Castille..

For what its worth this just really stinks!!!I came home last night after work and see on huskerpedia that Q had not praticed since wensday. So when I read that one of the coaches had said that he had no comment I knew then and there that it wasnt good. So when I got home tonight and finally found out that he was kicked off the team, my stomach then just turned into so many knots that i just wanted to throw up. To see someone like him being kicked off the team just hurts!! But on the other hand im sure coach Bo had a difficult time doing such a thing to a great player it goes to show that anyone and he means anyone that does not go by team rules will no longer be apart of the team.

BUT DAM THIS STILL SUCKS!!!!!

For what its worth this just really stinks!!!I came home last night after work and see on huskerpedia that Q had not praticed since wensday. So when I read that one of the coaches had said that he had no comment I knew then and there that it wasnt good. So when I got home tonight and finally found out that he was kicked off the team, my stomach then just turned into so many knots that i just wanted to throw up. To see someone like him being kicked off the team just hurts!! But on the other hand im sure coach Bo had a difficult time doing such a thing to a great player it goes to show that anyone and he means anyone that does not go by team rules will no longer be apart of the team.

BUT DAM THIS STILL SUCKS!!!!!

I'm absolutely positive Bo hated this...but you have to have standards. This is a guy that wants to win BAD, but isn't willing to sell the program short to do it. If there is anyone uncertain of the standards that Pelini lays out, it sure as hell isn't his players. How can anyone not understand Bo? Love him or hate him, he wants something, do it, or go play sand volleyball or something.

ATTN Foppa:

Yankees Suck. Donkeys Suck. Go KC!

Very profound. When the Chefs muster up a Superbowl, which is like the Cubs winning something meaningful in the last 100 years, or the Royals, who I do love, can clone #5 and do anything meaningful. Probably the worst sports town in america...unless you like NASCAR...but that's probably why Kansas City likes NASCAR so much...it's not a real sport that has 'Kansas City' attatched to the winner, and someone has to win, so all the hicks are gullible enough to embrace whoever can win something there, and be excited about it. Built a nice arena downtown and no one to play anything other than exhibition there. Wow. How's that working out?

Hopefully A-Gord can heal up and maybe Billy Butler, Betancourt, Teahen, and Olivo can get some pitching help next year from more than Zack. I hate seeing the Royals struggle.

so when are we going to know what happened?

Same time the world ends.

And same time we find out about Cody Glenn..???

The only good thing about this is recruiting. ...

Unless it gets out that it WAS because of blunt.

Good luck trying to get a Florida kid then. :hellloooo

My understanding from people thus far is that it was 5 failed drug tests in 8 months, most likely with pot. While the NCAA has testing rules, apparently the AD has their own testing terms as well, and they've been doing it more frequently with Q. He just hasn't stopped, so he was kicked off.

The issue I'm hearing is that they just kicked him off without trying to get him any help, like counseling or anything. Don't send him to rehab, etc, etc. People are thinking it'll be hurtful for recruiting, and that Bo's setting a bad precedent. It's the team a lot, but sh#t, Q, get your head straight.

PJD

Castille is out, and Burkhead is #2.

sooo going back to the first post that started it all... was it a 5thhhhhhh failed drug screen?? so what does that mean...?? that Castille like to smoke some bud??

I cant believe he was right. But somehow I doubt that was his 5th failed drug test.

Maybe they repeated the test several times to make sure it was a positive.

I'm guessing he might have tested positive..they repeated it two more times, then brought him in for another sample..then repeated analysis on the resample for verification =5 failed tests

At least we now know where the line is. Four failures is ok. Five not so much.

Hey who died and made you huskerboard ethics president that is Husker Jens job! :sarcasm

:sarcasm

I'm soooo sorry!

We should automatically believe any random stranger who posts the most outrageous things here with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Chalk me up as another that thinks HuskerJenn is wrong on this one. The "most outrageous" thing turned out to be true so obviously it wasn't all that outrageous. Only discussing things that have been posted on a newspaper website makes for a pretty dull board. If someone knows information that person is a source and can say what they know. They shouldn't have to wait for only sources that work for the newspapers sites to post it before they can comment on it or disclose what they know.

And leaving the board open to every single rumor that is heard turns this place into Rumorville, which really soured some people on HuskerBoard a couple of years ago.

HuskerJen was absolutely correct in her assessment here, and the OP has NOT been shown to be true. The guy claimed Castille failed five drug tests. There has been zero proof that he failed five drug tests. We can all speculate, but until we have evidence to back it up, it's just another rumor.

How hard would it have been for someone to post that Q was kicked off the team for his fifth street racing bust? Or his five hundredth alleged parking ticket? Or anything else? And what, you're going to believe it, without proof? Or is Q getting kicked off the team proof that he has unpaid parking tickets?

Fact is I WAS RIGHT about him being off the team, 24 hours BEFORE anyone else. That doesn't mean I am right about the drugs but my track record on this so far is 100%. IMO Bo will not throw the guy8 under the bus for it. If not law was broken he can say whatever he wants. But answer me this, what else would he be KICKED off the team for, I for one would not think it was for 500 parking tickets. Also unpaid parking tickets would be a lgeal matter, open to anyone with the time to find out. Someone failing a drug test, while never being caught with drugs is not a legal matter, it is for the NCAA, UNL, and the Team to enforce. So your arugment is not valid.

You were right on. Thanks for posting.

People need to realize that sometimes the source may not have 1000+ posts on Huskerboard (*checks T-Shirt), but they may have lab with Castille. Don't bastardize people like this. And don't expect them to have credible news links. The LJS and OWH will have them when they get confirmation from coach, but guys like this is 33% why message boards exist.

'Smashmouth Football Baby' post='454670' date='Aug 22 2009, 02:44 PM']

Herbie.JPG

Whatever it was our team is better off without the guy. Could have been performance enhancers, smoke, underage girls, booze or maybe a growing attitude problem.

You don't cut a solid back like Quentin Castille unless you are 100% convinced that he a detriment to the organization and that you can fill his void with talent. As much as we loved his hard hitting style, he was not a wunderkind and he had no fifth gear.

There is one thing about our stable of young backs that we don't know yet. Who is the guy that can simply make things happen when the world is watching and the crowd in Blacksburg is trying to drown out the audible?

Sounds like the coaches are confident they have one. I'm sure there are a couple more in there.

Nice Avitar! :clap

'Smashmouth Football Baby'???

If that's your real name! <_<

I guess the thing I will miss the most about Q is the plays he might have had in the next two years that would have reminded me of our "Smashmouth years" <_< and the hope that we could again reach that level of throwing the fear of pain (or God) in our opponents.

Now...I'm a little afraid of Helu trying to make up for the loss and/or getting hurt if the coaches try to turn him into an everydown back.

The key will probably be how the O-line performs..especially early.

Who is the Castille you are talking about.

Time to move on. We have adequate backs to do the job.

Trust in Bo, again he has done the right thing.

He is trying to clean up the program. Getting quality character here.

Again who is this person you are talking about.

Out of sight out of mind.

Concentrate on the positives.

A freshman starting or sharing starting role is a fantastic thought

Move on.

Dang, 'skers.

Way to make me feel like I support a football factory.

Where we don't care about the individual...just what can you do or "what have you done for me lately"?

This was handled in the correct manner. Story came out and was nixed until it had legs.

Please stop bickering with one and other. We are where we are.

Mebbie so.. <_<

7750506775144.jpg

"We are who we think we were"

But until I see the Burkheads "Rexy fingerprints" lifted off the brownie pan...I might be a little skeptical.

Butt...

Keep posting the breaking news fellas/wimmen.

I had to 1st hear about this in an email from my older Sister.

(But she included a link, so it wasn't like the whole world didn't already know about it..besides me :dumdum )

I wonder if other big 12 schools will take a look... I think Mizzou is going to be on him like white on rice.

I have faith Bo had his reasons for dismissing him, but acting with NO regard for the Unity Council seems like a Callahan move to me... Bo, WTF?!

:wtf

Breeding negitivity like that especially now that we are in our second year of a coach that has thus far proved he has and will do what he says is not good for the board, fans or team right now. Bo has not given me a reason to doubt his ethics or decision making. He is here to do a job and if letting Q go is best for the team then im all for it. I wish him the best... but our coaching staff has a much broader look on where things stand with our depth, talent ect... than we do as fans and in that i will trust.

I want to say we will win the north but I will take it game to game and bleed husker red along the way I say we have had enough even on here so maybe its time to lock this thread and move on. just a thought....