LaTravis Washington at QB...

He will likely redshirt, but does anyone else think he will be a great scout team QB when it comes time for VT and Baylor?

He was a hell of a QB in HS and I think was even rated #6 for Best Scrambling QB on Rivals. Like others have said he had offers from Ohio St. and W. Virginia to play QB. I'm not sure if he will ever play, but I have thought about him being a QB after never translating well on the defensive side of the ball.

Didn't he already redshirt when he was a freshman?

He will likely redshirt, but does anyone else think he will be a great scout team QB when it comes time for VT and Baylor?

He was a hell of a QB in HS and I think was even rated #6 for Best Scrambling QB on Rivals. Like others have said he had offers from Ohio St. and W. Virginia to play QB. I'm not sure if he will ever play, but I have thought about him being a QB after never translating well on the defensive side of the ball.

Didn't he already redshirt when he was a freshman?

According to the roster no, so that leaves open the possibilities of taking one full year to develop and 2 to compete.

Maybe it's just me, but Jen a female, knowledgeable of NU football, and did I mention a female? If I weren't already married I think i'd have just found my next ex wife :clap:laughpound

Sorry Jen, just had to mention that. Back to my normal banter in the woodshed:)

You know, I have been thinking the exact same thing....except I'm not married! :cop:

Jen, if you are ever in Oklahoma... :thumbs

If I'm ever in Oklahoma then I've died and didn't make it into Heaven... :LOLtartar

All that can be said is: HAHAHAHAHA!!!

...... it's very apparent L. Washington is very chiseled and built to play LB. He has the ideal size/speed/athleticm to play LB, perplexing is all I can say.

Really? because I haven't seen that. He looks the part of an athletic LB, but I haven't witnessed myself. Maybe you have though..... from the limited time I have seen from him, he seemed stiff. His hips lacked the movement you see from good DB's, which is what LB is slowly becoming. A large DB.

From all the reports I heard, he didn't have the motor and killer instinct needed to play LB either. Some guys have the frame and are just flat out better than everyone in high school. But beyond that they can't progress much. Sometimes its a total guess how some guys will progress, and LW hasn't progressed enough to play against big 12 competition at this point.

Hopefully the QB position works out for him though. I hate to see a guy with high expectations come in and fail to contribute.

Maybe it's just me, but Jen a female, knowledgeable of NU football, and did I mention a female? If I weren't already married I think i'd have just found my next ex wife :clap:laughpound

There are no women on the internet.

so it's a transtesticle who knows football. Not so much more my type but still a first haha.

The guy has a cannon..

Read THIS!

The kid does have an extremely impressive arm. I would argue that if he could just be very accurate and command a presence on the field that he could challenge for the starting job.

The biggest thing that plays against him, more than anything else, is his knowledge of the playbook.

Washington can really, really, hum a football.

The junior turned heads with his strong – and wild – arm in NU’s opening spring practice Wednesday. In routine drills, Washington was firing bullets to receivers 10 and 15 yards away. Not all of his passes hit their intended targets – more than half, in fact, sailed into the wide green

When I read this, a scene in Bull Durham comes to mind. The one where Crash bets Nuke that he can't hit him with a baseball and taunts him into throwing the baseball at Crash as hard as he can and of course Nuke completely misses Crash and breaks the window on the door.

this can only translate into a possible opportunity for him to play or be a backup. obviously linebacker or DB doesn't look like a solid spot for him, but if he is athletic, you would think a spot on the offense other than qb would be a possibility? guess we'll see how this "experiment" works out...

It's not surprising you think that considering you've probably never seen a vagina in real life.

:box

:laughpound

It's not surprising you think that considering you've probably never seen a vagina in real life.

:box

:laughpound

:rollin

OMG...Torched him