Castille..

Kicked off the team for 5th failed drug screen. Possible to keep him on suspension. Time will tell. Hard guy to replace

I have a hard time believing this. 1) Quentin has never been in trouble before 2) Five, you're saying it took five failed drug test to get him booted. 3) If he were booted why would he have been at practice today as was stated in a previous post?

I am coming back to eat crow, and let me tell you it tastes awful.

So Castille is still off the team and the sun actually came up today. Amazing. It's shocking to me how so many people can get their panties in a bunch over one player. There are after all over a hundred players on this team.

Castille was poised to have a great season, no doubt. We may never know. Unless re-instatement is possible, Christiansen got re-instated after something pretty major, hard to think Castille might not be able to work his butt off to mend this broken bridge. However, Bo did sound pretty final when he said. "I wish him the best."

There are other talented running backs on this football team. Castille's absence can only motivate the competition further. IT's not time to write the season off or dwell on who we don't have. It's time to focus on who we DO have. I am confident that the team will do very well this year even with this major setback.

Best of Luck to Roy Helu, Marcus Mendoza, Rex Burkhead, and others.

Now lets take a moment to remember a few other key positions that make an offense work. QB,WR,TE,OT,OG,C,FB,..

Not to mention an entire defense foaming at the mouth to prove themselves as a true Pelini D!

Overachievement is still what I expect. I believe thats what I'll see.

Does anyone else find it strange that we lose Castille and suddenly there's a whole host of people upset that we've lost a key part of our offense this year, when Castille's career stats are unimpressive at best, yet when asked why they're upset at losing him you most often hear that he was going to be good this year, his fumbles were going away, and he'd had a good camp. So because of this, people are upset about losing him.

But, coaches are raving about Zac Lee, he's the clear #1 QB, Pelini himself has noted how good Lee is doing to the national media, and yet there are about as many people here upset about our QB situation as are upset about losing Q.

Why are people upset about losing Castille, yet not happy about Lee?

Does anyone else find it strange that we lose Castille and suddenly there's a whole host of people upset that we've lost a key part of our offense this year, when Castille's career stats are unimpressive at best, yet when asked why they're upset at losing him you most often hear that he was going to be good this year, his fumbles were going away, and he'd had a good camp. So because of this, people are upset about losing him.

But, coaches are raving about Zac Lee, he's the clear #1 QB, Pelini himself has noted how good Lee is doing to the national media, and yet there are about as many people here upset about our QB situation as are upset about losing Q.

Because it takes more energy to be happy than it does to be a pessimist.

Q brought more than carrying the ball to the table... he RAN THROUGH PEOPLE and made them respect and fear him. I remember that recipe being used in the 90s that netted us 3 national titles.

besides, helu himself said Q made huge improvements carrying the ball and I quote "his hands are wired around the ball".

I am not saying Bo should be fired, but should seek advice before destroying some kids future because of a team rule. Not saying either its okay for rules to be broken, but even accused rapists get a 2nd chance to play. I think Bos ego is involved in this and it shouldnt be...

thats it for me kids, time to go drive the drop top mustang. 'Chaters!!

It's fairly obvious that whatever Q did, he was given chances. He was either sent home this summer or left on his own accord, but either way he mentioned having to earn back his teamates trust in the past week. Nobody definitely knows what happened other than Q and Bo. I'm sure he talked with TO about the situation, coaches rarely will dismiss or dole out serious discipline without talking to the AD.

Bo took 3-4 days to make a decision, he is protecting whatever Q did from the media, and even made it a point to call him a good kid and wish him luck. Q knew what he had to do to continue to be a part of Nebraska football, and made a choice not to do it.

Yeah, I agree... a decision had to be made. Warnings were given, chances burned... it ultimately falls on Q to do the right thing. Sad he threw away a golden chance... but still confuses me how a 2 time DUI arrestee can still be on the team. I guess smoking weed is more serious than drunk driving? I dont hear many deaths tied to stoned driving, but thats another argument for another forum. Thanks for tolerating my opinions guys... not one of you told me to F Off, once. thanks.

Q brought more than carrying the ball to the table... he RAN THROUGH PEOPLE and made them respect and fear him. I remember that recipe being used in the 90s that netted us 3 national titles.

besides, helu himself said Q made huge improvements carrying the ball and I quote "his hands are wired around the ball".

I am not saying Bo should be fired, but should seek advice before destroying some kids future because of a team rule. Not saying either its okay for rules to be broken, but even accused rapists get a 2nd chance to play. I think Bos ego is involved in this and it shouldnt be...

It's fairly obvious that whatever Q did, he was given chances. He was either sent home this summer or left on his own accord, but either way he mentioned having to earn back his teamates trust in the past week. Nobody definitely knows what happened other than Q and Bo. I'm sure he talked with TO about the situation, coaches rarely will dismiss or dole out serious discipline without talking to the AD.

Bo took 3-4 days to make a decision, he is protecting whatever Q did from the media, and even made it a point to call him a good kid and wish him luck. Q knew what he had to do to continue to be a part of Nebraska football, and made a choice not to do it.

Yeah, I agree... a decision had to be made. Warnings were given, chances burned... it ultimately falls on Q to do the right thing. Sad he threw away a golden chance... but still confuses me how a 2 time DUI arrestee can still be on the team. I guess smoking weed is more serious than drunk driving? I dont hear many deaths tied to stoned driving, but thats another argument for another forum. Thanks for tolerating my opinions guys... not one of you told me to F Off, once. thanks.

Come around a little more often "jj" you'll find that we are not a hard group to get along with.

T_O_B

:nanalama

Come around a little more often "jj" you'll find that we are not a hard group to get along with.

T_O_B

:nanalama

True dat... you phuckers are A+ in my book. :LOLtartar

I am not a hater, but I see the issue. You guys are going o need your running game this year, with a new starting QB. He played great against Clemson when he was needed, and he is a nice counterpunch in style to Helu. I think he would have been a good contributor, and the two backs provided insurance for each other. If Q had not been on the team last year, for instance, you probably lose to Clemson. Now you need him more, and he is not there. That is hard to minimize. Maybe Burkhead or someone else will really step up. if so, should be no big deal. Maybe Helu will be healthy all year despite the larger load. and again, if that happens it is not so bad. But I think given the unsettled spot at #2 RBa and the role Q was to play, it does hurt.

jayhawk I get where you're going, and I think that the perception is that it will hurt, and that's the key. Because like you said, we don't know.

RB is one of the easier positions to fill on a football team. RBs come and go like the tide in the NFL; it's not a position of longevity, typically. But people are looking more at what we lost (because they've seen Q play against Clemson, for example) than what we have (which is a QB and some young RBs they've never seen before).

I was at the Spring Game and I'm not that worried about Zac Lee. We'll see how the baby backs do when (and not "if" in my opinion) Helu has to sit out a game. I'm hearing from the coaches, before Q was dismissed, that we have good young running backs. We'll see if that was sunshine or the truth.

I'm almost positive a few of us would be (just as) upset if we lost Lee.

Losing Q hurts me more because of the loss of potential.

Wins and losses are supposed to be the only thing that count, but I was really looking forward to the style of play..or a possible return to that style (Smashmouth).

I don't remember scores of games, or even always who won..but I do remember spectacular plays.

Helu can probably deliver a punch, too..but more than 15 a game? All season?

The "Baby Backs" can develope that sort of reputation, but it will probably take a season or two to get to the level that we already would've had with Castille...(And he would've had two more seasons of eligibility left to terrorize opposing Defenses.

I am not a hater, but I see the issue. You guys are going o need your running game this year, with a new starting QB. He played great against Clemson when he was needed, and he is a nice counterpunch in style to Helu. I think he would have been a good contributor, and the two backs provided insurance for each other. If Q had not been on the team last year, for instance, you probably lose to Clemson. Now you need him more, and he is not there. That is hard to minimize. Maybe Burkhead or someone else will really step up. if so, should be no big deal. Maybe Helu will be healthy all year despite the larger load. and again, if that happens it is not so bad. But I think given the unsettled spot at #2 RBa and the role Q was to play, it does hurt.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg