DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

while being a single mom is tough i think as a parent you have to let your kids spread their wings regardless of if they are a football stud or not.... as for me my mom really really wanted me to stay in hawaii to go to school..... but i really wanted to go away to college on the mainland and see what was out there... .eventually she realized it wasnt really her choice and she wanted to do what was best for me.......

The only thing is, Owa's situation is not common. It isn't just a case of a single parent home where the mother and father separated just because. Their whole situation is unique and the bond they have developed because of it is truly special.

I can honestly understand if Owa's mother wants to keep her son close to home. I really would.

As a point of emphasis, Bo should share Suh's story with Owa's mother. Tell her where he was at in his development as a player 2 years ago under the Callahan system versus where he is at today with 2 years under the Pelini system.

In the end, Suh accomplished 2 goals. A degree and a projected $40 million dollar payday via the NFL.

Case closed.

Owa's mother will say "Where do I sign?"

Mario Williams got 54 million for 6 years back in 2006. I think SUH will get 60 plus in my opinion. I know the economy is the same as back then but he is a much better prospect than Williams. 60 million for 5 to 6 years.

That is my guess.

As a point of emphasis, Bo should share Suh's story with Owa's mother. Tell her where he was at in his development as a player 2 years ago under the Callahan system versus where he is at today with 2 years under the Pelini system.

In the end, Suh accomplished 2 goals. A degree and a projected $40 million dollar payday via the NFL.

Case closed.

Owa's mother will say "Where do I sign?"

Mario Williams got 54 million for 6 years back in 2006. I think SUH will get 60 plus in my opinion. I know the economy is the same as back then but he is a much better prospect than Williams. 60 million for 5 to 6 years.

That is my guess.

I'm aware of that. Mel Kiper suggested 40-60 million. I just used the minimum payout in my example. All Owa's mom's gotta know is Suh will be making NO LESS than 40 million.

If it will help, I will check " Nigerian" on my next application or driver's license. Believe me, there will be a ton of people wanting to be members of the "Nigerians for Nebraska' club. C'mon Owa, be a Husker. :koolaid2:

I live 25 miles from UCLA and I have never heard of this community. I just know that when you compare Bo to Rick, NU is a much better fit for OWA!!!

In the other Owa thread (merge/lock?),miamihrrcns2001, the same guy who stirred up some controversy for prediciting the starter at QB during the season (he had inside sources that told him when Green would start) has stated that he is hearing from sources that Owa is a silent commit and just wants the in home to assure himself he made the right choice. FWIW- this would be a radically different story than we have been hearing, but I'm not about to complain about good news, even if only rumors. GBR!!

In the other Owa thread (merge/lock?),miamihrrcns2001, the same guy who stirred up some controversy for prediciting the starter at QB during the season (he had inside sources that told him when Green would start) has stated that he is hearing from sources that Owa is a silent commit and just wants the in home to assure himself he made the right choice. FWIW- this would be a radically different story than we have been hearing, but I'm not about to complain about good news, even if only rumors. GBR!!

Is this the Nigerian neighborhood connection???

Taken from the Oregon board. Olaniyan from MD did visit on the same day as Owa and committed 10 days later. Uko never visited UCLA and has since committed to USC. If Owa's mom wants to have her son go to UCLA based on another recruit from MD being Nigerian decent, then we may lose out.(doubt it)

I think Owa is handling his decision/recruitment in a different manner than Olaniyan. They are both making their own decisions, and I doubt that he is a UCLA lean due to Olaniyan committing when they visited on the same weekend(11/6/09).

Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends.

Posted on 12/12 10:55 AM | IP: Logged

This needs to be merged with the other Owa thread.

Taken from the Oregon board. Olaniyan from MD did visit on the same day as Owa and committed 10 days later. Uko never visited UCLA and has since committed to USC. If Owa's mom wants to have her son go to UCLA based on another recruit from MD being Nigerian decent, then we may lose out.(doubt it)

I think Owa is handling his decision/recruitment in a different manner than Olaniyan. They are both making their own decisions, and I doubt that he is a UCLA lean due to Olaniyan committing when they visited on the same weekend(11/6/09).

Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends.

This is the quote from the Oregon board from 12/12. Sorry I tried to bold this out when I reposted this.

"Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends".

i dont really think so and havent really heard ao much about UCLA.....

i think from putting 2 and 2 together he is more likely to come here vs. UCLA.......

This is the quote from the Oregon board from 12/12. Sorry I tried to bold this out when I reposted this.

"Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends".

Wait... what are you trying to say here? Personally, the fact that its from 12/12 makes it worthless to me. Owa dropped us, and added us back onto his list in that time period. Most people felt that we have a better shot after he added us back on as opposed to before hand. Maybe you're trying to say that its irrelevant b/c of the date, but idk.. couldnt figure it out.