Weak Non-Conference Schedule for 2010

I've been moaning about the non-conference schedule for next year even though there's not a thing that I can do about it. But what I saw today just really put it in even worse perspective.

Yes, I realize it's an entire year away, and many things change, but the current ESPN Bottom 10 has all 3 of our 2010 Div1A non-conference opponents (and sorry, Cy, you're on it, too).

I pray Washington can make a respectable turnaround this year to make it a little easier to take.

Next year's sched is damn lame. Glad after that we're getting Southern Miss back for a series, will give us more than one noncon to look forward to.

I think that's the same Southern Miss that Cy was cracking on the Jayhawks for scheduling as their "tough" noncon game, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, next season's noncon schedule is bad. Really bad. Almost as bad as the noncon schedule Florida plays every year.

The good news is, it should be pretty easy for people to get tickets. :)

Who cares, all the other teams line up cupcakes. I think next year is looking like a season where we should be expecting big things. Weak schedule, senior backfield, experienced receivers, 3 yrs into the Pelini project. I think we should be BCS bound, 2010 is the year we reclaim our spot at the table.

Iowa State has Utah and Iowa in 2010, Iowa, Utah and Connecticut in 2011. Our "breather" game is against UNI...who could probably beat about everyone in the Big 10 and half the teams in the Big 12.

Our schedule over the next two years looks like it was made by Gene Simmons while the rest of the Big 12 team's non-conference schedule was made by Richard Simmons.

But...I guess everybody wants a piece of the surprise 2009 National Champion huh?

Next year's sched is damn lame. Glad after that we're getting Southern Miss back for a series, will give us more than one noncon to look forward to.

Yes, next season's noncon schedule is bad. Really bad. Almost as bad as the noncon schedule Florida plays every year.

well if this is the type of schedule Florida has, it seems to be working pretty well for them

Who cares, all the other teams line up cupcakes. I think next year is looking like a season where we should be expecting big things. Weak schedule, senior backfield, experienced receivers, 3 yrs into the Pelini project. I think we should be BCS bound, 2010 is the year we reclaim our spot at the table.

I care, obviously. :laughpound

It makes it very difficult for me to secretly look down my nose at those OTHER teams that beat their chests over their season records that include wins over teams like Sam Houston State, SE Missouri State, Furman, and the like.

Iowa State has Utah and Iowa in 2010, Iowa, Utah and Connecticut in 2011. Our "breather" game is against UNI...who could probably beat about everyone in the Big 10 and half the teams in the Big 12.

Our schedule over the next two years looks like it was made by Gene Simmons while the rest of the Big 12 team's non-conference schedule was made by Richard Simmons.

But...I guess everybody wants a piece of the surprise 2009 National Champion huh?

I hope by half you mean K-State and Texas A&M

Oh, and I add: I care also because how likely are any of these games to be televised? I see 4 PPV games to start the season. :(

I see Washington getting a little bit better than they were last season. If they can pull together 4-5 wins and get a little momentum for next season, the game should be on FSN or VS.