DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Some of the people on Huskerpedia are having a meltdown because he's announcing on ESPN.

:facepalm: thats so dumb

ESPN wouldn't pay for that would they?

Yes, they are going to have coffee and donuts and maybe catered lunch for all in attendance. Then they will make $$$ off the coverage. This is about $$$.

ESPNU does have much if everyone knows where everyone is going to go.

And we care why? Just because he's taking the opportunity to publicize his decision on national TV doesn't mean he's a prima donna. I have a sneaky suspicion Bo doesn't recruit prima donnas. Owa has had an amazing high school career and has earned this notoriety, so let the kid have his day in the sun that will put a nice bow on his high school career. Plus, there are two good things about this for NU fans. One, we get to watch his decision live on TV. Two, it will be great publicity for NU if he chooses the Huskers. It can't hurt getting more guys to grab the red hat on signing day.

My point is this, he is now being forced to announce on signing day and at a certain time, 11:30 am PST. OWA Watch 2009-2010 was over 120 people on friday night because we all felt his decision was imminent and spontaneous. It is no longer imminent and spontaneous. It is being exploited by ESPN for $$$.

His thread on this board has taken on rock-star status. 41 pages and Cooper is at 9 and Carnes is at 7 pages.

I feel he was ready to announce earlier this week and has since been forced for TV to push this back.

I don't think he is a prima donna at all. Do I think he likes this attention? YES!!! Is he being exploited a little bit?!!! Yes

Will I be watching? Ummmmmmmmmm, hell yes!!!

I have more thoughts on why I can prove he likes this, but I need to get some work done.

Then I must be missing something here. Who is forcing Owa to wait until signing day and announce on TV? ESPN? Rivals? Well what leverage do either of these entities have to force Owa or any recruit to do anything? If Owa wanted to announce his commitment right now with a simple text message, he could. ESPN is obviously trying to get him to announce on their network to make money. What's surprising or scandalous about that? They are part of a publicly traded company that answers to stock holders. Money is also the reason they are going to air one or two Nebraska football games next year as well. But they aren't forcing Owa to do anything. Unless I'm missing something in this story, this is Owa's decision.

Well, once again, the question was asked, 'what leverage do these entities have on him?' You say in the same breath that he's not being forced, yet you also say 'TV is forcing his hand'. At some point we're going to have to admit that Owa plays a part in these theatrics, which is fine, but this whole 'poor Owa, these TV bastards are taking advantage of this kid' perspective is starting to sound ridiculous

U joined this thread 6 mins ago??? You are going have some (CSI) on you real soon. You can't be serious. Your first post? You have to have a little more credibility than posting 6 mins ago.

Credibility? I saw something fairly ridiculous and felt the need to join the site and ask a follow up question. I'm a Nebraska fan. I have been watching recruiting rather intensely these past few days, as obviously a lot of Husker fans have, and I basically did not understand what point you were making. Maybe you could clarify, or maybe you can just get upset about it and call into question my 'credibility', which is an odd word for a place where half the posts start with 'rumor has it ...' or 'I heard from my friend's girlfriend's former nanny that...'.

Some of the people on Huskerpedia are having a meltdown because he's announcing on ESPN.

Yes, they are going to have coffee and donuts and maybe catered lunch for all in attendance. Then they will make $$$ off the coverage. This is about $$$.

And we care why? Just because he's taking the opportunity to publicize his decision on national TV doesn't mean he's a prima donna. I have a sneaky suspicion Bo doesn't recruit prima donnas. Owa has had an amazing high school career and has earned this notoriety, so let the kid have his day in the sun that will put a nice bow on his high school career. Plus, there are two good things about this for NU fans. One, we get to watch his decision live on TV. Two, it will be great publicity for NU if he chooses the Huskers. It can't hurt getting more guys to grab the red hat on signing day.

My point is this, he is now being forced to announce on signing day and at a certain time, 11:30 am PST. OWA Watch 2009-2010 was over 120 people on friday night because we all felt his decision was imminent and spontaneous. It is no longer imminent and spontaneous. It is being exploited by ESPN for $$$.

His thread on this board has taken on rock-star status. 41 pages and Cooper is at 9 and Carnes is at 7 pages.

I feel he was ready to announce earlier this week and has since been forced for TV to push this back.

I don't think he is a prima donna at all. Do I think he likes this attention? YES!!! Is he being exploited a little bit?!!! Yes

I have more thoughts on why I can prove he likes this, but I need to get some work done.

Then I must be missing something here. Who is forcing Owa to wait until signing day and announce on TV? ESPN? Rivals? Well what leverage do either of these entities have to force Owa or any recruit to do anything? If Owa wanted to announce his commitment right now with a simple text message, he could. ESPN is obviously trying to get him to announce on their network to make money. What's surprising or scandalous about that? They are part of a publicly traded company that answers to stock holders. Money is also the reason they are going to air one or two Nebraska football games next year as well. But they aren't forcing Owa to do anything. Unless I'm missing something in this story, this is Owa's decision.

Well, once again, the question was asked, 'what leverage do these entities have on him?' You say in the same breath that he's not being forced, yet you also say 'TV is forcing his hand'. At some point we're going to have to admit that Owa plays a part in these theatrics, which is fine, but this whole 'poor Owa, these TV bastards are taking advantage of this kid' perspective is starting to sound ridiculous

U joined this thread 6 mins ago??? You are going have some (CSI) on you real soon. You can't be serious. Your first post? You have to have a little more credibility than posting 6 mins ago.

Credibility? I saw something fairly ridiculous and felt the need to join the site and ask a follow up question. I'm a Nebraska fan. I have been watching recruiting rather intensely these past few days, as obviously a lot of Husker fans have, and I basically did not understand what point you were making. Maybe you could clarify, or maybe you can just get upset about it and call into question my 'credibility', which is an odd word for a place where half the posts start with 'rumor has it ...' or 'I heard from my friend's girlfriend's former nanny that...'.

Whoa, settle down... I am fairly new here as well, but I dont think anyone was trying to get upset with you, just merely pointing out you have to watch your tone when you are typing. No one can hear or see you so when you type something check what it may read like. People get upset and call you out. Just be careful I dont think anyone is really that upset, we are all just Big Red fans who are a little up tight and intense with our 3 recruiting targets forcing us to wait another few days. :restore

half the posts start with 'rumor has it ...' or 'I heard from my friend's girlfriend's former nanny that...'.

...not sure that is going to help with your credibility any...

Over 2000 posts on Owa and I couldn't find a single one that started with either of those statements, though I could have missed one. Perhaps you can point out the 1000+ posts for me? Thanks in advance. Welcome to the board. Even got yourself a research project already!

• Fire 4

half the posts start with 'rumor has it ...' or 'I heard from my friend's girlfriend's former nanny that...'.

Over 2000 posts on Owa and I couldn't find a single one that started with either of those statements, though I could have missed one. Perhaps you can point out the 1000+ posts for me? Thanks in advance. Welcome to the board. Even got yourself a research project already!

lol pwnt

got ya back to 0 khusker_chris. not sure why you were at -1

• Fire 1

There have been a lot of posters in here that are posing as NU fans but like to flame the fire. I apologize, this OWA/Cooper/Carnes watch has me and probably a few others on here on edge.

I was member on here for a couple years before I started posting here. Watching the team before Bo was hard at times.

There are posters on here that agree with me and some that don't. I need to learn that we all aren't going to have the same opinions.

Welcome aboard and again, sorry.

• Fire 2

Nice work people. You really beat up on that new guy! Be proud of yourselves.

Oh, and what part of having a huge recruit commit to N on national TV is bad? Nothing.

Way back around post 1400 I predicted Owa's commitment would come in post 2323. I may still have a shot. Woohoo!!

• Fire 1

Nice work people. You really beat up on that new guy! Be proud of yourselves.

Oh, and what part of having a huge recruit commit to N on national TV is bad? Nothing.

Way back around post 1400 I predicted Owa's commitment would come in post 2323. I may still have a shot. Woohoo!!

lol it was a shark attack. he got jumped in

and i was one of the ones that felt he would commit soon after the inhome. i think i guessed in the 1500's somewhere. man, i was way off lol

KChusker why would you get -1 for that... let me help you out...+1

Where in KC are you?

haha, thanks for the point. "Reputation" is about as reliable/creditable as the Rivals star rankings though so I won't cry if I lose 1 or 2.

I live/work down on the Plaza, yourself

Oh, and because this is an Owa thread and I don't want to lose any more points for going off topic I have a HUGE Owa update....

...he's really good at playin the foosball.

• Fire 2

Not to get everone all paranoid on such an arctic winter Friday...but...

Scroll down to Owa, and look at his college commitment.

http://www.parade.com/news/all-america/2010/meet-parades-all-america-high-school-football-team.html

(don't get worked up over this please - i'm sure it's a typo, but it's new Owa news so we can probably fill 5 pages of the thread w/ something new for once)

Thanks for the welcome. I accept the research project, although you have to promise to reciprocate by looking up the word 'hyperbole' as your research project. Great to be aboard and looking forward to LOI day!

• Fire 2

Thanks for the welcome. I accept the research project, although you have to promise to reciprocate by looking up the word 'hyperbole' as your research project. Great to be aboard and looking forward to LOI day!

Done: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

How's your project coming along? :)

There have been a lot of posters in here that are posing as NU fans but like to flame the fire. I apologize, this OWA/Cooper/Carnes watch has me and probably a few others on here on edge.

I was member on here for a couple years before I started posting here. Watching the team before Bo was hard at times.

There are posters on here that agree with me and some that don't. I need to learn that we all aren't going to have the same opinions.

Welcome aboard and again, sorry.

No apology necessary. I suppose everyone is a bit worked up as signing day approaches. We need some kind of venting exercise, like racquetball, or :-)