Castille..

Blatantly spreading deceitful and slanderous rumors should be a banable offense.

I'd go for that.

It's stuff like this which makes people hesitant to believe those here who have real information, but who are unable to cite a source for whatever reason. To those of you who fit this description, if anyone questions you about an injury or anything "inside," this is why. It's not personal.

Helu said he expects him back soon.

Quote:

"I don't know," Helu said of Castille's status. "You'll have to ask him or Coach. We don't know. I think he's doing some recovery type of stuff also like I was doing, but other than that, I think he should be back soon."

Also, like another poster said, he was at practice just not in pads.

Probably rehab... :sarcasm

No word on Castille

Junior running back Quentin Castille sat out of Friday's first practice, but no one would say exactly why.

With head coach Bo Pelini not speaking to the media after practice, no other Nebraska coach or player wanted to touch the topic of Castille's absence.

Husker receivers coach Ted Gilmore was the lone offensive coach to address the media group after practice, but he wasn't going to divulge any explanation on the subject.

"What about him?" Gilmore asked when asked about Castille.

Did he practice today?

"Nope."

Is he hurt?

"No response. He just wasn't out there."

So reporters then turned to fellow junior running back Roy Helu for an answer. As could be expected, Helu didn't provide much insight outside of guesses that he was being held out for recovery reasons, similar to how Helu sat out with tightness in his hamstring.

"I don't know," Helu said of Castille's status. "You'll have to ask him or Coach. We don't know. I think he's doing some recovery type of stuff also like I was doing, but other than that, I think he should be back soon."

Pelini is scheduled to talk to the media following Saturday's practice, so an official answer to Castille's situation will likely have to wait until then.

- Robin Washut