Castille..

this is bullsh*t. we needed him...BAD, he cant be replaced with burkhead, not even close... no other FB was as good as him.... straight bull

Well regardless...he does need to be replaced! Whether you like it or not, someone has to fill in. :dunno

this is bullsh*t. we needed him...BAD, he cant be replaced with burkhead, not even close... no other FB was as good as him.... straight bull

Well regardless...he does need to be replaced! Whether you like it or not, someone has to fill in. :dunno

you are correct, someone HAS to fill in, and they will, but they wont be as good as QC... so sad. but it happens. man i wonder whats going to happen to him, maybe pelini lets him back next year, lol??

Hey who died and made you huskerboard ethics president that is Husker Jens job! :sarcasm

:sarcasm

I'm soooo sorry!

We should automatically believe any random stranger who posts the most outrageous things here with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Chalk me up as another that thinks HuskerJenn is wrong on this one. The "most outrageous" thing turned out to be true so obviously it wasn't all that outrageous. Only discussing things that have been posted on a newspaper website makes for a pretty dull board. If someone knows information that person is a source and can say what they know. They shouldn't have to wait for only sources that work for the newspapers sites to post it before they can comment on it or disclose what they know.

And leaving the board open to every single rumor that is heard turns this place into Rumorville, which really soured some people on HuskerBoard a couple of years ago.

HuskerJen was absolutely correct in her assessment here, and the OP has NOT been shown to be true. The guy claimed Castille failed five drug tests. There has been zero proof that he failed five drug tests. We can all speculate, but until we have evidence to back it up, it's just another rumor.

How hard would it have been for someone to post that Q was kicked off the team for his fifth street racing bust? Or his five hundredth alleged parking ticket? Or anything else? And what, you're going to believe it, without proof? Or is Q getting kicked off the team proof that he has unpaid parking tickets?

I see your point and agree wild speculation isn't good, but the underlying reason Castille got kicked off isn't a huge secret. I do wish him the best in the future

Hey who died and made you huskerboard ethics president that is Husker Jens job! :sarcasm

:sarcasm

I'm soooo sorry!

We should automatically believe any random stranger who posts the most outrageous things here with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Chalk me up as another that thinks HuskerJenn is wrong on this one. The "most outrageous" thing turned out to be true so obviously it wasn't all that outrageous. Only discussing things that have been posted on a newspaper website makes for a pretty dull board. If someone knows information that person is a source and can say what they know. They shouldn't have to wait for only sources that work for the newspapers sites to post it before they can comment on it or disclose what they know.

And leaving the board open to every single rumor that is heard turns this place into Rumorville, which really soured some people on HuskerBoard a couple of years ago.

HuskerJen was absolutely correct in her assessment here, and the OP has NOT been shown to be true. The guy claimed Castille failed five drug tests. There has been zero proof that he failed five drug tests. We can all speculate, but until we have evidence to back it up, it's just another rumor.

How hard would it have been for someone to post that Q was kicked off the team for his fifth street racing bust? Or his five hundredth alleged parking ticket? Or anything else? And what, you're going to believe it, without proof? Or is Q getting kicked off the team proof that he has unpaid parking tickets?

Fact is I WAS RIGHT about him being off the team, 24 hours BEFORE anyone else. That doesn't mean I am right about the drugs but my track record on this so far is 100%. IMO Bo will not throw the guy under the bus for it. If not law was broken he can say whatever he wants. But answer me this, what else would he be KICKED off the team for, I for one would not think it was for 500 parking tickets. Also unpaid parking tickets would be a lgeal matter, open to anyone with the time to find out. Someone failing a drug test, while never being caught with drugs is not a legal matter, it is for the NCAA, UNL, and the Team to enforce. So your arugment is not valid.

Don't worry...While I was sitting on the grassy knoll waiting to take my shot, I saw him surrounded by a haze of green smoke. ;)

Fact is I WAS RIGHT about him being off the team, 24 hours BEFORE anyone else. That doesn't mean I am right about the drugs but my track record on this so far is 100%. IMO Bo will not throw the guy under the bus for it. If not law was broken he can say whatever he wants. But answer me this, what else would he be KICKED off the team for, I for one would not think it was for 500 parking tickets.

Uhhh... BUUUUZZZZZ!!!!! You were right about him being kicked off the team. Show me where he was kicked off for failed drug tests? That makes you 50% correct, sport. He could have been kicked off the team for selling his gear. He could have been kicked off the team for being chronically late to team meetings. He could have been kicked off for any number of things, including parking tickets.

This is the problem with rumors. People are so used to them that if there's even a shred of truth about them, they begin to accept them as fact. Fact is, he's a kid who just got an emotional sock in the gut, and you're here on a public message board accusing him, without ONE SHRED of proof, of using drugs.

You want to be hailed as some kind of hero? Sell it somewhere else, pal. Here, you're just a rumormonger who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut about someone else's life.

Fact is I WAS RIGHT about him being off the team, 24 hours BEFORE anyone else. That doesn't mean I am right about the drugs but my track record on this so far is 100%. IMO Bo will not throw the guy under the bus for it. If not law was broken he can say whatever he wants. But answer me this, what else would he be KICKED off the team for, I for one would not think it was for 500 parking tickets.

Uhhh... BUUUUZZZZZ!!!!! You were right about him being kicked off the team. Show me where he was kicked off for failed drug tests? That makes you 50% correct, sport. He could have been kicked off the team for selling his gear. He could have been kicked off the team for being chronically late to team meetings. He could have been late for any number of things, including parking tickets.

This is the problem with rumors. People are so used to them that if there's even a shred of truth about them, they begin to accept them as fact. Fact is, he's a kid who just got an emotional sock in the gut, and you're here on a public message board accusing him, without ONE SHRED of proof, of using drugs. That makes you... well, that makes you something fit for the Woodshed, that's what that makes you.

You want to be hailed as some kind of hero? Sell it somewhere else, pal. Here, you're just a rumormonger who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut about someone else's life.

Ouch! I do have to say that this isn't really something to be excited about knowing. I'd rather have inside info on a Husker winning the Heisman before it happens than being booted from the team.

Fact is I WAS RIGHT about him being off the team, 24 hours BEFORE anyone else. That doesn't mean I am right about the drugs but my track record on this so far is 100%. IMO Bo will not throw the guy under the bus for it. If not law was broken he can say whatever he wants. But answer me this, what else would he be KICKED off the team for, I for one would not think it was for 500 parking tickets. Also unpaid parking tickets would be a lgeal matter, open to anyone with the time to find out. Someone failing a drug test, while never being caught with drugs is not a legal matter, it is for the NCAA, UNL, and the Team to enforce. So your arugment is not valid.

Please seek out the nearest hospital outpatient facility because I'm afraid you've fractured your humerus, radius and ulna patting yourself on the back.

Look, this is painfully simple. We've had guys around here before who claimed all this insider info that turned out to be piss worthless. The internet has got trolls-a-dozen, so without at least a reasonable explanation to back up why you've got privileged information, expect to get flack for posting questionable insights.

An LJS/OWH source isn't required, but if someone shows up and says, "I've got the insider track––Lee just got abducted by aliens who replaced his bones with titanium so he won't get injured," we'll be less than enthusiastic. Now if you've got video or the old skeleton, that's another story.

I dont expect or need an apology. I understand the want/need for some sort of confirmation. I CANNOT and WILL NOT give out my source. I am sure the Athletic Department knows this was leaked. Bo hates leaks, and I believe has fired people for leaking info, so for me to tell the source would be foolish, weather it was in the Athletic Department, Coaching staff, or local Media. My loyalty is to them not you. When I heard the news I found it important enough to share, and I know the insulating factor between this post and the source is enough to keep everyone hidden.

As for being call a Troll, I know I dont post often, but I have been on this board for almost two years, so I dont like being lumped in with people like that. I too lived through the last days of Peterson and Cally. The posts from IBR, wild rumors and such. In fact I was wrong in a post I had back then that I thought was "fact".

In the end we all found out about an event on the team almost 24 hrs before any local media reported it. Take it for what it is worth.

:boxosoap

Look man, I wasn't calling you a troll, and I wasn't even talking to you specifically. We've had a lot of rumor stuff appear on this board before. Some of it is legit, some of it is bullsh#t. Every time it happens, though, you've got a fifty-fifty split between believers and nonbelievers. Usually the naysayers scream for a source, then this same stupid conversation happens all over again.

Hence my post, hence my point. I didn't believe your or disbelieve you. I'm glad you posted. Gives me something to do with my time. But please, for everyone's sake, there's no reason to get upset or feel validated. You know someone close to the situation? Great. You might have mentioned that in the original post, but whatever. We all know now.

Folks, please stay on topic. The topic is Q's dismissal - not whether someone was right about the reason or whether he should have posted in the first place.

When it first came out, we locked the thread as there was not yet anything to substantiate it and leaving it open would result in bickering over the ethics of the post, the source, and other irrelevant issues. Once some other information came out indicating there was possibly something to it, we reopened it. That's all over and done - let's move on.

Thanks.

The OP comes out and says "Bo hates leaks," then states that his "source" could be fired for such a leak. I'm going to side with Bo and the team on this stuff, every single time. If the source here could get fired for this information, why doesn't that translate to people that maybe they shouldn't post it? It's not their business, it's Q's business and Bo's business.

Just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we should do a thing. Exercise some judgment before disclosing things that you have no business disclosing. It's called integrity.

The OP comes out and says "Bo hates leaks," then states that his "source" could be fired for such a leak. I'm going to side with Bo and the team on this stuff, every single time. If the source here could get fired for this information, why doesn't that translate to people that maybe they shouldn't post it? It's not their business, it's Q's business and Bo's business.

Just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we should do a thing. Exercise some judgment before disclosing things that you have no business disclosing. It's called integrity.

Enough. We've asked that the issue be dropped. Any further posts off-topic get deleted.

In before the lock!! :)

:lol:

I just want to send out a thanks to knapplc - his post, which I quoted, was made just after I made mine. In other words, he was typing his as mine hit the Board. He PM'ed me to offer to take it down. We appreciate that kind of attitude; it's what helps make this Board a great place to be.