chatter about the Big 1O, again

The cost of travel would preclude us from changing. No borders to enrich the draw. Not going to happen.

Hate Texas all you want, but it is talent laden.

We would never be able to recurit with Michigan and Ohio State for their in state talent.

We have it great, the grass is greener in the Big 12.

Not sure why anyone thinks the big 10 is an upgrade. I would match our conference with theirs any time... I prefer our brand of football, very comfortable with our teams and our recruiting base is second only to the SEC's if it is second to anyone.

I think that there are 2 sides to this topic:

We are going down the drain if we join Big 10+1: We are already situated in the Big 12 and to change conferences completely would have a lot of side effects. Our claims in Texas would clearly be reduced and that is the main goldmine that we have. A lot of talent resides in that state and we would potentially lure them away from Nebraska since its the Big 10. We can't have that going on. It is also the whole geographical issue which is a major issue to me and to the team. For us to go to Arrowhead Stadium is not very expensive since its pretty close. Imagine going to the Big House in Michigan. That would raise the budget of the team which isn't exactly great. I don't think I am willing to drive that far to see a regular game.

Domination :restore : Joining the Big 10 would be a great opportunity for the Huskers. Not only would we be introduced to new recruiting areas (Michigan, Ohio, etc.), but we have a better coach than certain people think. Pelini was able to turn our pretty bad defense into an average one in one year and he wasn't afraid to change. I remember Callahan not willing to change anything even if the season was on the line like 2007. Pelini would be able to adjust to Big 10 play and play competitively. The Big 10 categorization wouldn't be put on us since we would be new to it. Imagine the opponents we play. We could play Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan St., Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan. Looking at the terrible competition that is in the Big 10, we could cruise to a 9 or 10 win season every single year and once we start winning recruits come to us which would propel us to compete against Ohio St. and Penn St.

Which one would I support?

-I would clearly support the first option. Why the hell would we want to be associated with THE Ohio St. They are too cocky for their own good. Bad competition doesn't always lead to good things. Look at how they look at teams like Penn St. One loss to an alright Iowa team and they have no chance at all for the National Championship. If we make any mistakes, we pretty much gain the same reputation as every other team in the Big 10. We will be considered weak and all we supposedly play are cupcakes. Speaking of cupcakes a chocolate chip cupcake sounds good right about now? :)

It won't happen for many reasons...

but I do see Notre Dame continuing to struggle and losing their TV deal, thus being forced to join the Big 10

It looks like they are softening up their schedual a great deal. Should keep them locked in with NBC. and top bowl games, just for winning 9 or 10 games, no matter how weak their opponents are. I doubt if we would be able to schedual them again, for quite some time. It would help our recruiting, but probably wouldn't do much for them.

GBR!!!

I would love to bring in Arkansas or Iowa into the north, and TCU to the south... An expansion to the Big XIV wouldn't hurt us...

Amen to that.

We are currently in one of the top 2 conferences. Anyone who would choose to leave either the B12 of SEC would have to be doing so to lessen the level of competition. I wouldn't want my program to strive for anything less than the best.

I would love to bring in Arkansas or Iowa into the north, and TCU to the south... An expansion to the Big XIV wouldn't hurt us...

Arkansas is an old SWC team, their rivals are in the South. They hate Texas, Okie State is really pretty close and don't they have that new rivalry game in the new Texas Stadium with A&M?

With the exception of expanding to 14 teams...that's a great point.

I think we should kick Baylor and Iowa State out of the Big 12 and bring in Arkansas and Iowa.

I think we should kick Baylor and Iowa State out of the Big 12 and bring in Arkansas and Iowa.

Ouch, sorry Cy, no love for the Clones.

But we need them to help make us bowl eligible <_<

Ouch, sorry Cy, no love for the Clones.

That's okay...I'm sure HuskerJen will be the first one to apologize after we pummel you in Lincoln this fall... <_<