Castille..

In before the lock!! :)

:lol:

I just want to send out a thanks to knapplc - his post, which I quoted, was made just after I made mine. In other words, he was typing his as mine hit the Board. He PM'ed me to offer to take it down. We appreciate that kind of attitude; it's what helps make this Board a great place to be.

Meh, teacher's pet.... <_<

If he really failed multiple drug tests, I don't feel bad for him at all. That's pure stupidity to me.

Still this is a huge blow to the team and I would rather he still be here. I'm sure this will get some undies in a tangle, but I see this as a substantial step back wards in the quest for the big xii north crown. We may still win it, we have a lot of quality players, but I think our chances have to be at least reconsidered.

i disagree, he need to be gone. no one person or player should be bigger than the ethics of the program. that is exactly the problem with America today, everyone wants to cheat and cut the corners to gain success, at the price of ethical people! that attitude will kill this country in a heartbeat!

He needed to be gone why? You don't know what he did. Bo decided it was bad enough for him to be dismissed, but frankly, I'm scratching my head right now. I'm not saying that he did NOT do something deserving of the penalty, but I have my doubts that he really did. Plus, I'm not sure if you understand what I said, I said that if the rumors are true, he acted stupidly and that I didn't feel bad for him.

I just got done drinking a 24 pk of Coors Light hoping that this Castille talk was all nothing but lies and not true and that he's still on the team.........turns out that I need to drink some more :wasted

On a side note this is a HUGE LOSE to the running game for Nebraska and puts a lot of pressure on Helu and Burkhead to perform better more so on Rex and it also puts more pressure on Lee to turn up the notch on the passing game. I have faith in the coaches decisions with Rex as the #2 RB and I can't wait to watch this kid shine this season. I think that it will be a smart move for Mendoza to move back to RB to add some more speed but time will tell and we are about 13 days away.

As much as it makes me mad that Q screwed up and screwed the team, I am feeling confident that Helu will have a breakout year and was going to outshine Castille and any of the other backs this year. I had a feeling earlier this week that Helu was going to be the star of the program this year and the 1-2 punch of Helu & Q this year was going to be more like a KO from Helu. I guess my gut feeling was either the fact that Q was gonna get the boot or the fact that Roy will actually do HUGE things this year! This dismissal will not kill our team, and it will not ruin our season! How many people last year thought the D the rest of the season was gonna hurt bad when Glenn was dismissed???? I know I did. WE WILL BE OK!

I am also thinking along these lines. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of having six backs running and never getting a chance to really get going in a game. It would be nice to get another chance to have a Rozier or Phillips... someone to carry the load of the Huskers like the iBacks of old.

Helu could be that guy... with Castille out of the way, he has a chance to prove it. Right? No?

Helu could definitely be that guy. As long as he stays healthy. That is what seems to have been the achilles tendon for the backs of the previous 3-4 years. No one has stayed healthy through a full year, or been consistantly helathy enough to be a feature back that would compare to a Rozier or Phillips. I think that Helu has a great shot at it. He has put on muscle and gained speed (as much as you can) in the offseason, and not only that I think mentally and spiritually he as at a new level.

I hate to be the bible thumper on here, but I think the most impressive thing I have seen from Helu this off season was an answer he threw out at media day. Some reporter asked him what brought him to Nebraska or why did he decide to come here. He responded that he initially didn't like NU and wasn't fond of campus, but now he realizes that he decided to come here for a bigger reason and that was his growth in Jesus. Ron Brown has this kid playing and thinking on a whole new level. And this may be a reach for a comparison, but he has a new found inner strength, and sense of confidence in him, just like what Brook Berringer portrayed through his college career. Look for big things out of Roy...

Whatever it was our team is better off without the guy. Could have been performance enhancers, smoke, underage girls, booze or maybe a growing attitude problem.

You don't cut a solid back like Quentin Castille unless you are 100% convinced that he a detriment to the organization and that you can fill his void with talent. As much as we loved his hard hitting style, he was not a wunderkind and he had no fifth gear.

There is one thing about our stable of young backs that we don't know yet. Who is the guy that can simply make things happen when the world is watching and the crowd in Blacksburg is trying to drown out the audible?

Sounds like the coaches are confident they have one. I'm sure there are a couple more in there.

Disagree strongly with this. If a guy ain't right, and he ain't fixing it, you cut him. Backup plan or not. Because otherwise you are shady and what you accomplish is worthless because you have no character or standards. I would rather lose with integrity than win without my integrity intact. Just my take. Well, mine and Bo's IMHO. I don't think he has a great backup plan. I think you all better hope Helu is REALLY durable, cause that is probably your only real hope to win the North title now. I think Bo should be more credited for taking care of it despite that it will hurt, then not telling the whole world every last detail about an internal team matter, and moving on to take care of his business the right way. I don't like how Bo acts sometime with his temper, but otherwise, I really respect him a lot and this sort of thing is why. I hope the best for Bo and the team (well, the second best) and hope the rest o fthe team is not punished too much but what one guy did to let them down.

I heard from a friend that he missed a bunch of captains meetings and captains practices, and that really ticked Pelini off, and that he also had a bunch of unpaid parking tickets. I dont know if there is any truth to that but i believe it.

Whoa, you better not shoot out any other speculation otherwise Froppa, knapplc, and Husker Jen will burn you at the stake and tell you to leave this board!

I just want to personally THANK the original starter of this thread. His information was good and it sparked a great discussion about Husker news that was mostly correct. I would hate to think that anyone that posts their mind or any information (whether it be true or not) on here and that isn't breaking board rules should be told to "GTFO"

Group Hug time...

Disagree strongly with this. If a guy ain't right, and he ain't fixing it, you cut him. Backup plan or not. Because otherwise you are shady and what you accomplish is worthless because you have no character or standards. I would rather lose with integrity than win without my integrity intact. Just my take. Well, mine and Bo's IMHO. I don't think he has a great backup plan. I think you all better hope Helu is REALLY durable, cause that is probably your only real hope to win the North title now. I think Bo should be more credited for taking care of it despite that it will hurt, then not telling the whole world every last detail about an internal team matter, and moving on to take care of his business the right way. I don't like how Bo acts sometime with his temper, but otherwise, I really respect him a lot and this sort of thing is why. I hope the best for Bo and the team (well, the second best) and hope the rest o fthe team is not punished too much but what one guy did to let them down.

Jayhawk,

All I can say is....... :clap:clap:clap:clap

Kansas sucks arse but you're awright... :lol:

As much as it makes me mad that Q screwed up and screwed the team, I am feeling confident that Helu will have a breakout year and was going to outshine Castille and any of the other backs this year. I had a feeling earlier this week that Helu was going to be the star of the program this year and the 1-2 punch of Helu & Q this year was going to be more like a KO from Helu. I guess my gut feeling was either the fact that Q was gonna get the boot or the fact that Roy will actually do HUGE things this year! This dismissal will not kill our team, and it will not ruin our season! How many people last year thought the D the rest of the season was gonna hurt bad when Glenn was dismissed???? I know I did. WE WILL BE OK!

I am also thinking along these lines. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of having six backs running and never getting a chance to really get going in a game. It would be nice to get another chance to have a Rozier or Phillips... someone to carry the load of the Huskers like the iBacks of old.

Helu could be that guy... with Castille out of the way, he has a chance to prove it. Right? No?

Helu could definitely be that guy. As long as he stays healthy. That is what seems to have been the achilles tendon for the backs of the previous 3-4 years. No one has stayed healthy through a full year, or been consistantly helathy enough to be a feature back that would compare to a Rozier or Phillips. I think that Helu has a great shot at it. He has put on muscle and gained speed (as much as you can) in the offseason, and not only that I think mentally and spiritually he as at a new level.

I hate to be the bible thumper on here, but I think the most impressive thing I have seen from Helu this off season was an answer he threw out at media day. Some reporter asked him what brought him to Nebraska or why did he decide to come here. He responded that he initially didn't like NU and wasn't fond of campus, but now he realizes that he decided to come here for a bigger reason and that was his growth in Jesus. Ron Brown has this kid playing and thinking on a whole new level. And this may be a reach for a comparison, but he has a new found inner strength, and sense of confidence in him, just like what Brook Berringer portrayed through his college career. Look for big things out of Roy...

It's not my place to say what will make a great Nebraska player, but I have especially liked the guys who can manage to have a good head on their shoulders and play great...It has to be really, really hard...I can't imagine the expectations, temptations, whatever. I obviously wasn't a top-notch Husker football player, and I still did my time enjoying the college life. I can't imagine what you go through with the status, the hopes that are put on your shoulders. These are young adults...trying to balance alot of things. Have fun, don't have too much fun, be responsible, maybe not responsible all the time, who's your friends, who wants something from you...geez...And if you recall the quotes from Helu, he no doubt has to deal with losing a friend and teammate in Castille. Helu Has a great sense of humor, just seems like a kid who really can see a bigger picture but also works really hard. Really excited for him, but man...talk about sorting your life when you're supposed to be enjoying it.

Whatever it was our team is better off without the guy. Could have been performance enhancers, smoke, underage girls, booze or maybe a growing attitude problem.

You don't cut a solid back like Quentin Castille unless you are 100% convinced that he a detriment to the organization and that you can fill his void with talent. As much as we loved his hard hitting style, he was not a wunderkind and he had no fifth gear.

There is one thing about our stable of young backs that we don't know yet. Who is the guy that can simply make things happen when the world is watching and the crowd in Blacksburg is trying to drown out the audible?

Sounds like the coaches are confident they have one. I'm sure there are a couple more in there.

I agree with about 90% of this...minus the whole pro KU thing. :) GBR!

I heard from a friend that he missed a bunch of captains meetings and captains practices, and that really ticked Pelini off, and that he also had a bunch of unpaid parking tickets. I dont know if there is any truth to that but i believe it.

Whoa, you better not shoot out any other speculation otherwise Froppa, knapplc, and Husker Jen will burn you at the stake and tell you to leave this board!

I just want to personally THANK the original starter of this thread. His information was good and it sparked a great discussion about Husker news that was mostly correct. I would hate to think that anyone that posts their mind or any information (whether it be true or not) on here and that isn't breaking board rules should be told to "GTFO"

Group Hug time...

Who the hell is 'Froppa'?!? :)

A pretty nice post.

You know Castille is upset. It has got to feel just as bad as divorce!

I wonder who will pick him up!

Bo has any information going in and out of the team like the Godfather. AIRTIGHT! I like that he is not glorifying the situation, still giving the players a chance to go further in life. We need to Clone Bo Pelini and sell his character to other college teams to fund Husker City! :nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

Group Hug time...

LOL- Yeah sorry about the name thing and sorry for semi-blasting you and the others. Just got on here and saw that one guy kind of getting keyed on and threw my stupid 2 cents worth out. I guess this whole Castille thing has gotten under my skin worse than I thought. I need a drink, thank God the Rockies won tonight or I might be breaking stuff all over my house! LOL :bang

Group Hug time...

LOL- Yeah sorry about the name thing and sorry for semi-blasting you and the others. Just got on here and saw that one guy kind of getting keyed on and threw my stupid 2 cents worth out. I guess this whole Castille thing has gotten under my skin worse than I thought. I need a drink, thank God the Rockies won tonight or I might be breaking stuff all over my house! LOL :bang

No, it's cool...You've got it easy...I have to try to explain why it's possible I'm a Yankees and Royals fan, lived in Denver, and am NOT a Rockies fan, even though my two absolutely favorite pro teams are the Avs and Broncos! That said, I am all for the Rox winning the NLCS. I wonder about my sanity sometimes...Hack makes me think I'm not too bad off. :o