SIGNED RB Aaron Green

He seems more fit for the kind of offense we are goin towards, the zone read/option attack. He can bounce to the outside, go in between the tackles, catch out of the backfield.

This is what honestly excites me about Aaron versus the Malcom Browns and who nots of the world. His versatility out of the backfield totally seperates him from the other high profile recruits. A lot of time he actually splits out to receiver and in the slot for Madison. Aaron vs. a LB or safety in the open field......I like the odds.

Humor me but with us having Taylor Martinez and him looking run. (Kinda like Vince did) Do you think that would play a role in AG recruitment. Not only will he share carries with the QB he also will have a rotation of Rb's that he will share carries with.

He would share carries anywhere he goes. FSU has one maybe two rbs already committed, same with Cal, same with Texas.

I understand that but a lot of running back turned away from Texas during the Vince years - They were unable to really recruit they usually 5 star guys. Cedric Benson and Jamal Charles came in with him. I'm not saying its a definite but you have to think if Taylor continues to progress the way we hope he will. (A lot of people saying Eric & Tommie)that it will play a role.

I understand that but a lot of running back turned away from Texas during the Vince years - They were unable to really recruit they usually 5 star guys. Cedric Benson and Jamal Charles came in with him. I'm not saying its a definite but you have to think if Taylor continues to progress the way we hope he will. (A lot of people saying Eric & Tommie)that it will play a role.

Uh...yeah. They've really struggled at RB

Vondrell McGee- #3 All Purpose Back

Cody Johnson- #1 Fullback

Foswhitt Whittaker- #6 APB

DeSean Hales- #1 APB

Jeremy Hills- #6 APB

Chris Whaley- #8 Athlete, recruited as RB

Traylon Shead- #16 RB

Malcolm Brown- #1 RB

DeSean Hales- #1 APB

Jeremy Hills- #6 APB

Traylon Shead- #16 RB

Malcolm Brown- #1 RB

and where are they now???

:koolaid2:

DeSean Hales- #1 APB

Jeremy Hills- #6 APB

Traylon Shead- #16 RB

Malcolm Brown- #1 RB

There is just no way Aaron SHOULD want to go to UT. Their offensive schemes are not centered around their RB's, they don't have any strength in the running department, and they take good RB's that are never able to reach their potential until the pros and do nothing with them. I think Malcolm made a poor decision going there instead of Bama and Green will make an equally poor decision going to UT instead of Neb.

We had 3 100 yard rushers today. I know that isn't going to happen every week, but if that doesn't make him want to be a part of this train to glory then I don't know what will. This NU team would be the perfect display for his talents. Think about Burkhead, Green, and Heard running around back there with T-Magic doing the zone read next year.

I know we all freak out about Aaron and the possibility of him leaving to go elsewhere and I definitely feed into the hype and hysteria as new info comes out every few days, but his recruitment is so...wait for it...fun. He is a smart, extremely talented RB, that we would all love to have. The past few weeks should just be evidence to him that this decision is the best one possible.

I'm just so jazzed after the game today! :woo

:bonesflag:

DeSean Hales- #1 APB

Jeremy Hills- #6 APB

Traylon Shead- #16 RB

Malcolm Brown- #1 RB

There is just no way Aaron SHOULD want to go to UT. Their offensive schemes are not centered around their RB's, they don't have any strength in the running department, and they take good RB's that are never able to reach their potential until the pros and do nothing with them. I think Malcolm made a poor decision going there instead of Bama and Green will make an equally poor decision going to UT instead of Neb.

We had 3 100 yard rushers today. I know that isn't going to happen every week, but if that doesn't make him want to be a part of this train to glory then I don't know what will. This NU team would be the perfect display for his talents. Think about Burkhead, Green, and Heard running around back there with T-Magic doing the zone read next year.

I know we all freak out about Aaron and the possibility of him leaving to go elsewhere and I definitely feed into the hype and hysteria as new info comes out every few days, but his recruitment is so...wait for it...fun. He is a smart, extremely talented RB, that we would all love to have. The past few weeks should just be evidence to him that this decision is the best one possible.

I'm just so jazzed after the game today! :woo

:bonesflag:

Aaron Green should cut the drama and just commit. Taylor is going to be leading this team to a lot wins over the next four seasons, and those seasons include some impressive Big 10 stops. PSU, UM, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin. We have a lot depth at QB and next year we have two more studs

joining the team. :koolaid2:

• Fire 1

Haven't heard much about the trip to FSU yet but did see this tid-bit on scout leading up to it:

“I’m getting out to Florida State when they take on BYU this weekend,” Aaron Green said. “There was nothing really special about making this decision. They were the only school with a home game with me on a bye week, I like how the program there is new and they’re basically starting from scratch. And they’ve been the one school that I’ve been talking to a lot since coaches were allowed to call."

Not sure if it would concern Aaron, but Texas does not look like the place to go if you're a RB.

Nebraska vs. Washington

54-383yrds (7.1 ypr)

Texas vs Texas Tech.

43-93yrds (2.2 ypr)

...I'd say Texas' "pound the rock" experiment is coming to a close...with the final chapter of that failed experiment being written on 10/16.

That's an interesting stat and application. I would think that if Malcom or Aaron went to Texas that they would get the running game going! Texas has been a strong running team with plenty of studs over the past 10-15 years.

If anything, I'd say that the Texas "situation" is an opportunity for a RB to look at and say, "Hey, I can fill a void there at a Top 5 program".

I think Texas will get it all figured out and fill up their pipe line ... just some minor rebuilding to do in their program.

In the mean time ... just a few holes on my Husker team to rant about ... :-)

SheepdogMark

The thing is, it's not like Texas is getting 2star backs. What was Tre Newton when he came out? I know he looked like a man among boys at Southlake Carroll. Even against Austin Westlake in state championship, he just looked beastly. I would've thought that he would be dominating by now. So..you're a 4 or 5 star recruit, and texas has several of those caliber players that can't seem to get the job done. I would be asking myself "Ze deal? Texas has talent all over the field, O-Line 4 and 5 star guys, RBs 4 and 5 star guys, yet they still can't run. Even with a 5 star QB that is supposed to be keeping defenses honest with his arm and 4 and 5 star receivers, Texas can't run the ball. Even after Mack says Texas is committing to the run, they can't. Not on Rice, not on Wyoming, not on previously defensless TTech. So.. Ze deal? do I want to go somewhere, get coddled and not develop?"

"Now Nebraska is committed to the run, and is successful at it. Hell, they just had 3 guys get 100 in a game. I will get an opportunity there. I will be appreciated there. I will have to work hard, but I'm not intimidated, I know Bo will play the best players, so I have a decent shot to play a lot."

No Brainer if you ask me.