Castille..

Come on, to say Q's loss isn't a big one is being disingenuous. NU just took a huge hit in their running game, and now there is even more pressure on Helu to carry the load. A load that Q was more than capable of carrying when Lucky wasn't getting the job done last season.

As good as Roy Helu is, I don't see our running game getting off to the great start many Husker fans where hoping for. Mendoza's speed will help, but there is no one in the backfield right now that can match Q's size and physicality. This loss will hurt us, especially early part of the season.

All true. This really does suck. And yes, losing Castille hurts our running game. A lot. I can’t help but think that the Bobfather would have found a way to keep Castille on the roster. Even TO might have. Things like this, and the Cody Glenn issue from last year, make me wonder about Bo. Oh, I still support him. I just wonder if he knows how to handle things behind the scenes, subtley instead of just napalming the whole situation. :hmmph

I have to agree there. We can really only speculate as to what his offense was, but I don't think there's any way keeping him on board would have "ruined" the season as some have said.

Huge HUGE loss in my opinion.

when if's and but's are candy and nuts--we'll all have a merry christmas....

look, it sucks for us as fans, for him as a player, student, and teammate...the simple fact is he's gone. whatever the reason, it's too close to the season for all the speculation "what if Helu gets hurt, what if Lee gets hurt, what if Burkhead, yadda, yadda"

sometimes something like this can galvanize a team and immediatly direct the players focus on competition for the available spot, realize their one play (or player) away from being on the field, etc...it also shows that no one is above Bo's laws and can scare the crap out of people to just handle their damn business. Yes, it sucks bad...but lets see how everyone responds, that is the true test

Plus, show me ANY proof of a 'vaunted' 1,2 punch that has had any effectiveness here at NU the last few years?

Not Ross, Lucky

Not Lucky, Glenn

Not Lucky, Q

Not Lucky, Helu

Not Helu, Castille

One player has gotten the majority of the snaps at any one time and then other players have plugged up holes where needed (just like a backup is supposed to!)

We have talent and depth at RB and losing a guy that has POTENTIAL doesn't worry me too dang much.

All true. This really does suck. And yes, losing Castille hurts our running game. A lot. I can’t help but think that the Bobfather would have found a way to keep Castille on the roster. Even TO might have. Things like this, and the Cody Glenn issue from last year, make me wonder about Bo. Oh, I still support him. I just wonder if he knows how to handle things behind the scenes, subtley instead of just napalming the whole situation. :hmmph

For the sake of argument, let's just pretend the initial post was correct, mentioning the number 5. How many chances do you give someone who has repeated the same offense five times?

I have no idea if that's true, but if so, I'm glad some rules are enforced. No player is above the team.

For the sake of argument, mentioning number 5, I'd say it depends. If it wasn’t something public and not inherently dangerous I might keeping levying harsher penalties on him with no specific limit. Eventually he would become educated. Or spend the whole season running stairs for an extra hour per day then doing his homework outside my office until I drove him home and tucked him in. Sure, at some point, I guess the situation could not be handled behind closed doors.

Plus, show me ANY proof of a 'vaunted' 1,2 punch that has had any effectiveness here at NU the last few years?

Not Ross, Lucky

Not Lucky, Glenn

Not Lucky, Q

Not Lucky, Helu

Not Helu, Castille

One player has gotten the majority of the snaps at any one time and then other players have plugged up holes where needed (just like a backup is supposed to!)

We have talent and depth at RB and losing a guy that has POTENTIAL doesn't worry me too dang much.

Steve Spurrier told me that Green/Phillips was an effective 1/2 punch.

For the sake of argument, let's just pretend the initial post was correct, mentioning the number 5. How many chances do you give someone who has repeated the same offense five times?

I have no idea if that's true, but if so, I'm glad some rules are enforced. No player is above the team.

For the sake of argument, mentioning number 5, I'd say it depends. If it wasn’t something public and not inherently dangerous I might keeping levying harsher penalties on him with no specific limit. Eventually he would become educated. Or spend the whole season running stairs for an extra hour per day then doing his homework outside my office until I drove him home and tucked him in. Sure, at some point, I guess the situation could not be handled behind closed doors.

From what I heard, he failed the tests over the course of the last year of so. Bo tests more often than the NCAA requires and you are right in the thought of giving harsher and harsher punishments. The Unity council voted last night after practice to boot him. The younger guys wanted him out and the older guys wanted suspension. Again take it for what it is worth, this is all I have heard. The number 5 was given to me, I don't know if that is correct or more in the context of "like five times".

Wow....this really really sucks! I was looking forward to watching Helu and Castille gash through defenses. It is nice to see that Pelini is not putting up with anything...no matter who you are.

I hope that Rex will step up and be ready or find someone who can fill the void. Thankfully the first two games will help Rex get ready for Va Tech.

From what I heard, he failed the tests over the course of the last year of so. Bo tests more often than the NCAA requires and you are right in the thought of giving harsher and harsher punishments. The Unity council voted last night after practice to boot him. The younger guys wanted him out and the older guys wanted suspension. Again take it for what it is worth, this is all I have heard. The number 5 was given to me, I don't know if that is correct or more in the context of "like five times".

Thanks for the explanation. I can believe it's likely true. It makes sense.

From the LJS: "Pelini said the Unity Council was not involved in the decision." So, either whoever told you that story was blatantly (and elaborately) fabricating, or Pelini just flat-out lied.

To Quentin Castille: Thank you for the time you spent at Nebraska, your performance in the Gator Bowl helped the team to win and good luck in the future.

The good thing is he can transfer to another D-1A school, sit out a year as a redshirt and still have two years of elgibility remaining.

Or he could transfer to a D-1AA school and play right away.

Come on, to say Q's loss isn't a big one is being disingenuous. NU just took a huge hit in their running game, and now there is even more pressure on Helu to carry the load. A load that Q was more than capable of carrying when Lucky wasn't getting the job done last season.

As good as Roy Helu is, I don't see our running game getting off to the great start many Husker fans where hoping for. Mendoza's speed will help, but there is no one in the backfield right now that can match Q's size and physicality. This loss will hurt us, especially early part of the season.

It is two entirely different eras. Kids are different, NCAA actually tries to enforce some of the rules some of the time and, oh yeah, THE INTERNET.

To Quentin Castille: Thank you for the time you spent at Nebraska, your performance in the Gator Bowl helped the team to win and good luck in the future.

The good thing is he can transfer to another D-1A school, sit out a year as a redshirt and still have two years of elgibility remaining.

Or he could transfer to a D-1AA school and play right away.

He can go to Jacksonville St with the ex-LSU QB.