Castille..

are you kidding me? it has nothing to do with being able to fill the void, it has to do with principals and conviction. that comment is an insult to Pelini...no one person, nobody is bigger than the program or the ethics of it and Pelini..give me a break!

Gotta greet you there Hunter. If Pelini was worried about void filling instead of strict discipline Kevin Dixon would still be on the team.

thanks, but i am dropping out of this conversation for fear of saying something i might regret...i am disappointed by what i have read thus far............

About Pelini's decision or the fan base reaction to it?

fan base reaction........

Last year I thought Q had way too many fumbles during the season and cringed everytime I saw him get a carry. When Helu went down and he had to play a lot against Clemson I thought all was lost. However, as we all know, he turned in an awesome performance and I, like most everyone else, was excited to see if he would be able to build on that and make big strides this year. That he is now off the team is disappointing (to say the least) but I have faith in Bo that he did the right thing. The program can't be undermined by the players, ever. It's as simple as that.

I am sorry to see him go, but obviously Pelini thought it was the right thing to do, so who am I (or anyone else for that matter) to question the HC's judgement? I do believe it sends yet another message to the players and I believe it does shine a good light on the Huskers (ie there is a right and a wrong way to conduct yourself at UNL). Time for Rex or someone else to step up....and in all honesty, the O line needs to take control this year.....it dont matter who we have back there if the O line gets blown up.

As much as it makes me mad that Q screwed up and screwed the team, I am feeling confident that Helu will have a breakout year and was going to outshine Castille and any of the other backs this year. I had a feeling earlier this week that Helu was going to be the star of the program this year and the 1-2 punch of Helu & Q this year was going to be more like a KO from Helu. I guess my gut feeling was either the fact that Q was gonna get the boot or the fact that Roy will actually do HUGE things this year! This dismissal will not kill our team, and it will not ruin our season! How many people last year thought the D the rest of the season was gonna hurt bad when Glenn was dismissed???? I know I did. WE WILL BE OK!

I hadn't been here for a couple of days. i read all the news stories before reading the thread. Makes it kind of interesting. The attacks on the original poster were amusing.

I thought Q would have a big year for us but not as big as the year Helu is going to have.

He really only has 2 good games...

AND

midway through last season many on this board were calling for him to be moved to LB bc/ he fumbles too much.

The Clemson game was an exception for him, not the norm. It was the last thing we saw and what we remember. It gave us great optimism but that isn't really what his career has been.

Pellini's style of not saying what happened frustrates the hell out of inner gossipy little b!+ch but it is kind of amusing all the same.

I wish someone would speculate what kind of drugs he might have failed 5 tests for...allegedly.

Who is the Castille you are talking about.

Time to move on. We have adequate backs to do the job.

Trust in Bo, again he has done the right thing.

He is trying to clean up the program. Getting quality character here.

Again who is this person you are talking about.

Out of sight out of mind.

Concentrate on the positives.

A freshman starting or sharing starting role is a fantastic thought

Move on.

Edit:sup gramps fix the dbl pst. :) Rawhide

are you kidding me? it has nothing to do with being able to fill the void, it has to do with principals and conviction. that comment is an insult to Pelini...no one person, nobody is bigger than the program or the ethics of it and Pelini..give me a break!

Give me a break, home-skillet. I'm proud of the swift action and the message it sends the team, but who set the bar for these "principles"? Would you say Dr. Tom? Tell me that LP would not have just been cut from the team if it weren't for his redonkulous gifts. If he had been a perpetual 2nd stringer, he would have been off campus and in a counseling program that day. Even the best coaches can be fallible when it comes to discipline and raw talent.

Just saying if it was Helu, or God-forbid Suh, they might have offered a window back. (completely dependent on what "it" actually was)

I wish someone would speculate what kind of drugs he might have failed 5 tests for...allegedly.

I heard it was fiddle-faddles... :laughpound

Fiddle-faddle is addictive. I heard they call it the gateway snack. :lol:

If that's true I sincerely hope he doesn't move on to Ho-Ho's or, Heaven forbid, Cupcakes.