DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

The facebook profile pic is a joke, who cares if he's wearing an oregon hat. People wear other school's stuff all the time.. In case you haven't noticed, he is in high school, in oregon...

Exactly. Plus, these recruits get so much free gear from the schools recruiting them it's ridiculous. Just because he wears some of the free gear he gets doesn't mean he's leaning there. That being said, I can understand why people are reading things into that profile pic considering we are all trying to figure out which way Owa's leaning. I just doubt there's much significance to him wearing an OU cap.

Ok, who here wants to say that Rick use to keep them in a port-a-potty for faking a groin injury??

lets clean out all the pac 10 teams.

Somebody fax Rick Neuhesiel a NCAA March Madness Bracket, he may run with it. You never know.

LOL- you beat me. THat is exactly what I was thinking.

If he intentionally made his profile pic him wearing Nebraska apparel, I bet people would be excited, no? I mean, we are talking about a picture that he chose to represent himself with... not just a random sighting someone had of him with an Oregon hat. Not saying he is going to Oregon but it isn't necessarily insignificant.

Also people saying Facebook is going too far, please. This is completely public information . These recruiting services are 10000 times more intrusive than someone looking at his Facebook profile.

The facebook profile pic is a joke, who cares if he's wearing an oregon hat. People wear other school's stuff all the time.. In case you haven't noticed, he is in high school, in oregon...

Exactly. Plus, these recruits get so much free gear from the schools recruiting them it's ridiculous. Just because he wears some of the free gear he gets doesn't mean he's leaning there. That being said, I can understand why people are reading things into that profile pic considering we are all trying to figure out which way Owa's leaning. I just doubt there's much significance to him wearing an OU cap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought giving recruits free stuff was illegal under NCAA recruiting rules.

If he intentionally made his profile pic him wearing Nebraska apparel, I bet people would be excited, no? I mean, we are talking about a picture that he chose to represent himself with... not just a random sighting someone had of him with an Oregon hat. Not saying he is going to Oregon but it isn't necessarily insignificant.

Also people saying Facebook is going too far, please. This is completely public information . These recruiting services are 10000 times more intrusive than someone looking at his Facebook profile.

Some may, just like you are making a big deal, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Kinda like someone's (i dont remember who) has a picture in husker gear on rivals, but doesn't mean they are N...

Some may, just like you are making a big deal, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Kinda like someone's (i dont remember who) has a picture in husker gear on rivals, but doesn't mean they are N...

You missed the point of my argument. No one chooses their own pic on rivals. They do choose their own (profile) pic on Facebook. Again, I'm not necessarily saying it's a big deal, but it could be significant. Or it could not.

For those confident we have a good chance at him... I hope you're right. I'm still sticking with my 1% odds because I have seen this same thing happen so many times in the past decade. But if I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my crow.

You missed the point of my argument. No one chooses their own pic on rivals. They do choose their own (profile) pic on Facebook. Again, I'm not necessarily saying it's a big deal, but it could be significant. Or it could not.

For those confident we have a good chance at him... I hope you're right. I'm still sticking with my 1% odds because I have seen this same thing happen so many times in the past decade. But if I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my crow.

Your sticking on 1% because of what has happened in the past, with different coaching staffs and different perceptions of nebraska, where it's headed, and the defense. We're sticking with much higher because of what has transpired with this recruit.

And as far as the picture, you're right on that. But maybe it's just cuz the girl in it?

FWIW, an HI member attended the AAA Dinner Banquet and talked to Owa for awhile. He said he got the impression that UCLA is in the lead followed by OSU while NU is a distant 3rd. He said those were really the only schools he mentioned in their conversation.

OMG THIS GUY IS A 5 STAR RECRUIT. HE WILL BE AS GOOD AS SUH. MARLON LUCKY WAS A 5 STAR RECRUIT AND HE DOMINATED. OUR DEFENSE IS SO BAD, BUT IF HE COMES TO NEBRASKA IT WILL MAKE US THE NUMBER 1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE NATION. OUR OFFENSE IS SO GOOD THAT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD EVEN RECRUIT A QUARTERBACK FOR THIS RECRUITING CLASS. OH WAIT... LETS RECRUIT GABBERTS D BAG LITTLE BROTHER THAT HAS HALF THE TALENT BLAINE HAS.

What i'm saying is our defense is fine, but what we really need are quarterbacks and receivers. And until we find some quality offensive players it makes no difference if we get this hyped up d end that we have about a 1 in 10 chance of getting.