Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

Its a shame we are still discussing this when we should be talking about the upcoming season.

"braskypants" did get a lot of heat but the tone of his posts was such that... well he kind of asked for it and basically got what he deserved. Glen has proven to be someone who takes liberties with the truth. He's off to Washington and is now their problem and no longer ours.

We do not know, we may never know, what his infraction was other than he violated team rules.

T_O_B

Give me a break you grilled me more than anyone. What happened to your reliable source who told you it was tickets. My tone wouldn't have been the way it was if it wasn't for people like you. I hope that crow taste terrible.

This thread is turning into a pis*ing match.

Last chance .....

I'm sorry I just wish some would give me a little benefit of the doubt after cody himself admitted he lied.

Brasky, while I haven't posted on this particular thread yet, I have read all the posts. I will say that I give you the benefit of the doubt, and you are getting a pretty bad rap over what's going on. While I'm not sure if I believe it 100%, nobody has found any evidence that shows you aren't telling the truth.

Glenn admits ticket story was false

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Washington Redskins draft pick Cody Glenn has admitted that he lied when he told reporters that his suspension at Nebraska last season stemmed from his selling football tickets.

Glenn told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he made up the story about selling his tickets, which would have been a violation of NCAA rules. The fifth-round pick said he wanted to satisfy reporters and get them to quit asking him about the suspension.

The university athletic department told media outlets Monday that it had no knowledge of Glenn selling tickets.

Glenn says he went with the ticket story because he knew that was one of the rumors circulating about him.

He wouldn’t disclose the real reason for his suspension, which kept him out of the last three games.

I still cannot figure out for the LIFE of me why the REDSKINS officials also claimed it was ticket sales. Did they lie too to save face for Cody? Was it all planned out or what? I don't believe that they didn't actually uncover the story there, talking to coaches and whatnot.

Brasky may be right. Brasky may be wrong.

But do keep in mind there's a long history of sports scandals (and non-sports scandals) that all follow the urban-myth formula of second and third hand witnesses who divulge the real dirt, which has invariably been buried in a conspiracy by a much larger entity with a much bigger reputation to protect. These often involve statuatory rape cases and/or sex with a coaches daughter, or drug arrests in which the arresting officers let the players go because they have money riding on the game.

Most of these claims are never proven one way or the other. The truth is usually much more boring.

Yet anyone who knows anything about 20 year old football players knows that something like Brasky claims could easily happen. And yes, an athletic department would behave precisely this way in response, having run it all past university lawyers.

Wouldn't put any money on this either way.

I am pretty new to this board and first of I'd like to say that I'm not meaning to step on anyone's toes. The statutory rape thing has been flying about and may or may not be true. I'm not say anything negative toward the people that have posted this or that believe it. Simply stating that at this point, it is here say. It has recently been stated that he was not suspended fot NCAA violations, but team violations. While yes, this still could include the allegations of statutory rape, it could also be a number of other things. Now I'm not trying to say by any means that I know all the politics of this, or know all the team rules and what the ramifications for the infractions are, but I would think that these COULD be some other possibilities:

1) Fighting (with a teammate or student) ?

2) Academics (not showing up for class) ?

3) Social Activity (partying but not getting cited lawfully) ?

Again, I'm not saying that all, or any of these are what happened. As I stated before, I don't know all the team rules or what the penalty would be for them. And why would he lie if it was something this "small" of caliber. I have no idea why he would do that. Just my two cents.

Last chance .....

I'm sorry I just wish some would give me a little benefit of the doubt after cody himself admitted he lied.

Brasky, while I haven't posted on this particular thread yet, I have read all the posts. I will say that I give you the benefit of the doubt, and you are getting a pretty bad rap over what's going on. While I'm not sure if I believe it 100%, nobody has found any evidence that shows you aren't telling the truth.

Yet NOBODY has found ANY evidence to say that he is telling the truth. All he has is his notion that we should just take his word for it, and then we should choose to believe him or not.

I may have to side with brasky on this one. I remember awhile back when them OU guys got in trouble with the whole car dealership thing, someone posted something about it a while before it got public. So, with that in mind, I won't rule out the whole underage thing. I just with our athletic department would just come 100% clean with all the details, so the rumors and speculation and be put to rest. Something still feels really fishy about this entire thing.

Last chance .....

Yet NOBODY has found ANY evidence to say that he is telling the truth. All he has is his notion that we should just take his word for it, and then we should choose to believe him or not.

denial is not just a river in africa

it didn't require any empirical evidence to sell folks on a ticket selling scandal

i'm not passing judgement...i'm not in the know...but if brasky is and is speaking the truth...then he certainly isn't the bad guy here

i find it odd that some who admittedly don't know are so quick to besmirch him...hearsay is evidence...make of it what you wish

the absence of a sworn affidavit or a blue dress does not change the truth...whatever it is

i would prefer to believe it is not true...but as i don't know what the truth is...i'm not going to pick a side for fear of choosing the wrong one

I know everyone wants to blame Cody, TO, Bo, etc. But maybe the person to really blame here you never hear about. I am in the party leaning towards the stat rape theory for obvious reasons really(kept quiet, where tix wouldn't be). Now, the reason it was kept quiet can be many, but if I had to put myself as the parent of a young lady this may be how it looked.

My daughter is stupid and decides to get a fake ID to get into the bar. She's 17 but could def pass for 21. She meets Cody, they go home together, and what happens every night of the week after bars close happens here. Cody thinks, "Cool, I just scored a hot at least 21 year old."

Then sh#t happens. She is bragging to friends about it also, and eventually parents find out(or Cody contacts her thinking no big issue but finds out different). The father is pissed but exactly who is to blame? I know, some think a girl under 18 is still a kid, but if they can make life and death situations with a car, then that "kid" is an adult in my book. 17 year olds know what's right, what's wrong, and what they are doing. Do they make great decisions at this age as much as they would when older, No, but responsiblity must be put in the right places in these type of decisions.

So, the daughter doesn't want her name smeared around, neither does her Dad, and really if this is how it happened how could you ever put a case together together to prove Cody "knew" he was doing wrong? Anyways, everyone agrees to make it easiest for everyone, except Bo has to discipline No matter what the case unfortunately, so hello suspension.

Now, if Cody knowingly had sex with an underage girl, then yes, bad parents, and bad TO, and bad Bo.

Don't worry guys, our friendly neighborhood Netbuffers have the inside info. There are two options here:

1. Pelini is covering up some serious NCAA infractions, that might or might not be worthy of the death penalty.

2. Glenn has been having carnal relations with a coaches wife. (this is a new one to me...)

http://www.netbuffs.com/message_board/foot...l/28/572718.php

And yeah...I realize netbuffs is bad for the heart and health.

Its a shame we are still discussing this when we should be talking about the upcoming season.

"braskypants" did get a lot of heat but the tone of his posts was such that... well he kind of asked for it and basically got what he deserved. Glen has proven to be someone who takes liberties with the truth. He's off to Washington and is now their problem and no longer ours.

We do not know, we may never know, what his infraction was other than he violated team rules.

T_O_B

Give me a break you grilled me more than anyone. What happened to your reliable source who told you it was tickets. My tone wouldn't have been the way it was if it wasn't for people like you. I hope that crow taste terrible.

Ok. No. Go back and read the thread. All you guys piled on him for saying something you didn't want to be true. Now it looks like the most likely case. Let's all act like fair adults here and admit it when we are wrong. You guys acted like he was forcing the idea on you. He just said it was true, believe him or don't, but no one is obligated to disclose a "source" for some rumor or whatnot. That's what this board is all about.

We have no reason to stop discussing it just because he's "moved on" or whatever. It's interesting, and so we should discuss it; anyone who doesn't want to doesn't have to. Let's leave it to the people who do.

Maybe when the truth comes out we can open up another discussion on this thread, but until then I think this should be closed. We have the people on one side who think that there is something deep (like stat rape) and then the others who think they are jumping to conclusions with no hard evidence at hand.

I think it's best we close this until we have all the facts, which may never come out. Otherwise this will continue to be a back and forth argument that lasts forever.