Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

Question.. Is this worth 6 pages of reading and fumbling through? Is the truth out or just a cover up?

Shortened version:

-Nobody knows.

-Those that say it happened with no evidence.

-Those that say it didn't happen with no evidence.

-Ticket story was a lie, but again no evidence to support any other claim.

-We all suck.

Question.. Is this worth 6 pages of reading and fumbling through? Is the truth out or just a cover up?

Shortened version:

-Nobody knows.

-We all suck.

That pretty much sums it up.......... :thumbs

Shortened version:

-Nobody knows.

-We all suck.

That pretty much sums it up.......... :thumbs

:yeah

Shortened version:

-Nobody knows.

-We all suck.

Appreciate it, thanks dawg :thumbs

Actually if the Stat Rape thing is true, I hope it does come out because that means Justice will get served. This isn't some small issue to just waive off. Caring more about a the University over doing the right thing for the sake of an individual in an issue this severe seems off to me.

What if the story isn't coming out in order to protect the young lady if aforementioned stat rape did actually occur? I don't think alot of people understand the ramifications this could have on the young lady as far as how she is looked upon by peers and others, especially if she had broke the law in order to seem older. Who says anyone is protecting Cody or the University?? If the stat rape did happen, I'm going to say the ONLY reason it didn't come out was because of her and her parents!!!! I have a feeling TO, Bo, and the University probably didn't necessarily care one way or the other. If it came out it did, in not then it didn't. I would put alot of money on that they are respecting the wishes of the girl and parents!!!!! All aspects need to be looked at and considered. Who is the one really being protected here??? I really think this is something the girl and her parents wanted. JMHO

bingo

:yeah Thank you. I'm not saying this happened, but everyone has been saying that the girls dad is a terrible parent, but I think he is just protecting the girls reputation. This story will never see the light of day, unless the girl and her parents decide to prosecute. The girl has some responsibility in this if it was consensual sex, and I'm sure her parents realize that.

The parents don't decide if it is prosecuted. In most cases, parents know what happened, and the situation happens to be kept private without the State knowing about it. Therefore, charges are never brought because the only people that know about it are the underaged and his/her family, and the guilty party.

However, If Pelini kicked Glenn off the team for this kind of activity it would prove that someone outside of the situation knew about it (a state employee at that). That would mean that Pelini and the Athletic Dept. are obstructing justice.

Parents do NOT have a say if charges are brought. My sister in law had sex with an adult before she was 16, it was consensual. That same guy had sex with another minor in the same circle of friends. Charges were filed in that case. To help build a case against the adult male, my sister-in-law's name was brought up by the other girl to show that the man had a history of this. Even though my mother-in-law faught tooth and nail to keep her daughter off of the stand and to protect her name and help her turn her life around, the State subpoenaeed her and made her give a depostion so the State could add other charges beside the other girl.

If it is State knowledge, it is not up to the parents.

I'm not sure that being a football coach at a public university is a close enough relationship with the "State" (as you refer to it, the criminal justice system - police, prosecutors, etc.) to obligate him to disclose the existence of a purported crime. If I had a little more time I'd look it up. My somewhat educated guess is that Pelini does not have an affirmative duty to report potential crimes to the police.

(I checked it out quickly, Pelini PROBABLY does not have an affirmative duty to report crimes. US law generally does not require anyone to report crimes. Rather, it places the duty on prosecutors and police to discover crimes. If Pelini were subpoenaed and questioned, he WOULD have a duty to answer the prosecutor's questions truthfully.)

Actually if the Stat Rape thing is true, I hope it does come out because that means Justice will get served. This isn't some small issue to just waive off. Caring more about a the University over doing the right thing for the sake of an individual in an issue this severe seems off to me.

What if the story isn't coming out in order to protect the young lady if aforementioned stat rape did actually occur? I don't think alot of people understand the ramifications this could have on the young lady as far as how she is looked upon by peers and others, especially if she had broke the law in order to seem older. Who says anyone is protecting Cody or the University?? If the stat rape did happen, I'm going to say the ONLY reason it didn't come out was because of her and her parents!!!! I have a feeling TO, Bo, and the University probably didn't necessarily care one way or the other. If it came out it did, in not then it didn't. I would put alot of money on that they are respecting the wishes of the girl and parents!!!!! All aspects need to be looked at and considered. Who is the one really being protected here??? I really think this is something the girl and her parents wanted. JMHO

bingo

:yeah Thank you. I'm not saying this happened, but everyone has been saying that the girls dad is a terrible parent, but I think he is just protecting the girls reputation. This story will never see the light of day, unless the girl and her parents decide to prosecute. The girl has some responsibility in this if it was consensual sex, and I'm sure her parents realize that.

The parents don't decide if it is prosecuted. In most cases, parents know what happened, and the situation happens to be kept private without the State knowing about it. Therefore, charges are never brought because the only people that know about it are the underaged and his/her family, and the guilty party.

However, If Pelini kicked Glenn off the team for this kind of activity it would prove that someone outside of the situation knew about it (a state employee at that). That would mean that Pelini and the Athletic Dept. are obstructing justice.

Parents do NOT have a say if charges are brought. My sister in law had sex with an adult before she was 16, it was consensual. That same guy had sex with another minor in the same circle of friends. Charges were filed in that case. To help build a case against the adult male, my sister-in-law's name was brought up by the other girl to show that the man had a history of this. Even though my mother-in-law faught tooth and nail to keep her daughter off of the stand and to protect her name and help her turn her life around, the State subpoenaeed her and made her give a depostion so the State could add other charges beside the other girl.

If it is State knowledge, it is not up to the parents.

I'm not sure that being a football coach at a public university is a close enough relationship with the "State" (as you refer to it, the criminal justice system - police, prosecutors, etc.) to obligate him to disclose the existence of a purported crime. If I had a little more time I'd look it up. My somewhat educated guess is that Pelini does not have an affirmative duty to report potential crimes to the police.

(I checked it out quickly, Pelini PROBABLY does not have an affirmative duty to report crimes. US law generally does not require anyone to report crimes. Rather, it places the duty on prosecutors and police to discover crimes. If Pelini were subpoenaed and questioned, he WOULD have a duty to answer the prosecutor's questions truthfully.)

It all comes down to who you know. The girls father/mother may be some bigtime supporters of the Police Dept. or the DA's office, or have very recently become big time supporters if you know what I mean. Money can make alot of things go away. Anyways, even if they aren't, I'm sure prosecuters would sit down with the parents/girl and hear their side of the story and why they do or don't want the crime prosecuted. And if she is the one who illegaly entered a bar with a fake ID, who's fault is it really??

It seems to me that we are assuming that the girl was in a bar. Remember the age of consent in Nebraska is 16 and this would mean that she was posing as someone who is at least 5 years older. Yes I know girls look and dress older these days but...?????

I would be more inclined to think that if this did happen, and I'm certainly not suggesting that it did, that it was that they met at some event, did something that was consented to (I know she wasn't yet legally of age to), and that there was no violence or coercion involved. The parents weren't that happy with the occurance and reported it to the Athletic Department and asked that the alleged male who was involved be asked to stay away from their daughter, and that the incident be kept secret in order to save their daughter from ridicule.

T_O_B