What are our chances of winning at VA Tech?

VA Tech game  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said 50-60 because I see the game as a 50/50 chance. A lot will depend upon Lee's development prior to this game. I don't see a huge amount of points being scored in this game by either side. It will be a defensive showcase for both teams. I see the game coming down to a crucial turnover.

I selected the 20-30% category. The Huskers will be improved in some areas over last season, and will have some time to get the kinks out offensively. However, it can't be overlooked how the Huskers have layed an egg on the road over the last 7-8 years, and Blacksburg is one of the tougher places to play in the country. The Huskers need to play a perfect game and hope that is enough. I think the best thing the Huskers have going for them on this game is that it is a 2:30 game, rather than a night game.

I selected the 20-30% category. The Huskers will be improved in some areas over last season, and will have some time to get the kinks out offensively. However, it can't be overlooked how the Huskers have layed an egg on the road over the last 7-8 years, and Blacksburg is one of the tougher places to play in the country. The Huskers need to play a perfect game and hope that is enough. I think the best thing the Huskers have going for them on this game is that it is a 2:30 game, rather than a night game.

Curiosity killed the cat, but wouldn't you agree about the day game versus the evening game no matter where the game is played if you're the visiting team? From past experience, the rowdiest I ever saw it get in Lincoln was always during night games. The calmest games were always the ones played early. I do agree that we should be breathing a sigh of relief that its not a night game. Actually, I'd have taken a morning game.

I too was looking for the 50/50. I think that is very optomistic for me.

If they get by Alabama in their early games, look out. I think they lose to Alabama.

As stated our track record is not good on the road against top 25 teams. This could easily be a top 5-7 team when we play them, in one of the toughest places in college football. New QB, a so so OLine at this time, makes it look very difficult to me. TyRod is going to cause problems for us, there is no question about that. Will the new LB's be ready for him. Will Suh get the help he neads on the Dline to have the season all are expecting from him.

I would love to go to this game, I really enjoyed the Hokie fans last year.

Last year I felt they were quite a bit better than Nebraska, this year we are better overall, but are we good enough to offset the home field advantage, that is the question to me.

If we win it will be by a very small margin.

I too was looking for the 50/50. I think that is very optomistic for me. If we win it will be by a very small margin.

I voted for the 50-60% option only because there wasn't a 50-50 option.

Win by a small margin...you mean by 5 points like Va Tech did in Lincoln last season?

I think all of you are vastly overrating the strength of the VT Hokies. Do none of you remember how sorry the Huskers had to play to lose that game last year? VT did not beat NU last season, NU beat themselves.

I'm not ready to buy into all this VT hype. Sure they won a BCS bowl last year, against Cincinnati. The Hokies have a young offensive line, and holes to fill at LB. They are far from being unbeatable.

I feel a little bad for the Husker fans expecting a massacre, because I see this as a toss up game even in Blacksburg. I expect nothing more than a four quarter dog fight. One that will leave the Hokies feeling like boxer John Henry Lewis in his second fight against James "Cinderella Man" Braddock.

Lewis's corner man: "What are you doing? You beat this guy easy last time!"

Lewis: "He ain't the same guy!" :box

I put 30-40 simply for a couple reasons:

1) It's in Blacksburg. We struggled in Lincoln, which means it will be even harder down there.

2) Match-ups. Our offense vs. their defense, I would give VaTech the edge. With returning starters they possess and the tough defense they play, our offense will have it's work cut out for it. Our defense vs. their offense is a pretty even match up. They don't have a lot of break out players except for Taylor, which is going to be our biggest problem. The last time we faced a fast quarterback, he torched us for over 100 rushing yards (Griffin). If we can contain Taylor and force him to make a lot of throws, well then I think we'll be fine.

3) Special Teams. Despite our punt return last year, VaTech played extremely tough special teams. They blocked quite a few punts and field goals last year, more than what Nebraska managed. They also put a heck of a lot of emphasis on special teams. This could very well be the key to the game for us. Two new starters and long snapper and place holder won't benefit us.

Yes Jen, actually 5 or less.

We have speed this year, more than last year I think. That will help keep Tyrod contained I think, but Nebraska and Coach Pelini have always struggled against a fast mobile QB.

I think it will be a heck of a game. Even with a loss I think we will come away with the respect we have been missing for awhile. This could get us back on the National spot light win or lose is my guess.

But they have tremendous coaching, they will be ready for us, they are not penciling a win for this game either is my guess.

I voted 30-40%. It would have been 20-30 if this was a prime time night game in Lane Stadium. These are the keys for Nebraska to beat an OVERRATED ACC team that won't be undefeated when we play them.

1) we have to own the turnover margin

2) our front four has to DOMINATE (Clemson?)

3) Zac Lee has to get into some sort of groove

4) don't let Beamer Ball beat us. No safetys or anything related to special teams.