QB Sean Robinson

committed to Purdue.

Wow. I thought it would be us or the Domers, for sure.

Well there is quite a long time until '10 LOI day. I'm not saying Robinson will decommit from Purdue but it is a possibility.

I believe that we have the committment of the QB, in Tyler Gabbert, that Bo and Shawn both wanted and had #1 on their board.

And, due to the limited number of scholarships available for the '10 class, signing another QB, even with one who has the upside of Robinson, probably isn't a wise decision.

For the present situation Nebraska is in, one QB in this class is perfect. Just my .02.

Anytime a high school kid draws comparisons to a talent like Tim Tebow, it hurts when you see him commit to a school not named Nebraska.

Regardless, Tyler Gabbert is our QB for this class...now let's continue to go to work on Curtis Carter!

Anytime a high school kid draws comparisons to a talent like Tim Tebow, it hurts when you see him commit to a school not named Nebraska.

Regardless, Tyler Gabbert is our QB for this class...now let's continue to go to work on Curtis Carter!

I'm from Florida and I cannot stand the hype Tebow gets. He is average QB at best. There were strong rumors that both Cameron Newton and their current second string QB are better talents than him (which was shown this spring game when he got out-performed in the spring game by the second string qb). He's not even the best player on the team according to Dan Muellen (he thinks Harvin was). He is just the face of a program with a Dominate defense, and world class skill players on offense.

However he does do something great, and that is throw his arms up in air and scream yeah.

:rant

But you are right lets go after Carter.

hmmm, I guess I can stand rooting for Purdue. Much better than him going to the domers.

I'm with you there! Good luck to him, and I will watch to see how he does. If he would have committed to the depths of the domers...... I wouldn't even look how he was doing. I have two favorite teams, Nebraska and who ever is playing the domers. <_<

Purdue is starting to bother me recruiting wise. In the span of two years, that's two potential QB's they've won out on and a good RB... I personally am not too sad about losing Marve though.

In the cases of McBurse and Robinson we had a slot and we filled a slot. I think either would've been 'skers if those slots hadn't been filled. Purdue is damn lucky. I'm surprised Robinson went in this direction.

Personally, I wouldn't opt for Purdue. They haven't done jack in a while and the guy they named heir to Tiller last year had some success in 1AA but wasn't exactly Paul Johnson.

• 5 months later...

Sean Robinson, if he had been "Maroniviched" like Blaine Gabbert had, would be a top 3QB in the nation this year and maybe the number 1 dual threat QB.

He is raw because of he wasnt schooled as a QB for 10 years but he has more tools then most kids in the nation. This kid is a flat out steal for Purdue. His early verbal, mixed in with his rawness have kept him a little bit more hidden then he deserves to be. He is a more athletic Blaine Gabbert and problaby a better overall athlete then a Jake Locker.

The Huskers made a mistake in turning him away but hopefully they can get in good with him again. The good news is, most kids from Illinios have little allegience to any schools, except for ND (if you grew up in IL, trust me, ND is thrown down your throat!).