Castille..

I see your point and agree wild speculation isn't good, but the underlying reason Castille got kicked off isn't a huge secret. I do wish him the best in the future

So are you saying that the drug test(s) story is correct?

Props to the original poster for the news updates. As others have said, this place would be really boring if all anyone did was regurgitate newpaper articles.

p.s. This really sucks. The backfield better stay healthy or we've got some serious problems. I know that Bo swings a big bat, but I have to wonder why there couldn't have been a suspension at some point(as a "wake up call") before the dismissal. Grrrrrrrrrr

Apparently Tim Griffin knows something about this...

Castille's departure could be huge loss for Cornhuskers

August 22, 2009 6:24 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

The announcement earlier today by Nebraska coach Bo Pelini that junior I-back Quentin Castille was kicked off the team sent shock waves shooting through the Nebraska program.

The move is potentially very big for the Cornhuskers.

Castille had come on strongly late in his freshman season and was expected to be a big contributor for Nebraska this season. While I doubt he would have beaten out Roy Helu Jr. for the starting job, Castille still would have provided depth and accentuated the team's biggest offensive strength.

It wasn't out of realm of possibility that Castille could have provided 700 or 800 yards from his back-up position. And his departure places further pressure on untested Nebraska starting quarterback Zac Lee.

Castille had been a headache for Pelini in terms of discipline problems throughout his time at Nebraska. He left the program for several weeks earlier in the summer and returned to his home in Texas, professing that the move had made him ready to play under Pelini's rules when he returned.

Also, an arrest warrant was issued for Castille earlier this year after he failed to appear in court on traffic violations. He was later fined for a missing license plate.

"It's pretty black and white, my expectations and what we lay out as a staff," Pelini told reporters when he made the announcement. "And if someone doesn't follow those policies and guidelines, they're no longer going to be with the football team. And that's the case with Quentin."

His departure means there's an immediate opening behind Helu as the Cornhuskers' No. 2 I-back. Freshman Rex Burkhead has looked good in early practices and will inherit the role.

Austin Jones, Dontrayevous Robinson, Lester Ward and Collins Okafor all will be in the mix at running back. None of the backs behind Helu have a carry at the college level.

Also, look for Marcus Mendoza to immediately surface back in the mix at running back after spending the previous time at camp at wide receiver in a move that Pelini claimed was unrelated to Castille's ouster.

"We were moving Marcus back there anyway," Pelini said. "It was more of his choice."

Now, he's got a shot at immediate playing time in the Huskers' backfield -- along with a lot of other players.

The bolded part, had anybody else heard this?

Also, when I was in college if a guy tested positive for any banned substance they were immediately held out of practice and tested again to make sure it wasn't a false positive. That makes perfect sense, and unless it was a performance enhancer the NCAA wouldn't be involved. Weed does make sense.

I'm just stating personal experience that could relate, not accusing anyone before I get accused of libel or something Knapp, j/k man. LOL

Yeah, I am not sure about all the second guessing of Bo. Since almost know one knows the details of what happened, it seems strange to lambaste Bo... SInce most coaches are fond of winning, and Q would be a huge help toward that end, I would assume he desrves the boot he got. It is not like BO would just arbitrarily drop one of his best players. I am not sayng he was right, since I do not know all the details, but I would be it was well deserved.

OMG! well, if Tim Griffin from ESPN sez it, by gawd it must be true!

give me a break, what gives this idiot any crediability in reporting on NU and Pelini's players...this guy don't know jac! sensational, fictious reporting.......name your sources Tim??!! Pelini's gold fish....? <_<

Dude, simmer down.

Holy sh#t, I just found it and asked if anyone else had heard it. He is from Texas and does cover B12 for ESPN. I suppose it could have some basis.

Normally he is a tool, I just don't want you to have health problems because of this article. :)

Yep, I was right. That should stop him from going to Mizzou or a rival in conference.

Castille could still go to Missouri, or any other Big 12 school. He never redshirted and so the two year wait would comprise his redshirt year and one year of eligibility. Then he'd have one year to play.

I'm just saying it is still possible.

ATTN Foppa:

Yankees Suck. Donkeys Suck. Go KC!

Very profound. When the Chefs muster up a Superbowl, which is like the Cubs winning something meaningful in the last 100 years, or the Royals, who I do love, can clone #5 and do anything meaningful. Probably the worst sports town in america...unless you like NASCAR...but that's probably why Kansas City likes NASCAR so much...it's not a real sport that has 'Kansas City' attatched to the winner, and someone has to win, so all the hicks are gullible enough to embrace whoever can win something there, and be excited about it. Built a nice arena downtown and no one to play anything other than exhibition there. Wow. How's that working out?

Hopefully A-Gord can heal up and maybe Billy Butler, Betancourt, Teahen, and Olivo can get some pitching help next year from more than Zack. I hate seeing the Royals struggle.

Or if all of the other teams get swine flu

give me a break, what gives this idiot any credibility in reporting on NU and Pelini's players...this guy don't know jac! sensational, factious reporting.......name your sources Tim??!! Pelini's gold fish....? <_<

Dude, simmer down.

Holy sh#t, I just found it and asked if anyone else had heard it. He is from Texas and does cover B12 for ESPN. I suppose it could have some basis.

Normally he is a tool, I just don't want you to have health problems because of this article. :)

hey man, here's the deal. i don't care what this guy sez, it's no big deal......but think about it. all of a sudden an authority on the Huskers, Pelini and Castille pops out of the woodwork, when things suddenly erupt and he claims he knew there were problems all along with Castille.....this guy also has some beach front property for sale in Arizona too.....interested??

give me a break, what gives this idiot any credibility in reporting on NU and Pelini's players...this guy don't know jac! sensational, factious reporting.......name your sources Tim??!! Pelini's gold fish....? <_<

Dude, simmer down.

hey man, here's the deal. i don't care what this guy sez, it's no big deal......but think about it. all of a sudden an authority on the Huskers, Pelini and Castille pops out of the woodwork, when things suddenly erupt and he claims he knew there were problems all along with Castille.....this guy also has some beach front property for sale in Arizona too.....interested??

That story has been out for a long time. I beleive LJS reported on it first. It's not a big secret that he went home to workout with his uncle. Maybe his uncle was putting something extra in his protein shakes.

I know it's ESPN, but the stroy is accurate.

Where in the Husker Rule book does it say the coach owes us and explanation?

The only person requireing an explanation was Castille. I am sure he got one.

ILjamus or what ever your screen name is, what makes you the authority on what Coach Pelini did or didn't do. Every thing you are saying is totally bull if you do not have proof of it.

Rumors just because you think that is what happened.

I have stopped reading your drivel.

And no, ask anyone on here, I am not the Bo flavored Kool Aid drinker. Most likely his largest detractor since his name was brought up to coach the team.

No reason to destroy the kids future with another team. It is the kids choice to tell his side if he so decides, if he does not, then my guess is he feels he was treated fairly.

See Cody Glenn.

p.s. This really sucks. The backfield better stay healthy or we've got some serious problems. I know that Bo swings a big bat, but I have to wonder why there couldn't have been a suspension at some point(as a "wake up call") before the dismissal. Grrrrrrrrrr

I think that if Bo Pelini in your face a couple of times is not a wake up call, then you ain't waking up any time soon.