE BROTHER THAT HAS HALF THE TALENT BLAINE HAS.

What i'm saying is our defense is fine, but what we really need are quarterbacks and receivers. And until we find some quality offensive players it makes no difference if we get this hyped up d end that we have about a 1 in 10 chance of getting.

^ This is the typical newcomer. You dont recruit to fix immediate needs. Why dont you look at the roster and tell us why we are recruiting the guys that we are. Everybody on this board knows what is going on and wont make uneducated posts like these.

Why would Rivals write, makes change to final four when it has been 5 schools for a while?

The four left are OSU, OU, UCLA and NU. Anyone with the complete article? Please post it.

Thxs.

January 13, 2010

Odighizuwa makes change in final four

Rick Kimbrel

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Five-star defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa (6-3, 234) from Portland (Ore.) David Douglas made quite a stir while living up to his reputation as one of the nation's top players with his participation in the U.S. Army All-American game and its practices.

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

Why would Rivals write, makes change to final four when it has been 5 schools for a while?

The four left are OSU, OU, UCLA and NU. Anyone with the complete article? Please post it.

Thxs.

January 13, 2010

Odighizuwa makes change in final four

Rick Kimbrel

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Five-star defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa (6-3, 234) from Portland (Ore.) David Douglas made quite a stir while living up to his reputation as one of the nation's top players with his participation in the U.S. Army All-American game and its practices.

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

USC was a part of the final 4 is my guess, that article says he is officially dropping them, new coach or not.

I found it encouraging that crabtree also said that based off Owa's comments at the AA game that NU is in a very good position for him. He said if it was just football and I had to decide at this moment I'd go to NU. I think once Bo gets in front of his mom and explains to her what he needs to explain that we could very well land him. He also said that he feels we will land Carnes as well to possibly close out the class but the magic number is 21 for us.

I found it encouraging that crabtree also said that based off Owa's comments at the AA game that NU is in a very good position for him. He said if it was just football and I had to decide at this moment I'd go to NU. I think once Bo gets in front of his mom and explains to her what he needs to explain that we could very well land him. He also said that he feels we will land Carnes as well to possibly close out the class but the magic number is 21 for us.

I was amazed that he had a lot of the same info that we/huskerboard have been on for about two weeks.

It is amazing how the last two to three weeks turn into a chess game for these kids as offers are held to finish classes and backup plans are put in place. Plan B in case Plan A goes in a different direction.

There was a good article about how this plays out every year.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1039141

This is interesting and you can see how we/NU has some plan B recruits out there.