DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I doubt Carnes is chilling with Bo right now.

See Rumorville UO QB may be in serious trouble.

I wonder with the two separate reports coming from Eugene if this will help steer Owa our way?

One is where the punter was beat up trying to break up a fight and he almost died.

Secondly, a theft report that involves Masoli, but looks like the people involved are trying to keep his name out of it to protect him. (IMO)

Hopefully the truth will come out and show that UO is the not a great place for Owa.

He can go to NU and not have this kind of drama.

If Masoli was involved there is no other option, he would surely be dismissed.

Let's see how this plays out.

Maybe not, they did let Blount back on the field after all.............

• Fire 1

I've been through this recruiting hype so many times where it all comes down to Nebraska vs whoever right down to the last minute too only be let down. If Owa picks the Ducks or Bruins so be it. Both Texas and the Sooners signed over 20 of the same caliber players. How many stars did Crick have? How about Dennard? Crick was better as a sophmore than Suh was at the same stage. Dennard is now being called a lock down corner. I've had my fill of 5 star hyped can't miss players that don't pan out. Who was the last that helped out the Huskers anyway? Was Suh a 5 star? I don't recall. Baker was but Crick beat him out. I guess I would rather have a 3 star kid that is N from the beginning than a 5 star waiting to the last minute. It sounds like he's making too big a deal out of it. In simpler terms, why is it a bigger decision for a 5 star recruit than a 3 star recruit? Both want educations, both have parents and hs coaches. Both have dreams of going to the next level. If he declares to the Ducks are you all jumping on their bandwagon? As of now we already have better players at his position anyways and they WANT to be Huskers!

• Fire 2

Suh was a 4 star, but you made some good points. Athletic ability is necessary, but heart and tenacity are just as important. I think the reason we are so high on Owa is that we think he exhibits all of those traits we like to see. Being from OR and not getting into football until recently, i don't think we can fault him for not being a rabit husker fan. If we don't get him, I will def be disappointed. I really think he could come in here and make a difference sooner, rather than later. This is a tough decision for a young man to make, especially when it comes down to potentially leaving his family and friends behind. I think Nebraska could do the best for him, but it's his life, not mine. Where ever he goes, I'll be rooting for him to succeed.

• Fire 1

for my first post i will say that if eric martin and owa are 'friends' and text each other, they should tell everyone, that way we can rest easy.. anyway, been following this craziness for over a week on about 5 boards and this one seems to get the most information the quickest. also, my gut says owa will let us know wednesday-thursdayish

for my first post i will say that if eric martin and owa are 'friends' and text each other, they should tell everyone, that way we can rest easy.. anyway, been following this craziness for over a week on about 5 boards and this one seems to get the most information the quickest. also, my gut says owa will let us know wednesday-thursdayish

You ain't kidding. This board gets stuff quicker than boards you have to pay for.

In fact, about once a week I see some of the sites you have to pay for quoting Huskerboard as their source! You picked a good one to join, irule!

Here's to Huskerboard! :cheers

• Fire 1

“I think he's getting to the point where he's starting to prioritize some things,” Wood said Friday. “He and his mother, myself and my defensive line coach are going to sit down. We're going to create a worksheet with different categories to consider, how we might approach each school and rank them in each category.

“But it's still going to come down to the gut feeling of an 18-year-old kid.”

Like I said..... Why is it a bigger decision for a 5 star versus a 3 star rated player? I sure wouldn't make a good recruiter! But then again I wouldn't be babysitting a waffler. Do I really want a kid that can't make a decision after a year of recruiting? Does he enjoy the attention so much that he has to wait until the last minute? Think about it! I guess that's how the recruiting game is played but how Nebraska fares down the road is how well the 3 or 4 star and walkon's develop more so than how many 5 star players show up. At the moment Owa couldn't carry someone like O'Hanlon's jock strap even if he is N. But like I said. I'd make a poor recruiter!

Like I said..... Why is it a bigger decision for a 5 star versus a 3 star rated player? I sure wouldn't make a good recruiter! But then again I wouldn't be babysitting a waffler. Do I really want a kid that can't make a decision after a year of recruiting? Does he enjoy the attention so much that he has to wait until the last minute? Think about it! I guess that's how the recruiting game is played but how Nebraska fares down the road is how well the 3 or 4 star and walkon's develop more so than how many 5 star players show up. At the moment Owa couldn't carry someone like O'Hanlon's jock strap even if he is N. But like I said. I'd make a poor recruiter!

I ask this with all do respect; but have you actually followed this kid's recruitment?

If you have read anything about this kid, he is not much for attention. He likes a low profile and he wants to make this decision based on other factors not concerning any selfish ambition. He has a mother and siblings to think about. He's a class act, he's "waffling" so he can make the best decision for himself and his family.

... and 3 and 4 stars necessarily need some development before they start contributing. A five-star guy like Owa has the toolset to come in and make contributions and plays. A team goes after five stars not for the status but for supreme talent these kids possess.

• Fire 3

If you have read anything about this kid, he is not much for attention. He likes a low profile and he wants to make this decision based on other factors not concerning any selfish ambition. He has a mother and siblings to think about. He's a class act, he's "waffling" so he can make the best decision for himself and his family.

... and 3 and 4 stars necessarily need some development before they start contributing. A five-star guy like Owa has the toolset to come in and make contributions and plays. A team goes after five stars not for the status but for supreme talent these kids possess.

Well said.

Also I dont believe a kid who hasnt had a decommittment and hasnt committed to a program can be "waffling" either. Waffling is a term used to describe a kid that has committed and is having 2nd thoughts.

Well said.

Also I dont believe a kid who hasnt had a decommittment and hasnt committed to a program can be "waffling" either. Waffling is a term used to describe a kid that has committed and is having 2nd thoughts.

Owa is not a gabbertized recruit. You're right EZ, a waffling recruit is a torn commit.

Well said.

Right. And let's not forget the fact that only great players like Owa have earned the ability to take this extra time to examine every school (through the coarse of their season, bowls, coaching changes, etc.) and come to a decision that is more informed than other players. Of course some players of his caliber stretch their recruitment out just to do the hat dance on TV, but it doesn't seem like Owa is that kind of player (not that it's wrong for top high school recruits to want their hat moment). A three-star player usually has to decide early enough where his scholarship won't be taken by another player. But five-star players like Owa get to take that extra time. That's no fun for us fans, but it's smart for the player and his family. I don't think that necessarily reflects negatively on his character. I'm sure plenty of 1/2/3/4-star players would do the same thing, but not always with the same good intentions.