Athlon Rankings

Steele! LOL. The only reason people on here like Steele is because he picked Nebraska 2nd last year and what do you know, he got it right (for once) He picked KU to finish 4th in 2007 and we finished 2nd (tieing MU for 1st) He doesn't know it all.

Steele! LOL. The only reason people on here like Steele is because he picked Nebraska 2nd last year and what do you know, he got it right (for once) He picked KU to finish 4th in 2007 and we finished 2nd (tieing MU for 1st) He doesn't know it all.

JGS30,

Everyone picked that. Infact I remember quite a bit of rumbles before the season started about Mangino possibly being on the hot seat and out the door if things went poorly.

NOBODY was predicting KU to do anything, especially KU fans. That team took everyone by surprise and the only ones who can claim any different are the coaches and players and those crazy fans who alway say they are going to win the whole thing every year.

He also picked Gay-State the year they won the North when everyone had them at 3rd or lower. Guy is a lot more accurate than anyone else and he does his research. And of course he picked KU to finish 4th. It's KU. :)

Ouch, NU comes in at 16 and now all the people that were freaking out and threating to never read Athlons again are going to look kinda silly.

or like a f**king junior high girl.

actually, as much as a husker fan as I may be, I think a preseason poll putting us that high just verifies what people were saying about athlon more than anything. I have to wonder, with us being that high, and notre dame being ranked at all, if they are just trying to appeal to large fan bases to get people to buy their sh#t.

NOBODY was predicting KU to do anything, especially KU fans. That team took everyone by surprise and the only ones who can claim any different are the coaches and players and those crazy fans who alway say they are going to win the whole thing every year.

and the both of them proved us wrong, didn't they?

and the both of them proved us wrong, didn't they?

well..as for ranking nebraska...with a new and un-proven qb,,its hard to rank them very high...the qb can make a team great, or break a team. nu needs 2 or 3 years of penili type players before you can see what direction this team will go.

ive never put much into preseason rankings, they dont tell you how it for sure will go down. the only thing that matters is the product on the field

I hate to agree, because they are better than completely random guesses at least, but in the end, it will get sorted out where we all like to watch...

Nobody gets 'em all right, but if you look at his prognostications through the years. He's been pretty spot on than a lot of other so called experts.

No, I think it has more to do with the fact that Steele generally has the most accurate preseason rankings. Athlon actually does pretty well too, second only to Steele over the past decade.

Nebraska_v02.jpg

Let's play guess the top nine...

10. Ole Miss (already announced)

9. Virginia Tech

8. Ohio State

7. Alabama

6. Penn State

5. Oklahoma State

4. USC

3. Texas

2. Oklahoma

1. Florida

Same teams but I think Texas will be ahead of Oklahoma and I think V-Tech will be up higher than that