Castille..

Well I wonder if it has anything to do with the rumors were heard about a month ago with Q's status this year being questionable.

To me the timing is weird because if it were something serious I think it would've been known before camp and he wouldn't have been practicing. It seems more like he violated some kind of team rule, possibly skipping a meeting or being late?

Hopefully we find out soon because I was really looking foward to seeing Q this year, the pics from fall camp are pretty impressive with the shape he is in.

Man I was listening to 1620 the zone today and Kevin said something like well that is if Castille's playing this year and then there was pretty much dead silence for the next 10 seconds. I was thinking man that's an odd statement he's not even hurt from what I have heard why wouldn't he be playing? If this is true, that takes our running game back quite a bit IMO and I would be completely f'n pissed!!!

Man I was listening to 1620 the zone today and Kevin said something like well that is if Castille's playing this year and then there was pretty much dead silence for the next 10 seconds. I was thinking man that's an odd statement he's not even hurt from what I have heard why wouldn't he be playing? If this is true, that takes our running game back quite a bit IMO and I would be completely f'n pissed!!!

I wouldn't put a whole lot of substance behind Kevin and Mike'l. A few weeks back they let slip something about one of the players that made the board go a little crazy, and we found out it wasn't even anything worth drooling over once it was announced in the papers.

And if he does go out, while we do lose some experience, we have a stable of running backs. Jones, Okafor, Ward, and Burkhead could all be seen at that number two spot.

And I think if he were 'booted' from the team, as others have been saying, he wouldn't have been on the field in a practice jersey and shorts.

I'm going to try to stay positive on this matter....Is it a fair assessment knowing the high expectations Bo Pelini puts on his players to be diciplined, that if it were something bad that he would even allow him to be present at practice? I think if it were something major, I can only speculate that Pelini wouldn't even allow him to be present. Just my guess for what it's worth....

I heard someon say before that disclosing someone's medical information is unethical and you could get sued and go to the big house. :sarcasm

It is totally possible if it was marijuana to test that many times since it takes so long to get out your system. If you smoked heavily while you where at home then brought a little back to school and puffed a few on the weekend three straight weeks in a row totally possible. :blink:

I don't get the impression that Castille is off the team. Maybe he violated a team rule (pure speculation) or maybe he's dinged up like Helu was. A Helu quote makes me think this isn't worth too much worry:

Helu said Castille’s intensity helps push him.

“I mean it, he’s really good,” Helu said. “This season you’ll see.”

Helu said this yesterday, around the time this thread was ramping up. He also said this:

Fellow first-teamer Roy Helu did shed some light today on Castille's situation.

I think he's doing some recovery-type stuff also, like I was doing,” Helu said.

I underlined the "I think" part because he may not have been told what's going on, so he may be speculating.

Bottom line, to me, is that Helu isn't the type of kid who would lie to the press. If he says we'll see how good Q is "this season," I have to believe he knows what he's talking about and we'll see him out there.

Maybe Q is dinged up. Maybe he's dealing with some things off the field. But it doesn't sound like he's going to miss much time, if any game time at all.

the 5 times failed a test is ridiculous, i can't believe Bo would put up with that from any player.....we shall see today, but if there is a problem it is not a good thing to have right now. this is just a plain bummer....you also have to wonder if this was coming, as Burkhead is being projected by the coaches to play..

i think some internal decisions had been made weeks ago, i think something has been coming down for awhile now, too much circumstance around this issue.