Two Questions......1)Favoritve RB? 2)Who do you think is the all time best RB?

Ahman was my favorite because he was a put up and shut up kind of guy. I believe the year Ricky Williams won the Hypseman, Ahman was less than 50 yards in total yardage behind him with significantly fewer carries. He just did his job and never said a word, just like he's done in the NFL. I have problems putting LP up there because he really only played a 2 seasons. He was basically kicked off the team in year 3 or his last year. Rozier and Ahman have to be 1 and 2, and I have no problem what order you put them into.

Btw, Marlon Lucky was ever bit as good as Buckhalter and Alexander. To this day, I still can't figure out how Buckhalter has been able to play in the NFL. I thought his play at NU was pathetic.

For football ability and football ability alone I have to go with LP. There has not been one RB here since him that has had the talent and pure football ability as he had. It is too bad he completely effed up his life b/c he would have been great.

Ahman Green is a close second for me. Watching him make the runs he did was amazing. I also loved watching Pork Chop play. As mentioned above he had a tremendous heart and wore the scarlet and cream with pride....this was proven game in and game out.

Ahman was my favorite because he was a put up and shut up kind of guy. I believe the year Ricky Williams won the Hypseman, Ahman was less than 50 yards in total yardage behind him with significantly fewer carries. He just did his job and never said a word, just like he's done in the NFL. I have problems putting LP up there because he really only played a 2 seasons. He was basically kicked off the team in year 3 or his last year. Rozier and Ahman have to be 1 and 2, and I have no problem what order you put them into.

Btw, Marlon Lucky was ever bit as good as Buckhalter and Alexander. To this day, I still can't figure out how Buckhalter has been able to play in the NFL. I thought his play at NU was pathetic.

Marlon may have been as good as Buck of Alexander in a theoretical sense --- but in the actual, game in/game out produce on the field when needed sense of the word, I'd say he was not quite there. Though, maybe so --- at any rate, there is little difference.

I love all the Cory Ross talk. I wouldn't necessarily put him as my favorite but he was SOOO important to our team. I loved watching him catch screen passes or dump offs and turn them into big gains.

Back on LP...I just remember him coming into spell Calvin Jones (I think...could be wrong....long time ago) and just taking over. Also, that first drive where he took the little screen pass and housed it! Amazing! Then the next run on the video below is even better.

I could watch this all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojVTyYWGds

Favorite: Rozier

All Time Best: Rozier

Granted LP and Green were outstanding players, but Rozier had a knack of making something out of nothing. If defenses would cheat down on the side the ball was going, he would reverse the field or find that minuscule seam to slide through to gain yardage. He was a real treat to watch.

My Answer:

1) Lawrence Phillips (just take away all the crap I don't want to hear about - - by the way, he tried to run over some high schools kids after a pick up game. His team lost. He got in his car...unfortunate)

2)Mike Rozier

:box

:bang Obviously not a regular reader here, or didn't look at the top of the board...we already did the polling on this one.

dedhoarse

My Answer:

1) Lawrence Phillips (just take away all the crap I don't want to hear about - - by the way, he tried to run over some high schools kids after a pick up game. His team lost. He got in his car...unfortunate)

2)Mike Rozier

:box

:bang Obviously not a regular reader here, or didn't look at the top of the board...we already did the polling on this one.

dedhoarse

Give the guy a break HT, we didn't do the favorite back thing just the best.

Favorite: Ahman Green--speed kills man, plus he went on to be a stud for my Pack as well.

Best: Lawrence Phillips.....

hands down the most talented RB I have ever witnessed. I remember him running over a DE on a toss sweep right after the catch and then cutting and accelerating to full speed in one stride once he spotted a hole that very few could have seen. I think that was the '95 Michigan State game, but not sure.

He was just amazing....but you know how that story ends!