Sound System..and other things

The sound system put in after the last stadium improvements are horrible!! As far as a I know the the speakers are located on the big screen. In some areas of the stadium you cant even hear the announcer and especially can't hear during the tunnel walk. I just wish they could amp up the place and really get it rockin like it used to be. Anybody know of any improvements?? Also are they still going through with the ribbon boards around the balconys? If so where does our national championships and academic all americans go? I did enjoy the HD at the spring game tho, it looked sharp!

i don't have any info for ya, but i definitely agree. the crowd totally drowns out the sound system during the tunnel walk . would be nice to really get the decibel level up at memorial stadium for that extra home-field advantage.

:sarcasm Yeah, I wish people would be more considerate and SHUT UP! during the tunnel walk so I could groove to the music and get down with it!! :corndance

i don't have any info for ya, but i definitely agree. the crowd totally drowns out the sound system during the tunnel walk . would be nice to really get the decibel level up at memorial stadium for that extra home-field advantage.

:sarcasm Yeah, I wish people would be more considerate and SHUT UP! during the tunnel walk so I could groove to the music and get down with it!! :corndance

exactly what i was thinking...

I think the problem with them amping up the sound system is people all across Lincoln that don't go to the games, which is a small portion I know, were complaining about the volume. It was shaking their houses and what not from what I had heard. Now granted it's my opinion that these people need to move or shut their mouths, but that's what I've heard.

i was actually havin a conversation with a friend last season about the tunnel walk, and he said(i agree) that the most intimidating thing for the sea of red to do, would to be dead silent during the tunnel walk...

seriously 86,000 people, and you could hear a pin drop... well, itd be more intimidating than a b1ack0ut

Having the crowd be silent isn't going to work, and to hell with the people who complain. How much revenue is generated by the 80,000+ fans who desend on Lincoln for 6-7 regular season games and 1 spring game every year. How many fans go to a game day, don't go to the game, but do stay over, eat, drink and tail gate, and spend 5/6 hundred dollars like my family does on occasion? Crank up the volume, at least for the Tunnel Walk, and let the complainers shake in their shoes, just like the visiting team does.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:bonez:cheers:bonez:bonez

i don't have any info for ya, but i definitely agree. the crowd totally drowns out the sound system during the tunnel walk. would be nice to really get the decibel level up at memorial stadium for that extra home-field advantage.

I think they should really amp up the noise during the tunnel walk and then we can compete with the sound system to see who is louder. :box

I haven't heard about the surrounding neighborhoods complaining. The closest one would be German Bottoms, and that is a good half mile away. I was told the sound issue was brought up two years ago, mainly after the USC game. Some of the more "well seasoned" boosters thought the volume was to high, and lo and behold the volume was lowered, so much so that at last years opener you could hardly hear anything.

I think that during the tunnel walk they should let it blast, it only lasts a minute, its good clean fun, and come one ear plugs only cost a buck. :facepalm:

I haven't heard about the surrounding neighborhoods complaining. The closest one would be German Bottoms, and that is a good half mile away. I was told the sound issue was brought up two years ago, mainly after the USC game. Some of the more "well seasoned" boosters thought the volume was to high, and lo and behold the volume was lowered, so much so that at last years opener you could hardly hear anything.

I think that during the tunnel walk they should let it blast, it only lasts a minute, its good clean fun, and come one ear plugs only cost a buck. :facepalm:

During the tunnel walk wouldn't bother me, but I hate stadiums where the music blasts at various times all game long. I start to wonder why I should make any noise, since it's way overwhelmed by the sound system. If I want to hear loud music, I'll go to a concert.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they play "artificial" crowd noise through the speakers?

I know memorial gets rockin when it really NEEDS to, but the last few games I have been to I have been sort of disappointed with the crowd noise dedhoarse

It seems like I remember it ALWAYS being loud when the blackshirts are on the field, winning or losing.

Can they alternate speakers in the east and west to start "husker power" chants or anything like that?

I personally feel that the speakers need to be centralized in the stadium. I am almost the northern most part of the stadium (1 row) and it is pathetic. There are times when i can hardly hear anything, and others when my ears are being blown out. Not to mention the delay they work out during videos and player intros. If it were in the middle of the stadium then it would solve ALOT of problems.

I suppose now we have to get a dome......how the hell would we put it in a central location? By the way, I hear that the sound system was suppose to be changed for the upcoming season...or rumor has it anyway. My source is not very reliable though, he's a compulsive liar.....haha.

Haha much like the new Dallas Stadium huh? I wouldn't mind seeing a centralized videoboard and sound system.