Castille..

If Castille's off, where does that put Mendoza?

If Castille isn't off, where does that put Mendoza?

The WR corps looks so logjammed I wonder if Mendoza wouldn't be better served back in the RB role, being that #3 or #4 guy - as we like to use RBs so much - and also splitting out into the slot every once in a while to stretch the field.

The WR corps looks so logjammed I wonder if Mendoza wouldn't be better served back in the RB role, being that #3 or #4 guy - as we like to use RBs so much - and also splitting out into the slot every once in a while to stretch the field.

No, not with Burkhead and Ward. Plus Mendoza hasn't done any RB work since last year.

I very, very much doubt Castille is kicked off the team. It's most likely an injury issue. If he was kicked off the team he wouldn't be hanging around practice in a jersey. My best guess is he's dinged up and they're being cautious just like with Helu.

If he violated a team rule and it wasn't an injury I imagine he'd just sit out the first game(s) or half or something, and he'd still be practicing. If he was in legal trouble it's doubtful he'd be in a jersey at practice, unless it's a really murky situation. Let's hope it's a tight hamstring or sore ankle.

I've heard he's suspended for the first two games for violating team rules.

I wonder why he's not practicing, then? Wouldn't they want him to stay in practice, even though he's not playing? I guess I don't know how that works.

If this is true, 1) he's a bonehead for doing such a thing, and 2) we're going to see if the Burkhead hype is real right away.

Of course, since Helu can run like a 3.87 40, I doubt we'll need another running back. :)

No, not with Burkhead and Ward. Plus Mendoza hasn't done any RB work since last year.

Mendoza was with the RBs today.

Mendoza practicing with the RB's today doesn't bode to well for Q. Also probably means the staff isn't ready to give Burkhead the #2 role. I was excited to see what Mendoza could bring to the field at WR, but he can also be dangerous with his speed from the backfield. Guess we'll know "officially" (part of it anyway) in about an hour.

Mendoza practicing with the RB's today doesn't bode to well for Q. Also probably means the staff isn't ready to give Burkhead the #2 role. I was excited to see what Mendoza could bring to the field at WR, but he can also be dangerous with his speed from the backfield. Guess we'll know "officially" (part of it anyway) in about an hour.

The move with Mendoza likely means they aren't comfortable with Ward/Robinson/Okafor/Jones in the No. 3 role.

the move with Mendoza probably means Q is out, at least for awhile, if not longer. i am sure Helu was praising him (Q) to make him feel better, no one said this was easy, Lucky, Beck and others have not handled NOT being the star very well either, could this be the case again?

if it is, it makes me even more proud of how Ganz held it together will Cally played his favorite......you have to wonder about kids today, that think they should be the star and when not handed it, take a step backwards...team players are what we need.