DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I want to wish Owa a genuine "good luck" with his career. I am very impressed with how he handled everything (seriously) and if he decides that football is not for him after we beat down UCLA in a couple of years I am sure he will be able to find another satisfying career.

Here is to a long and successful collegiate/NFL career :cheers

• Fire 1

I really thought that out of the "Big Three," Owa was the safest bet to become a Husker. While it sucks that we didn't get him, we shouldn't bash the kid for what he thinks is best for him and his family. Good Luck Owa, and to HuskerBruin, no hate from me buddy. Congrats on a great player :cheers

A lot of fUCLA talk going on here. I better retire from this thread before the natives turn on me. Peace.

Come on now Bruin...we wouldn't do that to you. Just say you love the Huskers more then the Bruins and do the wild cob for us :corndance and you are golden. But seriously no hate needs to go to UCLA whatsoever. I really hope Owa is great, makes it to the NFL, and provides for his family...he deserves it IMO. If I was Owa...let me tell you it would be tough to turn down going to UCLA. They have some good lookin ladies there.

No doubt about that. My UCLA friends (and my wife, who was a UCLA athlete!) hate it when I say it, but I root for Nebraska if/when they ever play each other. GBR!

90% of the responses to the Owa thing here are very reasonable. To the other 10%, I know you're going to hate so I won't talk you out of it. At least wait until 2012 to see if this guy's even a player. This isn't NFL free agency. It's not like we just lost out on a known quantity. NU competed against the top schools for some pretty prime athletes in a recruiting year that looked very modest most of the season, and won more than their fair share of battles. Recruiting is like professional gambling. You do your homework and better your odds. They did a ton of work to target the athletes that they did, and used the momentum from our late season push to close on some guys with some great upside.

A better discussion at this point would be what 4* guys will be contributing in 3 years, and which ones will we have to rack our brains to even remember? You know there will be a couple of each. Place your bets :corndance

"Owa, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our coaches, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

Is that your quote or someone elses?

"Owa, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our coaches, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

What is that from?