DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I got blasted here 6 pages ago or so for wondering why the kid just didn't announce. Nobody is twisting his arm to wait. 3 star rated kids have the exact same decisions to make and have parents etc and most are already committed. I still think he's liking the attention. All the kids playing the hat game in their packed high school gyms with tv cameras and all the media attention are doing it for one thing....... the attention. I hope he does pick up a red hat but I could care less for the theatrics. :hellloooo

btw, I was just chatting with a guy who claimed Owa would be our 3rd best DE in the class, behind Ashburn and Tobi. He said Owa would probably just be a 3rd down guy to give extra speed off the end. I told him he'd better not utter such "star heresy" near Rivals or Scout. After all, he's suggesting that a low-end :star :star :star (Tobi, who has a 5.5 rating, which is a borderline :star :star !) will start in front of a :star :star :star :star :star (Owa, 6.1 rating). Or to put it another way, Rivals only ranks Tobi above Tyler Evans, Jake Cotton, and Bronson Marsh in our current class, while Owa is the 8th ranked recruit in the nation! I told him he should post his analysis on HI and watch the site crash in 30 seconds. :throw

btw, I was just chatting with a guy who claimed Owa would be our 3rd best DE in the class, behind Ashburn and Tobi. He said Owa would probably just be a 3rd down guy to give extra speed off the end. I told him he'd better not utter such "star heresy" near Rivals or Scout. After all, he's suggesting that a low-end :star :star :star (Tobi, who has a 5.5 rating, which is a borderline :star :star !) will start in front of a :star :star :star :star :star (Owa, 6.1 rating). Or to put it another way, Rivals only ranks Tobi above Tyler Evans, Jake Cotton, and Bronson Marsh in our current class, while Owa is the 8th ranked recruit in the nation! I told him he should post his analysis on HI and watch the site crash in 30 seconds. :throw

I actually think that Tobi and Owa have very simular styles of play. Owa is the better player in my eyes. Tobi and him are cut from the same mold.

Well I do agree with you huskerbruin about Owa. However after watching Tobi's film he looks really really good with a ton of upside. I am very exited to see Tobi play in a couple years. Also cant wait to hear about Owa I think he is a potential program changer at DE.

Actually, I didn't give my opinion. I was just explaining what this other guy suggested. But for the record, I'm very high on Owa and Tobi.

Some of the people on Huskerpedia are having a meltdown because he's announcing on ESPN.

:facepalm: thats so dumb

ESPN wouldn't pay for that would they?

Yes, they are going to have coffee and donuts and maybe catered lunch for all in attendance. Then they will make $$$ off the coverage. This is about $$$.

ESPNU does have much if everyone knows where everyone is going to go.

And we care why? Just because he's taking the opportunity to publicize his decision on national TV doesn't mean he's a prima donna. I have a sneaky suspicion Bo doesn't recruit prima donnas. Owa has had an amazing high school career and has earned this notoriety, so let the kid have his day in the sun that will put a nice bow on his high school career. Plus, there are two good things about this for NU fans. One, we get to watch his decision live on TV. Two, it will be great publicity for NU if he chooses the Huskers. It can't hurt getting more guys to grab the red hat on signing day.

It's Huskerpedia, they'll melt down for almost anything.

• Fire 1

Some of the people on Huskerpedia are having a meltdown because he's announcing on ESPN.

:facepalm: thats so dumb

ESPN wouldn't pay for that would they?

Yes, they are going to have coffee and donuts and maybe catered lunch for all in attendance. Then they will make $$$ off the coverage. This is about $$$.

ESPNU does have much if everyone knows where everyone is going to go.

And we care why? Just because he's taking the opportunity to publicize his decision on national TV doesn't mean he's a prima donna. I have a sneaky suspicion Bo doesn't recruit prima donnas. Owa has had an amazing high school career and has earned this notoriety, so let the kid have his day in the sun that will put a nice bow on his high school career. Plus, there are two good things about this for NU fans. One, we get to watch his decision live on TV. Two, it will be great publicity for NU if he chooses the Huskers. It can't hurt getting more guys to grab the red hat on signing day.

My point is this, he is now being forced to announce on signing day and at a certain time, 11:30 am PST. OWA Watch 2009-2010 was over 120 people on friday night because we all felt his decision was imminent and spontaneous. It is no longer imminent and spontaneous. It is being exploited by ESPN for $$$.

His thread on this board has taken on rock-star status. 41 pages and Cooper is at 9 and Carnes is at 7 pages.

I feel he was ready to announce earlier this week and has since been forced for TV to push this back.

I don't think he is a prima donna at all. Do I think he likes this attention? YES!!! Is he being exploited a little bit?!!! Yes

Will I be watching? Ummmmmmmmmm, hell yes!!!

I have more thoughts on why I can prove he likes this, but I need to get some work done.

Then I must be missing something here. Who is forcing Owa to wait until signing day and announce on TV? ESPN? Rivals? Well what leverage do either of these entities have to force Owa or any recruit to do anything? If Owa wanted to announce his commitment right now with a simple text message, he could. ESPN is obviously trying to get him to announce on their network to make money. What's surprising or scandalous about that? They are part of a publicly traded company that answers to stock holders. Money is also the reason they are going to air one or two Nebraska football games next year as well. But they aren't forcing Owa to do anything. Unless I'm missing something in this story, this is Owa's decision.

Well, once again, the question was asked, 'what leverage do these entities have on him?' You say in the same breath that he's not being forced, yet you also say 'TV is forcing his hand'. At some point we're going to have to admit that Owa plays a part in these theatrics, which is fine, but this whole 'poor Owa, these TV bastards are taking advantage of this kid' perspective is starting to sound ridiculous

U joined this thread 6 mins ago??? You are going have some (CSI) on you real soon. You can't be serious. Your first post? You have to have a little more credibility than posting 6 mins ago.

• Fire 1

I dont think it has anything to do with him wanting to be hyped up. He seems like a good, solid modest kid. He most likely hasnt made a decision he feels 100% comfortable with.

My guess is he was 98% to NU then got on the horn with some coaches(UCLA & OSU) to let them know the bad news and they said some last minute things to get him to think. They mighthave said, give it a few days before you make your choice.

I think Owa ends up in Lincoln, he just wants to make sure he is making the right choice.

I am looking forward to not only getting a great player, but a solid human being here.

Who cares if he wants to wait. When I was 18 and espn wanted to air my JUCO wrestling commit I would say yes in a heartbeat. I'm sure the coaches already know espn/rivals might be keeping a lid on the news. I don't see them forcing anything.

I am not real smart but isn't that a complete contradiction? If they are keeping a lid on the news, that means they are forcing him to not announce until 11:30 am PST on Feb 3rd.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Who cares if he wants to wait. When I was 18 and espn wanted to air my JUCO wrestling commit I would say yes in a heartbeat. I'm sure the coaches already know espn/rivals might be keeping a lid on the news. I don't see them forcing anything.

I am not real smart but isn't that a complete contradiction? If they are keeping a lid on the news, that means they are forcing him to not announce until 11:30 am PST on Feb 3rd.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm sure he hasn't signed a contract to keep it quiet. He could leak it if he wanted to just to make ESPN look stupid, but he doesn't seam like that type of guy. He's got to be swept up in the moment and excited about the notoriety that the coverage will bring his high school and community.