Justin Makovicka leaves

A Mackovicka leaves the Husker football program!? Does anyone else think this is rather bizarre? I wonder what sort of circumstances led him to make this decision?

I'm sure the story will come out eventually. Good luck Justin where ever you end up.

Yes, I also think its bizarre.

1620 did mention the rumor yesterday that he was leaving the program and possibly is headed to UNO.

Strange, not really. How many carries did Thomas Lawson get last year?? Better yet, the few times we used a FB in the I set it was Suh. I don't blame him and best of luck where ever he ends up.

What's bizarre is that Watson still actually recruits FB's, whats the point of that?

Maybe he will come to CU

According to this link, he is!!

Link

***Note to self, next time don't have the volume up so DAMN loud so I don't piss myself!*** <_<

:laughpound hopefully no one in your house was trying to sleep.

Back on topic, there is still a Makovicka on the team.

You're right there is another Makovicka on the team I believe that its Jordan Makovicka.

If I remember correctly didn't Iowa State offer Justin a scholarship but turned it down to walk on with Nebraska.

A Mackovicka leaves the Husker football program!? Does anyone else think this is rather bizarre? I wonder what sort of circumstances led him to make this decision?

I'm sure the story will come out eventually. Good luck Justin where ever you end up.

Yes, I also think its bizarre.

1620 did mention the rumor yesterday that he was leaving the program and possibly is headed to UNO.

Strange, not really. How many carries did Thomas Lawson get last year?? Better yet, the few times we used a FB in the I set it was Suh. I don't blame him and best of luck where ever he ends up.

What's bizarre is that Watson still actually recruits FB's, whats the point of that?

IMO it's simple, we haven't had a fullback worth putting-in. The walk-on ranks haven't provided us with a good enough guy. We'll see what happens when Zimmerer is ready to play I guess.

:yeah

If my understanding is correct, Justin is a Junior this year, and i guess after sitting on the bench for the last two years, and no sign of getting some playing time, i guess he will play somewhere else. Though he could have just made a position change or something. Jordan i believe is either a Freshman or Sophomore, i cant remember of the top of my head, but i do know he is playing the RB position.

I dont know though, at 6-1 240lbs, im sure Makovicka could have switched sides of the ball and seen some playing time. Good luck to him though where ever he goes.

according to the article it sounds likely that he will play at UNO.

"Makovicka hasn't officially made up his mind on where he'll attend next fall, but more than likely he'll play for Division II Nebraska-Omaha."

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!! Feelin the mojo.

I don't buy that NU just isn't using the Fullback anymore, I just think Mack being a Jr would like to see the field more and maybe UNO is offering a schollie to boot. This family has certainly given it's all to NU so I think we can support Justin's decision. I know I'll be glad to see him at Caniglia.

This really has nothing to do with tradition....he is not getting playing time and does not see it happening, whether it is b/c the FB is not utilized like it once was or he just does not have the necessary skills to give to the offense.

It is shocking to lose a Makovicka, but he has to do what is best for him. Good luck Justin!

If he did decide to go to sCUm I am sure his entire family would disown him....it would be suicide to go out there!