Greg Paulus

That 4.4 gets your attention for sure.

Being in Dukes program, SC program, the 90's Nebraska program gives you certain advantages, that others never see or understand.

Guidance, confidence, learning ability, how to train, how to eat, and four years to hone those attributes. I think he will do okay at S. Hypsman, most likely not, but he will be playing pretty good football by the end of the year is my guess. He most likley could have done well here with the RB's we have.

True world/National class athletes are different.

Football and basketball are a lot closer to being alike than baseball and basketball. Much easier transition is my guess to offset the Jordan deal. Plus Jordan was near the end of his athletic career. Youth works wonders my young friend.

This is a tuff one. Wherever Paulus went, I assume he intended to start. Otherwise what would be the point of playing college fb for one year just to sit on the bench.

He almost certainly would not have started her. Lee is much more familiar with the offence than Paulus could have ever been.

That being said, I do think Athleticism could sometimes overcome "rust".

Perfect example. Lebron James. I dont know if he has ever played a down of football in his life. But, he is a freak athlete. People all the time speculate how he could be as a tight-end in the NFL. Would Lebron ever even consider playing football? Hell no. But if he did, he could maybe get some playing time.

Players like Antonio Gates, who played both basketball and football, could be successful in both sports.

Athleticism is athleticism, plain and simple.

Lebron played Football in highschool and could have very well played it in college. Even if he started playing now I bet he would have some success because he is 6-9, 250 pounds and runs a 4.4

Can you imagine being maybe a 6' db and having that steaming down the feild at you? :o

This was a good choice for Paulus (he wouldn't start here), but it stings for us.

Can anyone dispute that we're shorthanded at QB right now? We're one injury away from a very scary situation.

LTW and CG should both be redshirting in ideal circumstances. One's an unpolished true freshman, the other was buried on the LB chart last year. Don't even mention Taylor.

Congratulations!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board Posting of the Day!

:clap:snacks:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board Posting of the Day![/url]

:clap:snacks:

Drowning, do you listen to the show on a consistent basis now? They've been taking more from Huskerboard lately.

I'll be looking for emails from Patrick. Watch your funny for those from a "Shane," though there are about four us out there...

"Why the f#*k is Shane walking in there?!"

Jen, 83

Read my post. I said that under no circumstance would I want him coming in. I did not want Keller and stated it many times, ask 37 about our comments years ago.

I was commenting on the descriptions of the individual, that I felt were out of place.

I said due to his talent he might push Lee during the season.

You are all putting a lot of faith in a 3rd string QB from last year with two pass completions. Not a lot of faith in him last year by this coaching staff. By attrition he becomes our starter (most likely) and he is a great addition.

If Kansas or Missouri, Colorado or KState were making these comments you would be throwing them under the bus for shear stupidity.

We have no idea if the kid can play at all, nothing proven on the field. Talent normally wins out was my thought.

I know the coaches are saying great things about him. But what do you expect them to say. We can not just bring in Farve like they do in the pros. Coach Speak my friends. Hope it isn't but he will have to prove it to me on the field. Ganz did it so it is possible. But the opposite is just as possible.

I was really really glad when I heard Helen signed with us.

As a Sophmore, He actually got me interested in ASU's program for the first time since I moved out here.

And I hate to admit it...but I was getting a little upset with our program with the handling of Solich, and Calahan liquidating the Walk-on program..Keller got me excited about our program again.

Didn't occur to me that putting him in a WCO would be like having a Thoroughbred pulling a plow.

Jen, 83

Read my post. I said that under no circumstance would I want him coming in. I did not want Keller and stated it many times, ask 37 about our comments years ago.

I was commenting on the descriptions of the individual, that I felt were out of place.

You are all putting a lot of faith in a 3rd string QB from last year with two pass completions. Not a lot of faith in him last year by this coaching staff. By attrition he becomes our starter (most likely) and he is a great addition.

If Kansas or Missouri, Colorado or KState were making these comments you would be throwing them under the bus for shear stupidity.

We have no idea if the kid can play at all, nothing proven on the field. Talent normally wins out was my thought.

I know the coaches are saying great things about him. But what do you expect them to say. We can not just bring in Farve like they do in the pros. Coach Speak my friends. Hope it isn't but he will have to prove it to me on the field. Ganz did it so it is possible. But the opposite is just as possible.

You bring up my biggest concern heading into the season. I realize Lee was injured for a while when he came to NU, but couldn't he have been studying the playbood even though he was injured? Supposedly, he was #3 last year because he didn't have the offense down like Witt did. With all the accolades he received from JuCo, I have no doubt he's athletically gifted. What concerns me is what is between his ears. I remember a very athletically gifted QB a few years back who was not gifted at all between the ears by the name of Jamal Lord.

If you truelly break down last year, I don't think the coaching staff had a lot of faith in either Witt or Lee. I'm afraid this year for Lee will either be boom or bust. If it's the latter, I don't have much faith in the coaching staff sticking with a converted LB to lead us through the rest of the year.

If he does the job, I see Green redshirting, but if he even looks vulnerable, Cody will get the chance to play very quickly.

I would rather burn the redshirt and get him some real experience if he is going to lead this team. Next year we have a good chance to be a contender, the more he knows the better our chances are is my guess.

I have nothing against Lee, but it just seems we all seem to believe he is the real deal. I have yet to see anything that cements that idea in my mind. I know the response is well the coachs say there is, but again, do you expect them to say he can not do the job and we are screwed.

I hope he comes around like Ganz did. But I really hope the coments by Wastson saying all three will be used at this time is the truth. I could care less about 5 years down the road, this year is what is important, win now that 5th year will be taken care of by recruiting if we lose our starter in 4.

This program needs wins now, to get us on the recruiting bandwagon. The youngsters need to know they have a shot at playing as a freshman. I just heard this morning, UCLA is starting two true freshmen on their Oline and one redshirt. Now that sounds good in some ways and horrendous in others.

If Cody is the real deal, and can play as a freshman then do it. If he does the job recruiting a QB to replace in 4 years will not be a problem.

Jen, 83

You bring up my biggest concern heading into the season. I realize Lee was injured for a while when he came to NU, but couldn't he have been studying the playbood even though he was injured? Supposedly, he was #3 last year because he didn't have the offense down like Witt did. With all the accolades he received from JuCo, I have no doubt he's athletically gifted. What concerns me is what is between his ears. I remember a very athletically gifted QB a few years back who was not gifted at all between the ears by the name of Jamal Lord.

If you truelly break down last year, I don't think the coaching staff had a lot of faith in either Witt or Lee. I'm afraid this year for Lee will either be boom or bust. If it's the latter, I don't have much faith in the coaching staff sticking with a converted LB to lead us through the rest of the year.

Well I remember several comments from Watson and Lee going into this Spring about how Lee rededicated himself to learning the system. We all know that Witt is an extremely bright individual, he probably just soaked it up quicker. Lee needed to dedicate himself a bit more to get it, which is sounds like he figured out last season watching Joe Ganz and then applied it in his off season preparation. I feel comfortable that Lee has a handle on this playbook, this coaching staff isn't one for mincing words so I have to believe them when they say he has full control of this offense and will be a very good player. Heck you could almost predict how the team would perform last season just by how Bo felt about the practices, praise isn't something they seem to hand out lightly and Lee sure is getting a lot from them.

Yeah against such an advanced opponent in Zac Lee with all his starts and career touchdowns. Lets not act like both of these guys aren't coming into the season with the same type of experience. Yeah Paulas has been away from the game but he was highly touted out of high school with many accolades. King of flop or not his competitiveness and willingness to win cannot be denied. I think it will be interesting to see what both of these first year quarterbacks do.

While Paulus was shooting hoops, Lee was completing 64% of his passes for 3,400 yards and 35 TDs en route to the California Jr. College Championship game. Paulus hasn't played competitive football in four years. Of their two resumes, Lee's is by far superior.

Not sure who will be better, but Crawford for KU was national Juco Offensive Player of the year, and did nothing for us at RB and is going to a small school next year because he can't get on the field. Obviously some Juco guys do great, but JUCO success does not guarantee anything.... Best wishes to em both...