Rex Burkhead Hype...

Personally, I was excited about Rex more than anyone else in the class. Bo got a bunch of great talents in this class but all the articles and videos about Rex were sensational. His videos blew me away (yes I understand all D-1 guys have good highlight reals but not like his - 4 years of them).

The articles are what really sold me though. Written by people in his home town and near by saying Rex became a favorite among everyone not only because of his great play on the field but what a special person he is off the field. When many people said Rex is their all time favorite Texas high school player, (which I read more than a few times) you know this kid has all the talent in the world.

I truly expect amazing things from this kid and can't wait to watch him get on the field. Maybe I've bought into the hype too much, but honestly, I don't care. Rex will be very special at Nebraska and we are lucky to have him.

I hope to be doing this :worship many times throughout his career.

With these troubling recurring injuries to Helu, Burkhead is almost certain to see the field this year. It seems like we haven't gone more than a month of practice or regular season without hearing some mention of some minor injury for Helu. Having a guy with that "wow!" factor ready to come in if Helu has to sit out a half or a game is a nice luxury to have.

White Running Back?

Really? There are tons of white running backs playing college football across the country. I really wish people would leave that BS alone. If a kid can ball they can ball.

Rex reminds me of a much faster Marlon Lucky. Runs the ball well to the outside and has great straight line speed. However he look very stiff in and out of breaks and through the tackles he runs very high.

I've watched a lot of his high school tape and on the plays that he went through the middle he never had contact till 5 or 10 yards down the field.

Kind of interesting that he is one of the few first team All State 5A running backs to not get an offer from either Oklahoma or Texas.

Granted all of the following should be taken with a grain of salt because he hasn't played a down of college football...

but...

Is Rex Burkhead the real deal? I remember people saying this guy was a top player in the nation talent, but quite frankly being a white RB hurt him and feeling he couldn't be a RB labeled him a "Guy with no position"

I just can't believe how much people are talking about him. Not only the media, who pretty much immediately labeled him as a Freshmen who will play in 09 but also Watson assuring people that Burkhead WILL play in 09 in some capacity.

Even tonight Lane Grindle, who I think is great but can get carried away with seeing Red sometimes, but he was saying how he thinks he would take a guy like Burkhead who will work his ass off and play hard for 4 years over Bryce Brown who was the nations top player.

I guess I just over looked Rex, what do you guys think? Are you buying the hype do you think Rex is as good as advertised?

You mean Superman?

GhZY5_adQLk

edit: thanks for the help, man.

Granted all of the following should be taken with a grain of salt because he hasn't played a down of college football...

but...

Is Rex Burkhead the real deal? I remember people saying this guy was a top player in the nation talent, but quite frankly being a white RB hurt him and feeling he couldn't be a RB labeled him a "Guy with no position"

I just can't believe how much people are talking about him. Not only the media, who pretty much immediately labeled him as a Freshmen who will play in 09 but also Watson assuring people that Burkhead WILL play in 09 in some capacity.

Even tonight Lane Grindle, who I think is great but can get carried away with seeing Red sometimes, but he was saying how he thinks he would take a guy like Burkhead who will work his ass off and play hard for 4 years over Bryce Brown who was the nations top player.

I guess I just over looked Rex, what do you guys think? Are you buying the hype do you think Rex is as good as advertised?

What? Have you never seen Forrest Gump?

Personally, I was excited about Rex more than anyone else in the class. Bo got a bunch of greats talent in this class but all the articles and videos about Rex were sensational. His videos blew me away (yes I understand all D-1 guys have good highlight reals but not like his - 4 years of them).

The articles are what really sold me though. Written by people in his home town and near by saying Rex became a favorite among everyone not only because of his great play on the field but what a special person he is off the field. When many people said Rex is their all time favorite Texas high school player, (which I read more than a few times) you know this kid has all the talent in the world.

I truly expect amazing things from this kid and can't wait to watch him get on the field. Maybe I've bought into the hype too much, but honestly, I don't care. Rex will be very special at Nebraska and we are lucky to have him.

I hope to be doing this :worship many times throughout his career.

My thoughts exactly. We'll have to wait and see, but I really see Rex as the top player of last year's class, a total steal.